Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #16
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Should I play the Mass Effect Series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
You should youtube some clips from first game like towards end of ME1 where Shepard finds that computer AI. It's amazing. Working Prothean technology. You'll get your chance tokill Reapers in next game at least.

Yeah I'll check them out. And the only concern I have is how we are supposed to kill an entire army of reapers when one of them took everything the galaxy had and more. I'm interested to see how that works.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Yeah I'll check them out. And the only concern I have is how we are supposed to kill an entire army of reapers when one of them took everything the galaxy had and more. I'm interested to see how that works.

Remember if you've played right you now have Krogan, Rachni and others by your side. Plus now more education on Reapers exists so everyone will unite. All races.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #18
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Remember if you've played right you now have Krogan, Rachni and others by your side. Plus now more education on Reapers exists so everyone will unite. All races.

Good point
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:26 AM   #19
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

I just found this awesome video showing the star voice actors of Mass Effect series. Some pretty big and talented names. Check it out guys. Some of them like Tali... I never would of imagined a white girl with blue eyes etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NgJ0...eature=related
Old 08-05-2011, 01:52 AM   #20
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
I just found this awesome video showing the star voice actors of Mass Effect series. Some pretty big and talented names. Check it out guys. Some of them like Tali... I never would of imagined a white girl with blue eyes etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NgJ0...eature=related

I hate how they don't show a lot of the main characters like Shepard, Thane, or Garrus.

I really wanna know what Thane's voice actor looks like in real life. He was probably my second favorite character.

And I'd like to point out that Legion is ****ing awesome. My brobot.

Last edited by Heavincent : 08-05-2011 at 01:55 AM.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:53 AM   #21
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You should youtube some clips from first game like towards end of ME1 where Shepard finds that computer AI. It's amazing. Working Prothean technology. You'll get your chance tokill Reapers in next game at least.
Yeah I was in that room with the old Prothean technology forever asking questions. Pretty freaking sad when you find out in ME2 what REALLY happened to the remnants of their race.

That said, you DO get to kill a reaper in ME2, he's just a baby though lol. As awesome as ME2 was, I found the ending to be somewhat unsatisfactory. That thing you fight at the end looked pretty cool, but the story for building it that way seemed pretty sketchy to me (Sorry for talking in vague terms, don't wanna spoil anything for anyone).
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:24 AM   #22
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
And I'd like to point out that Legion is ****ing awesome. My brobot.
Yes! What's great was that when you first encounter him after being pretty much brainwashed against his kind in ME1, it's so tough not to be suspicious of his character. Eventually he became my favorite story arch in ME2. I loved the conversations with him. If you go deep enough into the dialogues once you've gained his trust, there comes a point where Shep asks him about Legion using his old armor. Legion says "there was a hole that needed to be patched". Shep "why not use just any old peice of metal?". Legion "...there was a hole". Love it!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:26 AM   #23
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

By the way, has anybody read the novels that were released in between the games? Pretty good reads.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #24
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

MASS EFFECT 2 is the best singleplayer game i ever played.......

you dont HAVE to play mass effect 1 first.... but i recommend it... makes the ME2 experience even better.....

i regret i didnt play ME1 first..... because when i finished ME2 and went back to try ME1 it made the experience worse...... simply because i thought ME2 had so ridicilously amazing graphics and somewhat better gameplay and so on that ME1 failed to impress me equally much........
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #25
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
MASS EFFECT 2 is the best singleplayer game i ever played.......

you dont HAVE to play mass effect 1 first.... but i recommend it... makes the ME2 experience even better.....

i regret i didnt play ME1 first..... because when i finished ME2 and went back to try ME1 it made the experience worse...... simply because i thought ME2 had so ridicilously amazing graphics and somewhat better gameplay and so on that ME1 failed to impress me equally much........

ME1's story is what's superior... but ME2 by far has better action, characters and more to do.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #26
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

Do yourself a favor and pass on the second game.

They really need to hire better writers over at Bioware.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #27
TSFP
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TSFP has an OK reputation so far

Pass on the second one? I don't think so. The game didn't win all those awards for nothing.
TSFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:24 AM   #28
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSFP
Pass on the second one? I don't think so. The game didn't win all those awards for nothing.

Guy is obviously trolling. Bioware is a gaming titan known for deep plot and he's saying they need better writers lol...
Old 08-11-2011, 02:09 AM   #29
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Guy is obviously trolling. Bioware is a gaming titan known for deep plot and he's saying they need better writers lol...

They did fuck up Dragon Age 2 though.

Last edited by Kungfro : 08-11-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:37 AM   #30
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
They did fuck up Dragon Age 2 though.
That's the worst game they've made and ratings still give it a 7.5 average. Bioware is the standard right now. They are what Pixar is for animation films. Pretty much undisputed at their craft. Too bad EA bought them.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: