Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #1726
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Ok St. should get some votes in the AP.

They at least have an offense. You'd have to believe that a non-SEC type offense could have some sort of mild success against either defense.

And i cant believe Miles was so stubborn not to put in Lee. It's the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!

We saw a high-octane non-SEC type offense play both of these teams in Arkansas. They managed 14 against Alabama and 17 against LSU. I don't think Oklahoma State would fair much if any better.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #1727
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Hope the SEC enjoys this one because OREGON is ending the streak next year.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #1728
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Total Offense
Alabama: 384
LSU: 92

First Downs
Alabama: 21
LSU: 5

Alabama won the "statistical" battle in the first game but a bad special teams night did them in. Tonight they had a better special teams game and dominated LSU in ever single facet of the game. They are the best team in the nation this year, in my opinion.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #1729
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

For those who thought they should've put Lee in, did you see his numbers vs Alabama? 1td 7ints
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #1730
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
We saw a high-octane non-SEC type offense play both of these teams in Arkansas. They managed 14 against Alabama and 17 against LSU. I don't think Oklahoma State would fair much if any better.

It may not be a prototypical SEC offense but its a team that the players and most importantly, the coaches, see every year. They know the opposition as well as anyone could. Not to mention that Arkansas lost both those games on the road. This would have been a neutral site game if it was Ala/OSU. Against LSU obviously it woulda been harder cuz the game was in Louisiana but who knows. At least we would have seen a legit offense that knows how to pass.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #1731
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

as somebody who's team played Arky and OSU for the last 4 years I can say with confidence that OSU has a far better and much different offense than the Razorbacks.

this game was an absolute snooze fest.

I can't believe Miles never put in Lee when it was clear Jefferson wasn't going to do a damn thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
For those who thought they should've put Lee in, did you see his numbers vs Alabama? 1td 7ints

so what? at least he can get the ball downfield.

LSU was DOA trying to run option on Bama
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #1732
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
as somebody who's team played Arky and OSU for the last 4 years I can say with confidence that OSU has a far better and much different offense than the Razorbacks.

this game was an absolute snooze fest.

I can't believe Miles never put in Lee when it was clear Jefferson wasn't going to do a damn thing.

so what? at least he can get the ball downfield.

LSU was DOA trying to run option on Bama

It's different in a sense, yes, but I was simply stating Arkansas is a Big 12 type team (high octane offense lacking on defense) playing in the SEC. And that offense you claim to be worse than Oklahoma State's torched A&M for more passing yards and total yardage than OSU.

I'm not saying Arkansas' offense this year is better than Oklahoma State's, but it's comparable in talent and potency.

I think on a neutral site Arkansas would have done better in that September game. We played the entire season without one of the best running-backs in the nation in Knile Davis. He led all SEC running-backs in rushing yards last season and didn't become the full-time starter until 5 or 6 games in. We still had a very prolific offense. Go look at what we did to South Carolina, who had a top 10 defense nationally. And we dropped two passes that would've been TDs or it would've been even uglier. And still, Alabama and LSU, over four quarters, just wore us down and man-handled us. they were too big, too fast, and too strong on defense.

Last edited by KG215 : 01-10-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #1733
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
WVU put up 21 on LSU and Geno Smith threw for almost 500 yards against them. They outgained the Tigers by almost 200 yards in that game.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen how that Oklahoma State offense would have done against them. It couldn't have been any less interesting than the snooze fest I just witnessed.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 01-10-2012 at 12:52 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #1734
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
OU w/Broyles would have beaten either of these teams

You lost to Baylor and Texas Tech.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #1735
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
WVU put up 21 on LSU and Geno Smith threw for almost 500 yards against them. They outgained the Tigers by almost 200 yards in that game.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen how that Oklahoma State offense would have done against them. It couldn't have been any less interesting than the snooze fest I just witnessed.

I would too, and I think LSU's defense has a lot more holes than Alabama's. I think if you replayed the 1st game between these two, then Alabama probably beats LSU by a similar 21-0 score. They are better than LSU and, outside of the scoreboard, were better than LSU the first time they played.

I don't think even the best of the best offenses in the nation could fair much better than Arkansas did against Alabama's defense, but I would've like to to at least seen one given a chance.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #1736
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

that game ****ing sucked. can't wait for a +1.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #1737
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A few things:

1) I didn't really watch a bunch of the game, I saw like the 3nd quarter and highlights at half. I just hate how this game is on a Monday like this, like after New Years (usually... this year it was the day after) that's it for me cause it doesn't get better than that day. I just... I rarely care about this game as much, and am often busy on Mondays.

2) I hate how the teams have so long off before they play. What like 44 days? Damn! I just went back to work after winter break, and after like 20 days it felt weird. Granted they practiced and stuff but still it just feels odd not to have these teams play from the end of the season till now. (Playoffs would fix that a bit).

3) It seemed to me like Bama just was better prepared. I mean they had a few things go wrong on both sides that I saw, but the majority of the time I felt like Bama just called the perfect play, and executed the perfect way to beat LSU. Cause this was a beatin. Straight up.

4) How quickly do you think Gunner Kiel gets there at LSU? They clearly had a hole there at QB, and have been successful that way. But can you imagine a team like that all of a sudden getting fairly potent in the passing game?

5) How many votes do OSU, Bama, and LSU get? It will be interesting to see, and to see the fallout.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #1738
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is a Michigan/Wisconsin matchup (insert the non-SEC team, but specifically the Big Ten) we'd never hear the end of how shitty a game it was from ESPN.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #1739
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
4) How quickly do you think Gunner Kiel gets there at LSU? They clearly had a hole there at QB, and have been successful that way. But can you imagine a team like that all of a sudden getting fairly potent in the passing game?
I'm not about to pretend like I know anything about football scouting in general, let alone how a HS kid'll translate to high end NCAA, but A LOT of locals are pretty unimpressed with Kiel. And it's not because he bailed on Indiana, outside of Bloomington no one gives a shit about that.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #1740
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I would too, and I think LSU's defense has a lot more holes than Alabama's. I think if you replayed the 1st game between these two, then Alabama probably beats LSU by a similar 21-0 score. They are better than LSU and, outside of the scoreboard, were better than LSU the first time they played.

I don't think even the best of the best offenses in the nation could fair much better than Arkansas did against Alabama's defense, but I would've like to to at least seen one given a chance.
I hear ya. That Alabama defense was amazing. While the 'Honey Badger' got all of the hype coming in, I saw about five better NFL prospects on Alabama's front 7 alone.

I think Claiborne was able to mask a lot of holes on that LSU defense for much of the season. It is nice to have a cover guy out there who can basically take away a side of the field. That allowed Mathieu to roam around and do a lot of unorthodox things that threw a lot of offenses off. But, LSU was no great team.

I thought Geno Smith sort of exposed them and I was surprised at what little attention was given to him after that game. You can beat that LSU defense, but the key is to not shy away from throwing at Mathieu (he is not a great cover guy) and to avoid throwing at Claiborne. That is pretty much exactly what Alabama did tonight.

I was against this Alabama-LSU National Championship for a long time, but as I sat and watched it, the reason became crystal clear... Those two teams knew each other way too well. As a result, it felt more like a Week 7 conference game instead of a BCS Final.

Thankfully, I think there may actually be enough backlash following that snoozer to result in a +1 game, at the very least. That would be a step in the right direction.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: