Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #151
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: NBA 2k12 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
More My Player info, simulating games confirmed:

http://www.destructoid.com/becoming-...e-210882.phtml

. Thanks man.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #152
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
OMG you're my hero. Please find it for me and I'll love you forever. That is the ideal improvement for My Player. Playing all 82+ playoffs is tedious as hell!

I usually sim games to make my stats more realistic (but they always make me get at least 5 fouls for some reason). What I do now is just play the first half then sim so I can still do the press conference to get my teammate chemistry up so I can hopefully call plays one day. I think you need like 80% chemistry to do it. But because some guys like Hakim Warrick and Taj Gibson are upset with their roles on the team our chemistry fluctuates between 0% and 4%

Players should enjoy playing on a winning team regardless of their role. We just won a ring last year and are in prime position to win another. They shouldn't be bitching.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #153
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
I usually sim games to make my stats more realistic (but they always make me get at least 5 fouls for some reason). What I do now is just play the first half then sim so I can still do the press conference to get my teammate chemistry up so I can hopefully call plays one day. I think you need like 80% chemistry to do it. But because some guys like Hakim Warrick and Taj Gibson are upset with their roles on the team our chemistry fluctuates between 0% and 4%

Players should enjoy playing on a winning team regardless of their role. We just won a ring last year and are in prime position to win another. They shouldn't be bitching.

Only thing I hate about the sim is how the simulated stats for My Player are TERRIBLE. Like I had an 85 overall rating and averaged 30 ppg, 9 apg but in simulated games I'd often finish with like 2 points and 3 assists with heavy minutes.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #154
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Only thing I hate about the sim is how the simulated stats for My Player are TERRIBLE. Like I had an 85 overall rating and averaged 30 ppg, 9 apg but in simulated games I'd often finish with like 2 points and 3 assists with heavy minutes.

Yeah I agree. Sometimes my stats would be good. Like one time I simmed I finished with like 30/6/4 in good minutes.

But usually, they make me get at least 5 fouls, only play like 20 minutes and have horrible stats. But when I sim, Derrick Rose and Deng play like monsters. Honestly that's another reason I sim, to get Derrick Rose's stats to a reasonable level.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #155
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
With Barkley he's been notorious when it came to video games though. Nick Van Exel is not. Same with Rick Fox. So Rick Fox too didnt agree to terms? I'm not saying money couldnt be the reason but if it was? Why did 2k go el cheapo? Thats not striving for complete teams, thats penny pinching and trying to milk the "legends theme" to sell your game even more than it did for 2k11. If you're going to go out and include legendary teams and benches (unlike 2k11) then you get the rosters correct or dont put the team at all.

Barkley is an exception because he is just a d!ck and has been on the video game tip for years. Nick Van Exel? Come on, he's been on MANY video games. Now all of a sudden he's not? Either there is more to the story or 2k tried to get them for peanuts. I cant blame or fault the players here. But I'd like to see the reasoning from 2k on this one. That Lakers team is useless now. Useless.

So much for the shadow boxing down the court after I hit the 3 ball.
I don't know the specifics of how all of that works. From the bit I've picked up, there are a fair amount of players all within a single NBA "retirement" association, where 2K was able to gather a lot of their rights (for pay per person) en masse. However, I've heard there's some players who are not affiliated with that group and must then be negotiated with individually.

From there, I could imagine negotiations getting caught on snags. It's all speculation from me at this point, but I'm guessing if 2K breaks the bank on Rick Fox, then it'll be expected they break the bank on Nick Van Exel too, and so on. Or, maybe they already did pay big for a lot of individual rights and merely hit their limit.

It truly does seem 2K is actively trying to gather as many players as possible though. They've even added two more players since the "Greatest" rosters were initially revealed two weeks ago (Charles Smith on the '95 Knicks and LaPhonso Ellis on the '94 Nuggets). This, along with the inclusion of so many other classic players (even deepening rosters included last year) shows me 2K is making a real deal effort.

Finally, it may not mean much, but the created version of Nick Van Exel last year was pretty freaking well done. After the Charles Barkley CAP, I'd say Nick's (or maybe Glen Rice's) were the next two most realistic. I'd assume people will quickly recreate all those players this year, and we'll then be able to download them and add them to their respective teams (except for Rice, who does not have a team represented, though I'm sure he'll find his way on a user-created Lakers '00 dynasty team). The fact that the classic teams are fully editable at least allows the users to fill in missing players. Unfortunately, as great as created NVE, Glen and CB look, the created Rick Fox may look equally as bad.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 09-08-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #156
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Was that portlandblazer who did a Barkley CAP? We need someone like him for PS3; our best Sir Charles replica was mediocre.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #157
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Was that portlandblazer who did a Barkley CAP? We need someone like him for PS3; our best Sir Charles replica was mediocre.
Yeah. A lot of the bald players turned out pretty realistic. Others as well. I don't know why PS3 users tend to have such a short supply of willing roster creators though. It's strange.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #158
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didnt know all of that, along with C.Smith/L.Ellis recently being added on (assumed they were already). What you say isnt far fetched. I'd really like an answer from 2k tho if the game drops and no Nick at night. I can do without Rick Fox honestly. I need to jack up a 3 but only after I break my man down nasty first.

Also wonder if the 2k servers are gonna be improved. From 2k10 to 2k11 they did. But still servers were an issue but not as much as it was for 2k10. Hopefully 2k12 its an improvement.

Sidenote: You can play the legendary teams online if you play Team Up games. I noticed on 2k11 they let you play with the legendary teams like Bulls vs Hawks, Bulls vs Lakers and so forth. It sucked tho because you went to the bench and it was no namers. I'm assuming 2k would do the same thing for Team up in 2k12. Especially with the lockout and if that isnt lifted by then.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #159
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
It sucked tho because you went to the bench and it was no namers. I'm assuming 2k would do the same thing for Team up in 2k12. Especially with the lockout and if that isnt lifted by then.
Yeah, I don't play online very much, but I did the other day and I realized why some folks are upset about such a prevalence of generic shoes on players. Before, I'd just say, "Meh, we can edit them ourselves, so what?" But I forgot online rosters cannot account for our own edits. Clearly, that also extends to the classic teams. We could edit them all we wanted for offline games and modes, but I could understand how much it'd suck to run into four "William Jones'" on your bench every time you used a classic team online.

Again, I guess the good news at least is that most of the classic teams this year run at least 9 deep, many go 10 deep, and some go 11 deep (and now it appears the '95 Knicks have 12). Regarding the shoring up of last year's teams, the classic Jazz squads from 2K11 I think only had 5 real players. In 2K12, there's now ten players on both the '97 and '98 Jazz.

If you're interested, here's a list of each player included on the rosters, if you haven't see already (Ellis and Smith were not yet added when this article was written): http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/19...s-for-nba-2k12
Old 09-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #160
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Yeah, I don't play online very much, but I did the other day and I realized why some folks are upset about such a prevalence of generic shoes on players. Before, I'd just say, "Meh, we can edit them ourselves, so what?" But I forgot online rosters cannot account for our own edits. Clearly, that also extends to the classic teams. We could edit them all we wanted for offline games and modes, but I could understand how much it'd suck to run into four "William Jones'" on your bench every time you used a classic team online.

Again, I guess the good news at least is that most of the classic teams this year run at least 9 deep, many go 10 deep, and some go 11 deep (and now it appears the '95 Knicks have 12). Regarding the shoring up of last year's teams, the classic Jazz squads from 2K11 I think only had 5 real players. In 2K12, there's now ten players on both the '97 and '98 Jazz.

If you're interested, here's a list of each player included on the rosters, if you haven't see already (Ellis and Smith were not yet added when this article was written): http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/19...s-for-nba-2k12

No Andrew Toney on Sixers????
Old 09-09-2011, 12:46 AM   #161
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
No Andrew Toney on Sixers????
Yeah I've got no idea what was going on with those '85 76ers. That's the one team that doesn't really make sense to me. It would have made perfect sense had Charles Barkley been in the game, as this was his rookie year and a Barkley/Erving duo would be popular among the masses. However, no Barkley, no Toney and only 7 real players (the lowest of any team)? I'm wondering why they wouldn't have just gone with the '83 squad.

The good news in this case, is the '77 76ers is an unlockable team and that one goes 10 deep. Tough to go wrong with an afro'd Dr. J, Darryl Dawkins, George McGinnis, and World B. Free. Not to mention Doug Collins, Henry Bibby, Jellybean Bryant, and Mike Dunleavy. Nearly the entire roster is recognizable.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:07 AM   #162
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Yeah I've got no idea what was going on with those '85 76ers. That's the one team that doesn't really make sense to me. It would have made perfect sense had Charles Barkley been in the game, as this was his rookie year and a Barkley/Erving duo would be popular among the masses. However, no Barkley, no Toney and only 7 real players (the lowest of any team)? I'm wondering why they wouldn't have just gone with the '83 squad.

The good news in this case, is the '77 76ers is an unlockable team and that one goes 10 deep. Tough to go wrong with an afro'd Dr. J, Darryl Dawkins, George McGinnis, and World B. Free. Not to mention Doug Collins, Henry Bibby, Jellybean Bryant, and Mike Dunleavy. Nearly the entire roster is recognizable.

All of that is terrific and all, but I wonder what 2K has done in regards to signature shot, dribble and dunk animations. Obviously the best-known players will have their own packages, but I wonder if 2K has gone to the trouble of giving lesser-known players their own animations, as well, or if they just gave them the package of another player or even a generic package.

2K did say that they did a pain-staking amount of research to have signature animations in the, game, but I wonder how deep they went, and how true to form the the animations will look, exactly.

These things matter to me. I'm a bit on the obsessive-compulsive side, and if too many of the players are shooting generic shots and guys on the 60's teams are dribbling between their legs and performing crossovers, than it will definitely detract from the experience, at least for me.
SuperPippen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #163
Clippersfan86
Banned

GOBB read this. Any My Player mode fans this is a must read. Today's blog about the My Player mode from 2K Developer.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k...50285386202267

LMAO Ronnie had attitude in the pre draft interviews and one of the scouting reports was "Is delusional about his own abilities". Man that's awesome. I'm going to make a cocky son of a bit** for the humor. It's why I play badasses in my RPG games like Mass Effect.... for the hilarious commentary.

Also love the authenticity of them having David Stern do the actual audio recordings for the game... as well as his assistant do the 2nd round. Ability to construct your own hall of fame speech? HOLY CRAP.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 09-09-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #164
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
GOBB read this. Any My Player mode fans this is a must read. Today's blog about the My Player mode from 2K Developer.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k...50285386202267

LMAO Ronnie had attitude in the pre draft interviews and one of the scouting reports was "Is delusional about his own abilities". Man that's awesome. I'm going to make a cocky son of a bit** for the humor. It's why I play badasses in my RPG games like Mass Effect.... for the hilarious commentary.

Also love the authenticity of them having David Stern do the actual audio recordings for the game... as well as his assistant do the 2nd round. Ability to construct your own hall of fame speech? HOLY CRAP.

Awesome...i am reading every last thing. I asked for more my player and I was given it. Thank you 2kbasedgod
Old 09-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #165
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Awesome...i am reading every last thing. I asked for more my player and I was given it. Thank you 2kbasedgod

The only game I've EVER been so excited about is the Mass Effect sequels. Like you... I'm big on My Player mode. They finally made it legit! This is going to be the best NBA video game of all time IMO. Like I told you before I'd buy this game even if it was just the player mode.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: