Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #1
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default how many does it take?

I think the "it takes 5" is innacurate. it takes 12. actually no, 8. bench is huge. lack of a bench is horrible for the Wizards. but once you get into 9.. it doesn't matter. you could have the worst 9-12 in the league and win a title easily, and you can have the best and win nothing. Grizzlies had pretty much the best 9-12 ever one year and got swept in the first round. yet teams like the Pistons last year had the 1-5 on lock but no bench and couldn't get a title.

so basically adidas is ****ting on 6th men everywhere.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A bit of copy and paste Wiz?

Anyways, I pretty much agree with you. Sure it's nice to have a couple of decent producers at 9-12, but if you have a solid 1-8, you're going to be ok. Then again, i made a thread talking about how the Clippers probably have the best 1-7 or 1-8 in the league a while ago, and now look at them. Meanwhile, the Cavs have barely anything off the bench, and they're doing pretty well. LeBron helps I suppose.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Anyways, I pretty much agree with you. Sure it's nice to have a couple of decent producers at 9-12, but if you have a solid 1-8, you're going to be ok. Then again, i made a thread talking about how the Clippers probably have the best 1-7 or 1-8 in the league a while ago, and now look at them.
that's a good point.

and also, the Dynasty Lakers only needed 2, 3 at most with Fisher. once they got 5 (Payton and Malone) they lost. hmm.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't undermine the importance of guys like Horry, Shaw, Fox, George (later years), and Grant though. All great role players who knew what they were supposed to do.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

only 5 players play at once.

It takes 5 [at a given time on the court meshing together and playing excellent team oriented basketball rather than about me ballhogging and chucking, but in actuality, all of the players on the active roster, all 12, hell all 15 players on the roster are important to the whole team. To quote Pat Riley, 15 Strong, but I can't say this because not only is it corny and didactic, but it also eats up millions of dollars of precious air time, remember it's not about me, it's about 5 guys. now buy my shoes]
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: