Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #46
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Will Mass Effect 3 be the greatest game of this generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaskoX1
Greatest game this gen? Give me a break. Mass Effect series is so over glorified and overrated like every other Bioware game since Baldur's Gate.

You don't average a 9.5 score combined between 2 games if you're overrated. GTFO. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it can't be in the best of this gen conversation.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #47
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
You don't average a 9.5 score combined between 2 games if you're overrated. GTFO. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it can't be in the best of this gen conversation.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #48
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story Up
Uncharted 3 is coming out; played U2 and ME2 and Uncharted was the better game. I pick U3 as my GOTY.
Co-sign.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #49
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Co-sign.

Lol. Even Sony fans in an IGN review admitted Mass Effect 2 was better than Uncharted 2. I suppose if you prefer a pointless adventure game over an epic RPG. I suppose best is subjective. I'm willing to bet anyone Mass Effect takes Game Of The Year and scores a 9.8 or higher.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #50
Clippersfan86
Banned

Uncharted is a very linear and casual game. A great game no doubt but not one you get attached too. With Mass Effect you bond with all the characters. When someone dies it sucks. Not to mention you have a ton of control over the story which carries over to sequels. Mass Effect 3 is going to dominate Gears and Uncharted.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #51
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I love Uncharted, but come on.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #52
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Lol. Even Sony fans in an IGN review admitted Mass Effect 2 was better than Uncharted 2. I suppose if you prefer a pointless adventure game over an epic RPG. I suppose best is subjective. I'm willing to bet anyone Mass Effect takes Game Of The Year and scores a 9.8 or higher.
We are wrong for saying a game is better to us? Come on, you cant get any more douchy than that.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #53
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Avy bet Uncharted 3 wins GoTY?
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #54
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
We are wrong for saying a game is better to us? Come on, you cant get any more douchy than that.

Read what he said again. He didn't say he liked Uncharted better. He flat out said Uncharted was better which is what I'm disagreeing with. I see Uncharted as a game you can start and stop whenever. Casual game where it's linear and isn't very involving. I said Uncharted was a great game but Mass Effect is on another level when it comes to it's uniqueness. Mass Effect is the first game to do the things it's done. If you follow the lineage of Bioware starting with Jade Empire through KOTOR to Mass Effect you see that Mass Effect is a climax of near perfection.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 08-11-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #55
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Avy bet Uncharted 3 wins GoTY?

There are like 20+ GOTY's. Which one are we using? Also Mass Effect 3 is March 2012 while Uncharted is Nov 2011.... so they will be in a different year bracket right? Let's just see which one scores a higher average by the end of March.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #56
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
There are like 20+ GOTY's. Which one are we using?
VGA's lets do it.
Im gonna have to try Mass Effect from Game fly. I hope its as good as you say
Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #57
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
VGA's lets do it.
Im gonna have to try Mass Effect from Game fly. I hope its as good as you say

What kind of games do you normally like? You have a 360 or PS3?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #58
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
What kind of games do you normally like? You have a 360 or PS3?
All types. I tend to play both systems. My brother bought a PS3 I bought the 360, but its the opposite he slobs over the 360 while I mostly play PS3.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #59
Clippersfan86
Banned

Power I'm actually being a bit unreasonable. The matter of "better" is almost always subjective. I respect Uncharted enough to know it's a game to be reckoned with. Whether Mass Effect 3 or Uncharted 3 goes on to be considered the best game of this era..... it won't matter. What's more important is we got to play 2 amazing trilogies.

Uncharted reminds me of a badass action movie. Fun as hell and worth the price of admission but you forget about it shortly after. Mass Effect is an epic Sci Fi drama. Characters and relationships you won't be able to forget. It's really hard to compare an Action/Adventure to an RPG/Action game. One is super linear, the other is very open with thousands of decisions. I couldn't get too into Uncharted because it's not really my style of game and I'm sure many of you guys on here don't like Sci Fi and couldn't get into Mass Effect and I understand that.

Mass Effect uses a lot of believable and already studied sciences and physics. Also it's only like 150 years into the future so it's very cool to see what could be. I'm a science and Sci Fi junkie who just happens to love RPG's so this game caters to me. If you explore all the planets you'll see just how much detail Bioware put into this game. It's INCREDIBLE.

I'm also really stoked for Deus Ex BTW.

Edit: Damn just found this poll. Look how close it was. Mass Effect 2 52 percent, Uncharted 2 48 percent.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27174233

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 08-11-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #60
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
All types. I tend to play both systems. My brother bought a PS3 I bought the 360, but its the opposite he slobs over the 360 while I mostly play PS3.

I went from Xbox (gave to sister) to PS3 and I hate it. I bought the aftermarket controller shaped like a 360 controller and I haven't had any luck finding good games. Xbox definitely has way more games.. and way better games. Only good Sony exclusive I've played was Uncharted series.

Since you have both you should really get the first Mass Effect and import the decisions/save file to part 2. Then in part 2... have a save file for Paragon (good) and one for Renegade (badass). Then by the time part 3 comes around
next March you're good to go.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: