Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #31
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chris Nolan / Zack Snyder "MAN OF STEEL"

not sure how i feel about it
we'll see...
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #32
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I never liked Superman, always thought he was one of the weakest characters of the top-tier comic book list. That said I loved the Reeves movies. They were great. But since then the best thing I've seen done with Superman in other media is the animated Crisis on Two Earths movie.

I'm not too confident in this breaking that streak. It's just hard to do.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #33
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if snyder go's full on negative and gore, like he did with watchmen. i can just about condone this. nolan tho, continues to sink in relevance
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #34
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

how many times can they reboot the same old ****ing comic book story? as long as people keep eating it up i guess
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #35
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
how many times can they reboot the same old ****ing comic book story? as long as people keep eating it up i guess
Technically there was never a reboot.

There was the original Superman with Reeves that had 3 sequels. Then there was that quasi- sequel (it follows up after Superman 2) with Routh many years late.

This is the first "reboot." And just like with the Spiderman and Batman reboots, they've changed the stories/villians. Superman faces Zod in this, in the original Superman faced Lex Luther (and then Zod in #2).

I'm very much looking forward to this, although they can't expect to make it dark because that does not work with Superman. It's like if you look up all that Tim Burton Superman stuff with Nic Cage. That movies was into production they had the story, the costumes, the cast, etc. Imagine if that got made. It's actually really cool to look at all that stuff that never became a movie, but it makes you think what that movie would've been like and if we would've ever thought of Superman the same way.

MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #36
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
Technically there was never a reboot.

There was the original Superman with Reeves that had 3 sequels. Then there was that quasi- sequel (it follows up after Superman 2) with Routh many years late.

This is the first "reboot." And just like with the Spiderman and Batman reboots, they've changed the stories/villians. Superman faces Zod in this, in the original Superman faced Lex Luther (and then Zod in #2).

I'm very much looking forward to this, although they can't expect to make it dark because that does not work with Superman. It's like if you look up all that Tim Burton Superman stuff with Nic Cage. That movies was into production they had the story, the costumes, the cast, etc. Imagine if that got made. It's actually really cool to look at all that stuff that never became a movie, but it makes you think what that movie would've been like and if we would've ever thought of Superman the same way.

holy $hi nic cage in that supes outfit, the hairline, the hair, wtf glad that didnt get made, the other costumes looks like mister freeze outfit.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #37
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You didn't like all star superman Timmy?
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #38
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpvOT6HJCmg

FU**ING EPIC. Marvel simply cannot fu** with the deep, sorrow filled plots of the DC universe and nobody can fu** with Nolan when it comes to making Superhero movies. This trailer debuted yesterday or day before and was only shown in DKR showings.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #39
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm still not excited about this movie. Don't think it can work really well.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #40
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

FU**ING EPIC. Marvel simply cannot fu** with the deep, sorrow filled plots of the DC universe and nobody can fu** with Nolan when it comes to making Superhero movies. This trailer debuted yesterday or day before and was only shown in DKR showings.

To be honest, the only thing DC has on Marvel is Batman. Marvel has much better superheroes and is a better company.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #41
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
To be honest, the only thing DC has on Marvel is Batman. Marvel has much better superheroes and is a better company.

Naw... the stories and plots of Superman are just as good as Batman IMO. Besides Superman and Batman are the two most popular superheroes of all time. I just don't see the same depth in origins and story when I look at Marvel... nor the same uniqueness.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 07-21-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #42
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Marvel's characters are more "realistic" than DC's because of their major character flaws.

It'll be interesting to see if Nolan/Snyder can pull of the dark Superman considering he's the perfect person. Not hating on the movie at all, I'm looking forward to this more than any other movie coming out... but I'm a little worried.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #43
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
I'm pretty sure Marvel's characters are more "realistic" than DC's because of their major character flaws.

It'll be interesting to see if Nolan/Snyder can pull of the dark Superman considering he's the perfect person. Not hating on the movie at all, I'm looking forward to this more than any other movie coming out... but I'm a little worried.

When Nolan is involved he's proven there is nothing to be worried about. May not be Batman good but it will be a great movie. I'm not even as big of a Superman fan as many others and I'm pumped as fu**, even more so now after this trailer. People don't realize Superman is the most popular superhero ever. Just because previous movies didn't do him justice doesn't mean he sucks. He has one of the most interesting and unique origins of any superhero/villain.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #44
Clippersfan86
Banned

Melo... generally speaking I agree Marvel makes their characters more "realistic" in the sense that they have more real world problems and are more related to the average Joe... but that doesn't make it any better IMO. Plus the fact that this dude is crab fishing in the trailer and hitchhiking proves that Nolan is going to break him down the way he did Batman Begins. He's going to show us his more human, humble beginnings side.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #45
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

Quote:
Melo... generally speaking I agree Marvel makes their characters more "realistic" in the sense that they have more real world problems and are more related to the average Joe... but that doesn't make it any better IMO. Plus the fact that this dude is crab fishing in the trailer and hitchhiking proves that Nolan is going to break him down the way he did Batman Begins. He's going to show us his more human, humble beginnings side.
I hope so. I get the feeling it's gonna be more like Superman struggling to fit in with humans (along with the whole Zod thing) which if done right would be a great, fresh turn.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: