Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #796
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Why do SEC fans have so much resentment towards the Big 0? Even when I was staying down south for a while all I heard was "big ten ain't shit", this and that.

Probably because the Big 10 has proven, time and again, that they "ain't shit" against national competition.

Of course, it wasn't that long ago that the media told us every week that the Big 10 was the best conference in the country.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #797
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT

Oregon is a good win. I was referring more to their conference opponents in that particular post, but Oregon is a decent home win. Having seen Oregon, they can't defend any part of the field, but they are a potent offense. I'd probably say they were a little better than Arkansas on a neutral field.

Have you seen Oregon other than the LSU game?

Their defense isn't great, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #798
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Have you seen Oregon other than the LSU game?

Their defense isn't great, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

Yes, have seen them two other times. Watched them give up almost 500 yds total offense to Az St (a very good offensive team) in a game they'd have lost if not for three ASU personal fouls that resulted in 3drd down conversions/TD for the Ducks. Saw them against Arizona, a crappy team. Gave up between 450-500 vs them as well.

They've held down powerhouses like Cal, Missouri State and Colorado, but they're not even an average defense imo. Christ, they gave up 40 to LSU, who couldn't score in a women's prison waving a fistful of pardons.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #799
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
The rest of their competition...this year, which is all that matters...is very pedestrian. LSU and Bama may very well be the best two in the country, but beating t5he likes of the rerst of the SEC this year does nothing to prove that point. Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Miss St, So Carolina...one and all...are no better than dozens of other teams I've seen play. They're certainly not better than Boise; that's been established on the field.

So, when given the chance to play each other, what we saw were :

Two teams without a QB who could hit a wide open receiver. That's not defense.

Two defenses that were able to dominate teams that posed no threat in the passing game.

So, instead of rehashing the same thing (especially when the home team was the loser and proved it can't throw the ball or kick the ball), why not see if they have the same success vs a team that has an eveolved, modern offensive approach?

It's a belabored point, but if you guys are so good at spotting the best teams, you're wasting your time here. Go make a million in Vegas.

Take your first point and project it out over Boise's schedule. It goes both ways.

Sit there, and honestly, with all agenda aside, weighing all the facts, and tell me that you think Boise is as good as either of these teams.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #800
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Yes, have seen them two other times. Watched them give up almost 500 yds total offense to Az St (a very good offensive team) in a game they'd have lost if not for three ASU personal fouls that resulted in 3drd down conversions/TD for the Ducks. Saw them against Arizona, a crappy team. Gave up between 450-500 vs them as well.

They've held down powerhouses like Cal, Missouri State and Colorado, but they're not even an average defense imo. Christ, they gave up 40 to LSU, who couldn't score in a women's prison waving a fistful of pardons.

13th in scoring...
Old 11-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #801
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Take your first point and project it out over Boise's schedule. It goes both ways.

Sit there, and honestly, with all agenda aside, weighing all the facts, and tell me that you think Boise is as good as either of these teams.

Whether I or anyone else thinks they're as good isn't the point.

The point is, should they go undefeated and have spent all season ranked among the top teams, they've earned the shot to prove it and not have the result based on opinion.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #802
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
13th in scoring...

Somewhere behind Boise. And both have gotten to that point playing less than great teams, just like every team in the country.

If you're ok with the title being decided by stats and opinion, we're wasting our time.

I have this crazy notion that a chance to play for the title, as phony a title as it is, should be determined by wins and losses and results on the field.

You can say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...
Old 11-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #803
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Somewhere behind Boise. And both have gotten to that point playing less than great teams, just like every team in the country.

If you're ok with the title being decided by stats and opinion, we're wasting our time.

I have this crazy notion that a chance to play for the title, as phony a title as it is, should be determined by wins and losses and results on the field.

You can say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

Idc where they are in relation to Boise. I'm arguing against your notion that they're a terrible offense.

Quick question. If LSU, Houston, and Boise are the only remaining undefeated teams... who plays for the NC?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #804
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Idc where they are in relation to Boise. I'm arguing against your notion that they're a terrible offense.

Quick question. If LSU, Houston, and Boise are the only remaining undefeated teams... who plays for the NC?

Boise State vs. LSU...
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #805
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Boise State vs. LSU...

I'm fine with that, but what if Boise State and Houston end up being the only two undefeated teams?
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #806
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Boise State vs. LSU...

Ahh but for JMT that would require opinion and stats.

I'm trying to break down his logic.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #807
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I'm fine with that, but what if Boise State and Houston end up being the only two undefeated teams?

Houston won't be in the National Title game, they don't have the resume that Boise State does which is the reason that Boise State does deserve a chance, say this was Boise State's first undefeated season or they never won that Oklahoma game, maybe I'd say they don't deserve a chance, but they have a history of winning big games against BCS conference so they need a shot.

I hope Houston gets a shot to play in a BCS game though. Would be cool to see them play a Big Ten team like Michigan State or Penn State.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #808
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Houston won't be in the National Title game, they don't have the resume that Boise State does which is the reason that Boise State does deserve a chance, say this was Boise State's first undefeated season or they never won that Oklahoma game, maybe I'd say they don't deserve a chance, but they have a history of winning big games against BCS conference so they need a shot.

I hope Houston gets a shot to play in a BCS game though. Would be cool to see them play a Big Ten team like Michigan State or Penn State.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'd like a LSU vs. Boise State national championship game. I don't say this stuff about Boise State because I hate them and because I'm being an SEC homer. I just truly believe they would lose 2-4 games a year playing an SEC type schedule. Of course that's all speculation. I do believe LSU has an outstanding defense and I'd love to see what they could do against a Boise offense with a very accurate QB in Kellen Moore. I actually think West Virginia exposed LSU's pass defense a little, even though you would be hard pressed to find a more talented secondary than what LSU has (save Alabama).
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #809
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

My concern with Boise State is that they don't have a very good WR core really anymore without Titus Young and Austin Pettis. I would put up last years Boise State team against anyone even though they did lose to Nevda (who was only an OT loss @ Hawaii to making a BCS game too) that had a 2nd Round NFL QB as their starter.

This years Boise State team isn't near as good as the past two, but I still say give them the chance.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #810
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

LSU and Boise. As much as I abhor the polls, they're the Bible in this system. Houston's highest rank to this point is, I'm assuming, wherever they end up tonight. Boise has been a top ranked team all year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: