Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
Peteballa
Go Gators
 
Peteballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 2,418
Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Just in case anybody forgot...

LeBron was awful in the Finals. We all can agree on this. HOWEVER.

One of the main arguments against LeBron is that he folds in the clutch and doesn't do anything in the 4th quarter. This is true for the Finals and the regular season; however, for the rest of the playoffs..

LeBron took over at the end of game 5 against the Celtics. Completely took over, and won us the series;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Rd7...eature=related

LeBron also was a huge factor, along with Wade, in a huge comback against the Bulls in Game 5 to win the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nFBz...eature=related

He was incredibly clutch and dominated for the first three rounds of the playoffs. Did he have a bad finals? Yes. But let's not get amnesia and forget just how great he was for the rest of the playoffs, especially against the Bulls, when Wade was going through a huge slump.

Also, if your response is going to be that he wasn't clutch in the regular season as well as the Finals, I agree. He wasn't. However, he became clutch in the playoffs and had a few series' where he was the scariest player on the floor during the 4th quarter, by far. He fixed his problem that he had during the regular season and showed that he could close. He just started being too passive in the finals.

Another response; the Finals is the only stage where it matters, and he was awful. My response: He wasn't that bad. Seriously; he didn't play that poorly when he tried; however, that was the issue - he didn't try. He was totally passive in the 4th and completely fell asleep during crucial possessions. Does that mean his performance is excused? Absolutely not! But it also doesn't imply that he choked, missed easy shots/free throws, or played poorly in general; he just didn't try. It was like he didn't care out there.

TL;DR - THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE

LeBron had a poor finals. He was the best player in the league for every other round of the playoffs. The amount of hate is unwarranted. But don't just read the TLDR; read my explanation above.

Last edited by Peteballa : 08-01-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,210
pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

wtf are u talking about game 5 this and that..... ??

LEBRON DOMINATED ALL THAT SHIT..........

SIXERS SERIES HE SHARED WITH WADE....

CELTICS SERIES IT WAS HIM WHO DOMINATED....

BULLS SERIES IT WAS OOOOOONLY HIM.... WADE WAS HORRIBLE IN THE BULLS SERIES.... WORSE THAN LEBRON IN MAVS SERIES....

IT WAS SHOCKING TO SEE HIS "MAGIC" VANISH AGAINST MAVS AFTER WHAT HE HAS DONE ENTIRE YEAR...... AND THIS 2ND FIDDLE (WADE) ALL OF THE SUDDEN PLAYING GREAT......... WHAT THIS PROVES IS THAT LEBRON IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN WADE.............. WADE WAS FANTASTIC.... AND THEY STILL DIDNT WIN....

LEBRON WON THE BULLS SERIES WHEN WADE WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE..... WADE COULDNT RETURN THE FAVOUR.... LEBRON IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT TO THE HEAT... THEY SEEM TO CANT AFFORD HIM NOT PRODUCING UP TO HIS STANDARDS

Last edited by pauk : 08-01-2011 at 12:36 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #3
Peteballa
Go Gators
 
Peteballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 2,418
Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
wtf are u talking about game 5 this and that..... ??

LEBRON DOMINATED ALL THAT SHIT..........

SIXERS SERIES HE SHARED WITH WADE....

CELTICS SERIES IT WAS HIM WHO DOMINATED....

BULLS SERIES IT WAS OOOOOONLY HIM.... WADE WAS HORRIBLE IN THE BULLS SERIES.... WORSE THAN LEBRON IN MAVS SERIES....

No ****ing shit dumb ****, my post is trying to defend LeBron.

You know what, I don't even blame people on this board for hating on Heat fans, dumbasses like you give us such a bad name.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
ThaSwagg3r
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

LeBron James is not even the best player on his own team. Give me Wade over him, the guy that has proven to lead his team to the championship and win it all unlike LeBron.

1. Wade
2. Dirk
3. Dwight
4. LeBron
5. Cp3
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,824
28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

lol @ best player in every round. Durant was far and away the best player in the 1st round.
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
Peteballa
Go Gators
 
Peteballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 2,418
Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
lol @ best player in every round. Durant was far and away the best player in the 1st round.

Sorry, I should have been more clear; I didn't mean each round individually. Durant was def better in the 1st round. I meant the playoffs outside of the Finals as a whole.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,852
tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
lol @ best player in every round. Durant was far and away the best player in the 1st round.
Dwight Howard dumbass.. not close.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #8
ThaSwagg3r
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
Sorry, I should have been more clear; I didn't mean each round individually. Durant was def better in the 1st round. I meant the playoffs outside of the Finals as a whole.
Peteballa, Who are your top 5 players in the NBA? Explain how LeBron is better than Wade if you don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Dwight Howard dumbass.. not close.
Chris Paul... not close.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #9
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 32,335
DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

i was honestly surprised lebron played that badly in the finals compared to how he played in the celtics and bulls series. he didnt look the same player really. an excuse is not needed for lebron. he just played badly and deserves the hate. but he looked tired and gassed than i have ever seen him play before. and probably much of the poor play is merited to mental aspects of his game. he just doesnt play the same way anymore.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #10
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,824
28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Dwight Howard dumbass.. not close.

Someone getting destroyed by a lower seed=/= best player in that round, dumbass.
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #11
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,852
tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r


Chris Paul... not close.
22/12/7 on 54.5%FG.. don't know his eFG or TS, but they are probably very high.

versus

27/16/2 on 63%FG

CP3 was incredible, but the only area he really was better at than Dwight was passing the ball. Dwight was a more productive and efficient scorer while Paul was a much, much better playmaker. Dwight was obviously much more valuable defensively and destroys him on the glass.

Whatever the case, I was comparing Dwight to Durant when i said not close.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #12
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend
 
305Baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 6,530
305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
LeBron was awful in the Finals. We all can agree on this. HOWEVER.

One of the main arguments against LeBron is that he folds in the clutch and doesn't do anything in the 4th quarter. This is true for the Finals and the regular season; however, for the rest of the playoffs..

LeBron took over at the end of game 5 against the Celtics. Completely took over, and won us the series;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Rd7...eature=related

LeBron also was a huge factor, along with Wade, in a huge comback against the Bulls in Game 5 to win the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nFBz...eature=related

He was incredibly clutch and dominated for the first three rounds of the playoffs. Did he have a bad finals? Yes. But let's not get amnesia and forget just how great he was for the rest of the playoffs, especially against the Bulls, when Wade was going through a huge slump.

Also, if your response is going to be that he wasn't clutch in the regular season as well as the Finals, I agree. He wasn't. However, he became clutch in the playoffs and had a few series' where he was the scariest player on the floor during the 4th quarter, by far. He fixed his problem that he had during the regular season and showed that he could close. He just started being too passive in the finals.

Another response; the Finals is the only stage where it matters, and he was awful. My response: He wasn't that bad. Seriously; he didn't play that poorly when he tried; however, that was the issue - he didn't try. He was totally passive in the 4th and completely fell asleep during crucial possessions. Does that mean his performance is excused? Absolutely not! But it also doesn't imply that he choked, missed easy shots/free throws, or played poorly in general; he just didn't try. It was like he didn't care out there.

TL;DR - THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE

LeBron had a poor finals. He was the best player in the league for every other round of the playoffs. The amount of hate is unwarranted. But don't just read the TLDR; read my explanation above.

Fatigue could have been a factor. The climax from the Bulls series lasted only two to three games in the finls. Then Miami just hit a wall.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #13
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,852
tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Someone getting destroyed by a lower seed=/= best player in that round, dumbass.
Give Durant Dwight's teammates and they dont even win 40 games.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #14
ThaSwagg3r
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
22/12/7 on 54.5%FG.. don't know his eFG or TS, but they are probably very high.

versus

27/16/2 on 63%FG

CP3 was incredible, but the only area he really was better at than Dwight was passing the ball. Dwight was a more productive and efficient scorer while Paul was a much, much better playmaker. Dwight was obviously much more valuable defensively and destroys him on the glass.

Whatever the case, I was comparing Dwight to Durant when i said not close.
If you wanna know why I feel Chris Paul was better, it was because the Hornets weren't even suppose to win a game. Everybody predicted that the Hornets-Lakers series was going to be a sweep in favor of the Lakers. David West was out for the series and for the season due to a freakish knee injury and the Hornets ended up winning 2 games out of 6 against the Lakers. The Magic were the favorites and suppose to win that series, but they ended up losing in 6.

Chris Paul exceeded expectations in the 2011 playofs while Dwight Howard did not meet his. It is simple.

(That was posted in this thread).

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=230122&page=2
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #15
Peteballa
Go Gators
 
Peteballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 2,418
Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
i was honestly surprised lebron played that badly in the finals compared to how he played in the celtics and bulls series. he didnt look the same player really. an excuse is not needed for lebron. he just played badly and deserves the hate. but he looked tired and gassed than i have ever seen him play before. and probably much of the poor play is merited to mental aspects of his game. he just doesnt play the same way anymore.

The point I am making is it's almost two months later and people are still posting things like "dont ask lebron for a dollar or he wont give you the 4th quarter" etc. when the 4th quarter was when he dominated during the playoffs except for the Finals. It's like they remember the Finals vividly, and have amnesia about the Celtics and the Bulls. I agree he played awful in the Finals, but I think people need to acknowledge that it was that series solely he performed that way and it doesn't reflect his game as a whole.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy