Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #61
AlexanderRight
I hit open 5-footers

AlexanderRight has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Chris Nolan / Zack Snyder "MAN OF STEEL"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
According to critics/fans combined and the Academy Awards and other outlets nothing comes close to Dark Knight in the superhero genre so not sure how I'm overrating it. The fact that at worst Rises was only a little worse shows the dominance over the superhero genre even more. The fact that Dark Knight should have won best picture says it all. No other movie like Spider-Man, Iron-Man or Avengers will even be in that discussion.

AlexanderRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #62
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpvOT6HJCmg

FU**ING EPIC. Marvel simply cannot fu** with the deep, sorrow filled plots of the DC universe and nobody can fu** with Nolan when it comes to making Superhero movies. This trailer debuted yesterday or day before and was only shown in DKR showings.

Why did they use LOTR music in the trailer?
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #63
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

the trailer looks like Lord of the Rings in America mixed with Lou Ferrigno Incredible Hulk. Is that the music when Haldir dies in the trailer of a superman movie? WTF

Why is he hitchhiking around when he can fly?
WTF superman? He is the most boring character in comics, thats why superman movies suck.

Also, after they way he god owned like a bitch in Dark Knight Strikes Again, it's hard to like that guy.

Atleast this actor doesnt look like a bitch.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #64
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The trailer looks like this could be an interesting take on Superman. I'm interested in the movie now.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #65
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kevin Smith talks about Superman
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #66
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Awesome!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #67
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The trailer looks really good, am liking these dark superhero films from Nolan. Can't wait
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #68
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i dont know why everyone is anti snyder, the guy is a total loose canon you dont know what you are gonna get with him, thats what makes him interesting. he directed watchmen which is arguably the best comic book film of all imo. he has done some utter garbage but this effort looks distinctly low key and no doubt nolan has reigned him in. will be interesting to see how this turns out.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #69
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
i dont know why everyone is anti snyder, the guy is a total loose canon you dont know what you are gonna get with him, thats what makes him interesting. he directed watchmen which is arguably the best comic book film of all imo. he has done some utter garbage but this effort looks distinctly low key and no doubt nolan has reigned him in. will be interesting to see how this turns out.

I never got into Watchmen. Solid but far from the best IMO. I actually liked Kickass far more even as a straight superhero movie.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #70
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The director of batman?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #71
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
The director of batman?

Yup.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #72
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Growing up where comic books culture was almost non-existent and my only exposure to comics where via watching the animation series and a movie or two here and there the only comic series that intrigued me was Batman because pretty much all the villains were/are crazy mental mofos with sick appetites. Now years later as an adult I still find Batman (along with V) the only compelling comic series and one that does not feel extremely cheesy or that it has been written for kids. I just can't imagine myself as an adult still being a fan of the Incredible Hulk for instance or say that I'm a Superman fan with a straight face, it's just too juvenile for my taste. But maybe that's because comic books were never big where I grew up.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #73
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

I think Superman is being severely underrated here as a character. Everybody is making him out to be this perfect, boring character. That just isn't the case; there is a lot that goes into his character and his struggles to integrate into this world (Earth) while trying to figure out his history (where he comes from, who his family is, why was he sent here, was he for good or evil, etc etc). I am definitely looking forward to this movie. I don't have any expectations going into it (same with the Batman movies), so I will just see what comes out and make my judgement after I have seen it.

To argue the DC vs Marvel thing:

The Batman trilogy, IMO, is the best of any comic-book movies I have seen overall. No, I'm not saying they are the most entertaining or interesting (That is purely subjective). Just from a straight evaluation of the story, cast, feel, writing, directing, etc (Which can be evaluated fairly objectively). I can agree that Iron Man gives them a run for their money because the cast of those movies are pretty damn good too. They are just entirely different in feel and are designed to be more light (in feel). The Batman movies weigh you down (in a good way) with how deep and emotional they are. However, I completely disagree that the last Spider-Man trilogy is anywhere close to Batman, Iron Man, or even the new Spider-Man movie that recently came out. Avengers was real good and falls in line with the Iron Man type of feel and setting, which makes sense. I think the characters of DC just lend themselves to being the type of movies that reflect what I was talking about with Batman in comparison to Marvel. It doesn't make Marvel inferior; just means that it is different and will not get the critical praise that movies like this Batman trilogy gets. I love the Marvel movies and I get excited as Hell for them. Can't wait for Avengers II or Iron Man III.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #74
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know that I'll probably enjoy 'MAN OF STEEL', but it won't be the same without Tom Welling..
I'll just wait for the next Superman movie and will hope he gets the role next time.

Last edited by Faptastrophe : 07-23-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #75
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just watched the teaser trailer for the first time. I got goosebumps. I've never been a Superman fan, but I've always wanted them to release something that would do it justice. Hopefully this totally new reboot from Nolan (as producer) will do what he did for Batman, but with Superman. From the trailer music sounds like Zimmer is composing too, although I could be mistaken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpvOT6HJCmg

Last edited by Meticode : 07-23-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: