Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #16
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Especially when you play all four characters.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #17
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would think the truly hardest working players would be the fringe-scrubs who love the game but can't quite make the rotation.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:44 PM   #18
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
You've pretty much just listed the top 10 players in the NBA. Guys like Kobe and Gil, sure they train their asses off. Guys like Dirk, Melo, Yao, you don't hear of any superhuman workouts and training.

You're wrong on Dirk. It may not get much press nationwide but it's well known here about his work ethic. People have been instructed by the Mavs to basically throw him out of the gym, he's there so much. Just this week after they landed in Seattle. He and Jet went and worked out at the gym till 9:30 that night. And his offseason workouts in Germany with Holger are as intense as anyone's offseason program.

I'm not saying that those other players don't as well. I just know about his from living here. I'm sure fans of those players can contribute on their behalf.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:22 PM   #19
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
That Steve Nash thread got me thinking....

Who do you think are the 10 hardest working players in the NBA today? Who practices the most? Who has the highest work ethic? Try to pu tthem in order if you can, and explain your reasonings.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Steve Nash
3. Tim Duncan
4. Yao Ming
5. Dirk Nowitzki
6. Dwyane Wade
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. LeBron James
9. Gilbert Arenas
10. Kevin Garnett

I'll try to explain my reasonings later when I have time.

worst list ever. you just saying the top 10 players in the nba are the hardest working? no chance
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:27 PM   #20
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I figured Kobe was the hardest working. Why do you think Arenas is?
actually, Kobe probably is.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:33 PM   #21
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
actually, Kobe probably is.

Do you have any info on Steve Nash's work ethic/workout regimen?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #22
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Any list without Redd on it, is, well, wrong.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:39 PM   #23
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Dwight Howard... he IS the MOST hardworking player in the league...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:31 PM   #24
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jkidd should be around 4 on that list
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:31 PM   #25
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Dumbass topic

QFT
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:56 PM   #26
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Do you honestly think that only superstars (like the ones you put down) work the hardest? Practice isn't the only thing that makes you a great player. It takes natural talent, and I'd put a lot of money on the fact that there would be at least a couple, if not more, average players who work harder than half the guys on your list.

good answer. my thoughts exactly.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:44 AM   #27
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

How bout adding Rip to the list? Those 80 mile runs must be worth SOMETHING
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:08 AM   #28
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Do you have a link or any more info on Nash's workout regimen? I'm curious about it.

I figured Kobe was the hardest working. Why do you think Arenas is?

How exactly do you figure that you imbecile? Kobe is the ONLY player that routinely publicizes his workouts, which aren't even proven to be true...

If you don't know how hard all the other players work, what they do in the offseason, how can you make a top 10 list?
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:26 AM   #29
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
You've pretty much just listed the top 10 players in the NBA. Guys like Kobe and Gil, sure they train their asses off. Guys like Dirk, Melo, Yao, you don't hear of any superhuman workouts and training.

Melo's offseason the past 2 years has had some pretty praised workout programs. He runs the red rocks in Denver, trained like a Boxer this offseason under some guy with Chris Paul who said he's never seen anyone work as hard as Melo. And ofcourse like many other stars is a gym rat then and even now during practices.

Yao? I doubt it. But I don't know.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:29 AM   #30
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
How exactly do you figure that you imbecile? Kobe is the ONLY player that routinely publicizes his workouts, which aren't even proven to be true...

If you don't know how hard all the other players work, what they do in the offseason, how can you make a top 10 list?

make it sound like kobe comes out and says heres my workout. the workout i posted was given out by one of his trainers and whenever hes asked about it, he just says he gets in the gym early at 5:30 and is done by 12. he doesnt come out and say what his workout is, he is often asked because of his rep as a very hard worker

that said, i somewhat agree with you...its almost impossible to make an accurate list when we dont know every players' workout but that doesnt mean ppl cant share what they think about it
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: