Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #16
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: NBA 2k12 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGoods7
True....I need to upload some of the videos I've saved of dumb shit in 2K11....
Oh yes, I've had my share of zany:

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=6568720

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=6568902
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I agree with the blocking. It doesnt seem like you can block shots when you challenge them. My guy has a 99 vertical. I maxed out (at the cap) his blocks at 76 I believe. So yeah I'm not Dwight Howard, but my attribute is that I'm not a failure at blocking. Yet I challenge guys whether in the paint or when closing out on a 3pt shot and dont get the block. Do I get blocks? Yes, but far too many instances where I get denied the right to a block. Another thing that annoys me and is tied in with blocking. Running out to close out on a 3pt shooter. I will leap up into the guy shooting and not only does the ball magically go thru my hand/or arm? He nails the shot 9 times out of 10. Almost like punishment for me. I dont want the game to be nothing but block fests. But make it reasonable and realistic. They did it with just randomly passing in 2k10 you can complete it. 2k11, you have to be mindful of passing or it will be tipped, stolen etc.

Definately make the AI smarter because while I like the fact you run plays in My Player? I hate that the same plays get milked for no good reason. I hate the fact that certain players like stars dont play like they do in real life. I too played for the Bulls and Rose plays like Eric Snow. I'd like to see the computer iso Rose and let him drive. Shot not there kick out. Something.

Pick n roll works for me tho. There is a little gauge that tells you whether you man will roll to the basket or pop out for a jumper.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #18
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i have no interest if the season isn't coming back. Basically you are buying a game to play with last season's rosters. The rookies won't be added.
Says who?

2K isn't owned or controlled by the NBA so they should be able to add rookies to the rosters. If anything, they'll put them in the game as FAs or in their own category and allow us to put them on teams.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #19
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
Says who?

2K isn't owned or controlled by the NBA so they should be able to add rookies to the rosters. If anything, they'll put them in the game as FAs or in their own category and allow us to put them on teams.
They have a license with the NBA, that's how they get their players. Last time there was a game during a lockout (NHL) the rosters were the rosters with FA removed and no rookies. I'd really really like to be wrong here but i don't think i am.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #20
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
They have a license with the NBA, that's how they get their players. Last time there was a game during a lockout (NHL) the rosters were the rosters with FA removed and no rookies. I'd really really like to be wrong here but i don't think i am.
Yeah, I think you're right. From what I understand, each league operates differently in regards to how rookies can be used and whatnot. For instance, in MLB games, a player cannot just be under contract with a major league team. He must have played at least one major league game.

In the NHL, similarly to MLB, draftees won't necessarily see time in the big leagues the following season, thus probably making their appearance in NHL video games more dependent on specifics, like whether they signed a big league contract or appeared in a game (though unlike MLB, I can't say I know that's how it works for sure).

The good news about the NBA, is that each draftee tends to appear in the very next season after they've been drafted. And while I bet they do need to be under an NBA contract (which may be why we see 2nd round players missing from 2K each season), I bet 2K can create all the rookies they need, then provide them through roster updates as they sign.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 08-06-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #21
Maniak
TJ Warren

Don't know if I'll be getting it on the ps3 or 360, cause I'm sure as hell not buying it twice.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #22
Shank
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
i have no interest if the season isn't coming back. Basically you are buying a game to play with last season's rosters. The rookies won't be added.

Why wouldn't the rookies be added?

The only problem I have is free agents will be with their same team and no more update rosters

This whole legend crap is a gimmick once again, online won't be fixed, myplayer wont be fixed and several other problems wont be fixed...

EA needs to come out with a great game to give 2k some competition so maybe they can get off their lazy asses and fix the damn game or maybe we would have to wait till next generation consoles to come out to truly experience a great basketball game
Shank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #23
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

Is the PC version for 2K12 really only 19.99 at Gamestop on release?
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #24
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

Yeah I noticed blocking the AI is impossible unless you have a high enough block and vertical rating, even if you time it right. Once you get around 80 on block though, it gets pretty easy depending on your timing. My player is a 6'9" PF and I'm averaging 3.6 blocks/game in 65 games, blocking stuff like this:

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=6575092

nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #25
ace23

The rookies will probably be hidden in the file structure. 360 and PC users should be able to unlock them.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
When I drive hard to the rim, smaller guys can stop big guys. For example, Lebron is driving full speed, suddenly JJ Barea stops him on his tracks.

They should look into that.

You're just trash. I've never encountered a problem using Bron. Even when I had his health bar at 2-3. Plenty of buttons to press when driving to the lane as well. Go practice, seems you hold turbo and button mash then get pwned. And now you want 2k to change the game for you?

*your teammate grade F*
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #27
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You're just trash. I've never encountered a problem using Bron. Even when I had his health bar at 2-3. Plenty of buttons to press when driving to the lane as well. Go practice, seems you hold turbo and button mash then get pwned. And now you want 2k to change the game for you?

*your teammate grade F*

damn bro... you came at him...
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #28
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Don't know if I'll be getting it on the ps3 or 360, cause I'm sure as hell not buying it twice.

If you like My Player / Crews, get PS3. Lots of hackers on XBOX for my player.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:21 AM   #29
ace23

Soundtrack released:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/2k-spo...36036363102515
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #30
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

*your teammate grade F*

Nah, he's right. Derek Fisher blocked Amare Stoudemire(me) in the middle of my dunk attempt. That was the last time I played this game.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: