Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-30-2011, 12:13 AM   #631
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2011 College Football Thread

I think Fleener dropped that two point conversion as well.....he didn't have complete control until he got on the bus back to the hotel......
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #632
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Way to choke, USC
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #633
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:18 AM   #634
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Way to choke, USC
Kind of had a feeling they weren't gonna score after that guys foot was out of bounds on his attempt to get a TD. lame way to end it.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:19 AM   #635
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Kind of had a feeling they weren't gonna score after that guys foot was out of bounds on his attempt to get a TD. lame way to end it.
Me too. I had a feeling they were gonna lose on the next play, don't know why. Great game.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:20 AM   #636
irondarts

Also, Wisconsin fnas must be suiciding tonight, two straight losses on a last second hail mary.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #637
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Hopefully, now we won't have to witness LSU and Bama playing each other other for the SEC title and then turning around and playing each other for the NC.....although I think ESPN will try to find a way to make that happen....
Old 10-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #638
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Got damn dude was layed out!

Yep, "great hit" by the USC DB....which gave Stanford a first down on the penalty...probably cost his team the game...but "damn he layed that dude out".....what an idiot........but I'm thankful for his stupidity tonight....
Old 10-30-2011, 12:45 AM   #639
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Hopefully, now we won't have to witness LSU and Bama playing each other other for the SEC title and then turning around and playing each other for the NC.....although I think ESPN will try to find a way to make that happen....

I think those are the most uninteresting teams in all of college football.. So boring, too much defense although I'd like to see Luck vs one of them

Give me Luck vs Boise

That would be a fun matchup..

I also don't understand the notion of Boise having such a easy schedule.. They had the 34 hardest schedule in the league and have harder schedules then Alabama and a few other BCS teams(saw the stat during the game)
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #640
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So, TTU beats OU, but then gets destroyed by ISU? Way to go.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #641
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I think those are the most uninteresting teams in all of college football.. So boring, too much defense although I'd like to see Luck vs one of them

Give me Luck vs Boise

I also don't understand the notion of Boise having such a easy schedule.. They had the 34 hardest schedule in the league and have harder schedules then Alabama and a few other BCS teams(saw the stat during the game)

That would be fun to watch indeed....but I would much rather see Stanford (or Boise) pitted against the SEC champion. If the NC game came down to Boise/Stanford there would be howls of dismay, and conjecture that it wasn't really a NC game because of the lack of melanin, "soft schedules" and all. The media would probably insist that an asterick be put beside the game stats (*the "real" NC was the winner of the Alabama/LSU game). The game would be called "boring" just like the heavyweight boxing division is now that the Klitsckos have dominated. Now if you have Stanford (or Boise) playing the SEC champion it would get great ratings. The SEC fans would spend weeks laughing at the thought of Stanford or Boise even showing up to play their unbeatable champion......"not as fast or athletic" would be a phrase thrown around constantly......along with "they play high school schedules"....all the while the SEC fans would be "whistling past the graveyard" knowing that it would be more than just a game, because if Stanford or Boise won the game it would mean more than a NC....it would mean that the whole SEC "plantation" world view would be shattered i.e. even though our student body is 95% white we will field a team that is 95% black because blacks are better. We saw a glimpse of this when Boise State came into the Georgia Dome and solidly beat the Dawgs this year (Boise 16 white starters; UGA 3)...a similar game on the NC level would be fantastic......
Old 10-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #642
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Yep, "great hit" by the USC DB....which gave Stanford a first down on the penalty...probably cost his team the game...but "damn he layed that dude out".....what an idiot........but I'm thankful for his stupidity tonight....

It was only a penalty because they are protecting the reciever. But thats an instance where the rule becomes fuzzy because you dont teach a DB how to tackle no better than that. They are taught to hit that way from Pop Warner, high school, college. And now because of this rule? They have to break what they've been taught. The reciever in that situation normally doesnt go down as low as he did. Watch the replay. I doubt you will because of your stupidity. You dont understand the game of football.

And yes that cost them the game.

Actually glad you think that cost them the game. Why? We would be sitting here sifting thru non stop crying by you on how the refs cheated Stanford with so many no calls. Glad it worked out.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #643
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

Give me Luck vs Boise

Just because they don't play a fun brand of football doesn't mean they aren't the two best teams in the country and deserving of playing for the national championship if everyone else loses.

And you can say Boise has a "tougher' schedule than either all you want but that doesn't mean it's true.

You mean to tell me running this schedule...

Alabama
vs. Kent State
@ Penn State
vs. North Texas
vs. Arkansas
@ Florida
vs. Vanderbilt
@ Ole Miss
vs. Tennessee
vs. LSU
@ Mississippi State
vs. Georgia Southern
at Auburn

LSU
vs. Oregon
vs. Northwestern State
@ Mississippi State
@ West Virginia
vs. Kentucky
vs. Florida
at Tennessee
vs. Auburn
@ Alabama
vs. Western Kentucky
@ Ole Miss
vs. Arkansas

Is easier than this schedule...

Boise State
@ Georgia
@ Toledo
vs. Tulsa
vs. Nevada
@ Fresno State
@ Colorado State
vs. Air Force
@ UNLV
vs. TCU
@ San Diego State
vs. Wyoming
vs. New Mexico

You can point out that Boise has as many or more bowl teams on their schedule than LSU/Alabama all you want, but not before you take into consideration how many of those teams you truly believe would be bowl teams in the SEC/Big 12/Big 10/Pac-12.

And yes, Alabama and LSU have teams like Western Kentucky, Georgia Southern, and Kent State on their non-conference schedule but that's to semi-balance out the rugged SEC slate. And both teams played non-conference road/neutral site games just as tough (or tougher in LSU's case) than Boise, with games at Penn State, at West Virginia, and against Oregon at a neutral site.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #644
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who cares. A one loss team shouldn't be able to be in the national title game if there is two undefeated teams. A rematch between the two would be a buzzkill to all the fans not in Alabama or Louisiana anyways. Fans are more interested in seeing Boise State play or Andrew Luck/Stanford play in the National Title Game than a retarded rematch.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #645
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Posted in the first half, I assume.
Halftime, yes .
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: