Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #811
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Idc where they are in relation to Boise. I'm arguing against your notion that they're a terrible offense.

See, that's what opinion and stats do: result in arguments to which there is no resolution.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #812
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
LSU and Boise. As much as I abhor the polls, they're the Bible in this system. Houston's highest rank to this point is, I'm assuming, wherever they end up tonight. Boise has been a top ranked team all year.

Houston does still have a slight hope of a BCS game because Clemson and VT will probably face each other in the ACC Championship Game so that will probably be one loss that can help them along with the fact Clemson still plays South Carolina, and VT plays Georgia Tech. Along with the fact Arkansas plays LSU...
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #813
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
See, that's what opinion and stats do: result in arguments to which there is no resolution.

No there is resolution.

You say: "They're a terrible defense."

I say: "They're 13th in scoring."

Resolved. The stats show that in fact they have been scoring, and scoring well. That's what statistics are for.

Boise is 5th in the AP, and Coaches behind Bama. They will prob be further behind in the computers. Unless Bama loses again it seems unlikely that they'll catch them. We'll see later on tonight but... unless they shoot up the Harris poll it seems unlikely.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #814
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
No there is resolution.

You say: "They're a terrible defense."

I say: "They're 13th in scoring."

Resolved. The stats show that in fact they have been scoring, and scoring well. That's what statistics are for.

Boise is 5th in the AP, and Coaches behind Bama. They will prob be further behind in the computers. Unless Bama loses again it seems unlikely that they'll catch them. We'll see later on tonight but... unless they shoot up the Harris poll it seems unlikely.

And therein lies the flaw of a system that is 2/3 human opinion, voted on by people that have a financial stake in the outcome.

I've said over and over: I know Boise won't get in. It wouldn't matter if they were ahead of Alabama. They'd find a way to fix it. It's what the BCSPN does. There's no financial incentive for the people rigging the contest. In fact, a Boise win would significantly slow down their gravy train.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #815
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Stanford fans can feel Boise State's pain now. ****ing Alabama ahead of Stanford in the standings when they lost AT HOME, with that abysmal offensive performance, and still 3rd in the standings.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #816
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Some screwy things happened for sure. Boise stayed put, Alabama only drops down to #3, Arkansas moves down a spot after beating another top 10 team. None of that makes a lot of sense.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #817
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lol that's honestly pathetic that Bama only moved down to #3.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #818
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT

Lay off the potatoes bro.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #819
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I don't say this stuff about Boise State because I hate them and because I'm being an SEC homer. I just truly believe they would lose 2-4 games a year playing an SEC type schedule.

if they were in the SEC West with Florida of old as their permanent rival that might be true although that is a silly knock considering all but one SEC team usually has at least two losses by the end of the year anyway.

Now if they were in the SEC East with Ole Miss or Miss St as a permanent rival? Yea, they probably could be undefeated going into the SEC title game several times these last few years.

The SEC East has really fallen off with Florida coming down to earth and Tennessee yet to recover to their past glory. With USCe and Georgia as the best two SEC East teams I would think Boise would have a great shot to win the division.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #820
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
if they were in the SEC West with Florida of old as their permanent rival that might be true although that is a silly knock considering all but one SEC team usually has at least two losses by the end of the year anyway.

Now if they were in the SEC East with Ole Miss or Miss St as a permanent rival? Yea, they probably could be undefeated going into the SEC title game several times these last few years.

The SEC East has really fallen off with Florida coming down to earth and Tennessee yet to recover to their past glory. With USCe and Georgia as the best two SEC East teams I would think Boise would have a great shot to win the division.

But my point is, people see Boise going undefeated every year or every other year, and then say they get shafted when they don't get to play for the national championship. That's fair (to an extent in my opinion) but I say something like that to try and accentuate the argument that they go undefeated year after year due to their schedule. There's probably 15-20 teams in the nation this year that could and would go undefeated this year with Boise's schedule and that's the case most years. Give Boise credit for winning all of their games, but I get annoyed when people act like they accomplished something great by doing so.

I honestly think if they were in the SEC they would come way back to earth and be nothing more than an Arkansas or South Carolina, or maybe not even that consistently good. Meaning, I could see them getting into a bigger conference and eventually turn into a 7-5 or 8-4 type team most years. Basically, meaning they'd be something like Arkansas; be basically 7-9 win type team and, every three or four years, with 10+ games. Seriously, how would they handle a four week stretch like @Florida, vs. Tennessee, @Arkansas, vs. LSU, @Alabama, vs. Kentucky? Then throw in non-conference cupcake X and finish off the season with vs. South Carolina, @Georgia and vs. Vanderbilt.

I pick-up a sports talk show out of Oklahoma City and they were actually having this discussion about TCU since they're coming to the Big 12. Obviously the Big 12 won't be as strong losing Texas A&M and Missouri, but the hosts (and the writer or whatever had on as a guest for that segment) agreed they think TCU will eventually become a 8-4 type team with the occasional 9-11 win season. I think they were basically saying the'd go back to being what they were when they were in the old Southwest Conference.

Now, that's all speculation and we could go back and forth on whether that's a valid argument or not. This is getting off-topic, but yes, the SEC has fallen off quite a bit due to Florida and UGA slipping into mediocrity the last few years, but you can't honestly think it'll stay that way. Georgia and especially Florida have too good of recruiting bases and tradition to remain where they're at right now for an extended amount of time.

Last edited by KG215 : 11-07-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #821
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Stanford fans can feel Boise State's pain now. ****ing Alabama ahead of Stanford in the standings when they lost AT HOME, with that abysmal offensive performance, and still 3rd in the standings.

But, But, But.....say it with me "Alabama plays in the best conference in the universe...nobody could play their grueling SEC schedule and go undefeated"......
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #822
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
But, But, But.....say it with me "Alabama plays in the best conference in the universe...nobody could play their grueling SEC schedule and go undefeated"......

Instead of posting the same two or three generic posts, why don't you actually tell us who you think the best 3-5 teams in the nation are, and why.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #823
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Instead of posting the same two or three generic posts, why don't you actually tell us who you think the best 3-5 teams in the nation are, and why.

Troll is trolling trollvicerously, he has no relevant information regarding... well anything that I've seen so far.

Bama is 3 but with a win over Oregon Standford will move up. I am as shocked as anyone that Bama stayed ahead of Standford.

But if Standford wins out and OK. State loses they're in. If both Standford and OK. State win out I think the edge goes to Ok. State.

So don't panic Standford fans, this is a really weird result that shouldn't stand up for more than a week.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #824
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Reports are saying Ole Miss has fired Houston Nutt.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #825
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88

It's just the beginning. They'll make sure it works out the way they want it to.

Last season, Boise lost on the road to a team that ended up in the Top 20 and dropped 6 spots. From BCSPN game to Toilet Bowl.

The only hope for the entire system is for everyone ahead of them to lose, at which point you may see the voters develop a conscience borne of the fear of public humiliation.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: