Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #46
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: NBA 2k12 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Also nice to see an apparent re-implementation of the "push-dribble sprint" that would show up every now and again in 2K10, where the ball handler would really reach their stride in the open floor by kind of pushing the ball out ahead of them (like a lot of us do in real-life games).

It can be seen if you look closely around the 1:21 mark. I didn't even notice it until I read the comments because the camera kind of shook as it was happening.
Little-known fact:

That animation could be triggered in NBA 2K11.

Regarding the video, I didn't see anything jaw-dropping; I'm not as hyped for the game as I was last year. That probably has to do with the lockout and absence of developer insights so far more than anything.

Last edited by ace23 : 08-18-2011 at 09:40 AM.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #47
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Little-known fact:

That animation could be triggered in NBA 2K11.

Regarding the video, I didn't see anything jaw-dropping; I'm not as hyped for the game as I was last year. That probably has to do with the lockout and absence of developer insights so far more than anything.
Yeah I've heard the same thing over the past couple of days (regarding that animation being present in 2K11). I can't recall seeing it myself, but I don't deny its existence because there's some rarely occurring animations out there. It's just good to see it happen during such a short 2K12 clip. Hopefully it returns with some regularity this year. It was a smooth, natural looking way to move down the floor in a hurry.

And I'm hyped for 2K12 because I'm a huge fan of classic teams and all that stuff. So I kind of can't wait to hear more information on that mode tomorrow. In truth, if 2K12 were exactly the same as 2K11 only with more official classic teams and whatnot, I'd buy it and be very pleased. However, I know there will be many upgrades in many areas, so it's a win-win for me.

Also, I'm sure you know, but after the Greatest developer insight drops tomorrow, I think there's going to be upwards of 11 more insights to come before release. So that should be good.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #48
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah I need to preorder it soon but I don't know what console to get it for.

I mean I'd like to play with other people from ISH on the 360, but then I'd be paying for live for just one game, as i don't want to get mw3 on the 360.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #49
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That video showed me nothing special. Looks like 2k11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Yeah I need to preorder it soon but I don't know what console to get it for.

I mean I'd like to play with other people from ISH on the 360, but then I'd be paying for live for just one game, as i don't want to get mw3 on the 360.

I'd say go for PS3 then. If that would be the only game you would use xbox live for? I dont think its worth it. Plus there are ISH posters who play on ps3. 2 guys who posted up a storm in the My Player thread. Think they ran Crew games together as well. Mr Rad and AirTupac? Think those two. But yeah if you're getting MW3 on PS3 then you might as well get 2k12 on PS3.

$60 could go to a game instead of xbox live.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #50
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Legends revealed:

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory
Old 08-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #51
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cool

I want to see them add in more classic teams

I would love to play with the Nash/Dirk/Finley Mavs or the 3 peat Lakers

I wish they would add in a classic version of each superstar too

I would love to play with Frobe or prime T-Mac or Raptors VC or Blazers Sheed
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #52
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Cool

I want to see them add in more classic teams

I would love to play with the Nash/Dirk/Finley Mavs or the 3 peat Lakers

I wish they would add in a classic version of each superstar too

I would love to play with Frobe or prime T-Mac or Raptors VC or Blazers Sheed
According to an insider, Frobe will be present, but as a part of the '98 Lakers, so he's going to be a little raw. Still, a little attribute editing could go a long way in creating the Kobe you wish to see.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #53
ace23

Second Insight:

http://t.co/I9tzd8Z
Old 08-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #54
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wish they had the T-Mac raptors or T-Mac Magic. Actually wish he was one of the legends. Also wish Iverson was one of them too.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:30 AM   #55
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Second Insight:

http://t.co/I9tzd8Z

Thanks for the link, all great stuff!

I'm hoping for some My Player mode info soon.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #56
ace23

Don't know why AI didn't make it in the game. Really wanted to play with him and Reggie.

Looks like the Facebook voting was just a publicity stunt to kindle false hype:

http://mobile.twitter.com/statuses/102428655908687873/

I'm excited, nonetheless.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #57
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

OFCOURSE AI DIDNT MAKE THE GAME!
Where else are you gonna put him? Throw him in the free agency when he is under contract with that team in Turkey. Or are ya'll talkin about the 2001-2002 76ers?... well if hes not in the game, then it prolly has to do something with the contract.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #58
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
OFCOURSE AI DIDNT MAKE THE GAME!
Where else are you gonna put him? Throw him in the free agency when he is under contract with that team in Turkey. Or are ya'll talkin about the 2001-2002 76ers?... well if hes not in the game, then it prolly has to do something with the contract.
we talkin bout legends homie, (was gonna call u a dumbass but I been in a good mood and life's been good for me so i'm tryin to keep that pace goin so don't wanna do bad shi either) as in the 76ers MVP crossover king AI...
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #59
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

I'm not really pumped up by all this legends hype. Seems like they're doing the same shit as last year, but with different players.

I'd like to see them beef up my player mode. There's a great thing there but it needs something to make it stand out from the previous two years or I doubt I'll play it. Same could be said for franchise mode. And obviously, fix the ****ing online gameplay. It's gotten continually worse since release and at this point, pickup/team-up games won't even start for me. I've been buying 2k for 5/6 years and am getting tired of seeing the same issues year after year.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #60
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
I'm not really pumped up by all this legends hype. Seems like they're doing the same shit as last year, but with different players.

I'd like to see them beef up my player mode. There's a great thing there but it needs something to make it stand out from the previous two years or I doubt I'll play it. Same could be said for franchise mode. And obviously, fix the ****ing online gameplay. It's gotten continually worse since release and at this point, pickup/team-up games won't even start for me. I've been buying 2k for 5/6 years and am getting tired of seeing the same issues year after year.
Yeah.

I mean I'm going to buy it obviously, because theres no other basketball game right now. But those issues are glaring.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: