Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #1006
northwinds
Banned

Default Re: 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
northwinds, you've been noticeably quiet since Stanford got rolled last night by a faster more athletic Oregon team.

Sundays and Mondays I kinda devote to NFL football.....pointing out the discrimination one level at a time, brotha...... Yep, funny how one loss Stanford and Boise drop to eight and nine....but one loss Alabama and Arkasas keep creepin' up the B(SEC)CS chart....its gonna be really funny when LSU loses to either Arkansas or Georgia (or both is a real possibilty). The B(SEC)CS will jump for joy.....anoint Alabama and LSU as the "more athletic" (i.e. more black) one loss teams and we get a repeat of that horrendous game we all slept through the other night......
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #1007
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Sundays and Mondays I kinda devote to NFL football.....pointing out the discrimination one level at a time, brotha...... Yep, funny how one loss Stanford and Boise drop to eight and nine....but one loss Alabama and Arkasas keep creepin' up the B(SEC)CS chart....its gonna be really funny when LSU loses to either Arkansas or Georgia (or both is a real possibilty). The B(SEC)CS will jump for joy.....anoint Alabama and LSU as the "more athletic" (i.e. more black) one loss teams and we get a repeat of that horrendous game we all slept through the other night......

So many holes in your argument, as usual.

One loss Arkansas lost in the fourth week of the season at Alabama. Since then they've won six straight including three wins over top 25 teams. One loss Alabama lost by three in OT to #1 LSU.

On the other hand, Boise lost at home to unranked TCU. Couple that with their crap schedule and it's actually a sign of respect that they dropped from #5 to just #10. Stanford just got blown out at home in humiliating fashion (it was obvious Oregon was on a completely different level than Stanford athletically and speed wise) and dropped five spots because no one else behind them lost other than Boise, who is one spot behind Stanford.

Are you really that blinded by your stupid agenda to actually see the obvious right in front of your face? I mean being upset that Boise and Stanford both dropped while Arkansas and Alabama are ranked above them, despite what happened this past weekend....really?!?!

Last edited by KG215 : 11-14-2011 at 10:15 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #1008
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
if the Sooners beat OK State they have a decent shot at the National Championship because voters won't want to see a LSU/Alabama rematch

You lost to friggin Texas Tech dude.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #1009
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status

KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #1010
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status

At home, and it wasn't even really as close as the final score indicated.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #1011
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
if the Sooners beat OK State they have a decent shot at the National Championship because voters won't want to see a LSU/Alabama rematch

no way

OU should be at the back of the one loss line.

they got worked by a terrible Texas Tech team at home.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #1012
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

So Houston Nutt got fired so Ole Miss is looking for a coach. Somehow someway some emails have gotten through to Peyton saying if his neck doesn't heal and he has to retire they want him to coach.

"Tell them I'm 0-10 as an assistant."
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #1013
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

How fun would an 8-team playoff be consisting of the top 8 BCS-ranked teams?:

1. LSU vs 8. Virginia Tech
2. Okla State vs 7. Clemson
3. Alabama vs 6. Arkansas
4. Oregon vs 5. Oklahoma
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #1014
KG215

I personally would love an Alabama rematch for a few reasons. I know we got beat 38-14 by them at Bama earlier in the year but I think later in the season we'd play them much closer, and I don't think they were even 24 points better than us in September.

For starters, we went into the game without our best defensive player, defensive end Jake Bequette. Our other starting defensive end Tank Wright broke his wrist on the fourth play of the game, and one of our starting CB's went out with an injury in the 1st quarter as well. On top of that our only running-back at the time was Ronnie Wingo, who kinda sucks as a runner. Dennis Johnson still out with injury, and we didn't have Broderick Green either, who I also think sucks.

Also, 21 of Alabama's 38 points were kind of flukish. On Alabama's 1st possession they had something like a 4th and 4 or 5 from around our 45. They lined up to punt but it was in a weird formation and you could tell a fake was coming. Why we didn't call a timeout is beyond me. Everyone I was watching the game with was yelling for an timeout and our message board blew up with fans saying a timeout was the obvious call in that situation. We didn't call one, though, and they hit a wide-open receiver for a TD to go up 7-0. Later in the game Tyler Wilson made a bad pass, threw behind his man right to an Alabama defender, who just threw his hands out, tipped the ball up in the air, settled under it and returned it about 30 yards for a TD. Also, Marquis Maze returned a punt for a TD where he literally ran across and all-over the field and we looked like we were half-assing it.

People say the SEC is full of bad offensive teams, but people seem to forget how explosive our offense is. We dropped two passes against South Carolina (one in the endzone and our guy was wide-open and the other Ronnie Wingo dropped about 20 yards from the endzone wide-open without a defender near him) and still scored 44. Catch those two passes and we hang 58 on a stout South Carolina defense. We also just hung 49 on Tennessee last week and played the back-ups most of the fourth quarter. Alabama, on the other hand, punished Tyler Wilson and our receivers all game long and, more or less, shut-down the offense. In our defense, though, we were starting a really young and inexperienced offensive line playing in their first road game, at Alabama of all places, and they've really improved since then. We still scored 14 points (more than anyone else has scored on them this year) and managed 226 yards of offense despite just 17 rushing yards with only one running back, who is probably only our third best back.

I guess, to sum up, I think we would be a lot more competitive with Alabama at this stage in the season than we were in September. Granted, I still think they're better than us.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #1015
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
So many holes in your argument, as usual.

One loss Arkansas lost in the fourth week of the season at Alabama. Since then they've won six straight including three wins over top 25 teams. One loss Alabama lost by three in OT to #1 LSU.

On the other hand, Boise lost at home to unranked TCU. Couple that with their crap schedule and it's actually a sign of respect that they dropped from #5 to just #10. Stanford just got blown out at home in humiliating fashion (it was obvious Oregon was on a completely different level than Stanford athletically and speed wise) and dropped five spots because no one else behind them lost other than Boise, who is one spot behind Stanford.

Are you really that blinded by your stupid agenda to actually see the obvious right in front of your face? I mean being upset that Boise and Stanford both dropped while Arkansas and Alabama are ranked above them, despite what happened this past weekend....really?!?!

Brilliant analysis as usual.....but you left out the part about how Oklahoma is four spots ahead of Stanford when Oklahoma lost to an unranked Texas Tech team....and Stanford dropped like five spots past Oklahoma after losing to the number eight (now number four) team in the nation..... I can tell you why....but you wouldn't believe me.........
Old 11-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #1016
KG215

Quote:
Brilliant analysis as usual.....but you left out the part about how Oklahoma is four spots ahead of Stanford when Oklahoma lost to an unranked Texas Tech team....and Stanford dropped like five spots past Oklahoma after losing to the number eight (now number four) team in the nation..... I can tell you why....but you wouldn't believe me.........

And I've repeatedly said Oklahoma should be at the back of the one-loss team line. That still includes Stanford and probably even Boise. OU's home loss to Texas Tech is inexcusable and they should be receiving much more punishment in the polls than they are.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #1017
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
And I've repeatedly said Oklahoma should be at the back of the one-loss team line. That still includes Stanford and probably even Boise. OU's home loss to Texas Tech is inexcusable and they should be receiving much more punishment in the polls than they are.

Nice.....in owning up to my world view.....but you didn't come to a conclusion as to "why" this is the case.....what makes Boise and Stanford "so special" that, as one loss teams, they would drop so far below the other one loss teams....particularly with respect to Stanford/Oklahoma.....I know the answer and you are avoiding the answer.......but thanks for playing...... P.S.--The answer lies in the same reason that Toby Gerhart, the leading rusher in the NCAA two years ago, can't get a carry in the NFL......its so obvious....its right there....just go out and grab it........
Old 11-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #1018
KG215

Quote:
Nice.....in owning up to my world view.....but you didn't come to a conclusion as to "why" this is the case.....what makes Boise and Stanford "so special" that, as one loss teams, they would drop so far below the other one loss teams....particularly with respect to Stanford/Oklahoma.....I know the answer and you are avoiding the answer.......but thanks for playing...... P.S.--The answer lies in the same reason that Toby Gerhart, the leading rusher in the NCAA two years ago, can't get a carry in the NFL......its so obvious....its right there....just go out and grab it........

Look at all the one-loss teams ahead of them, save Clemson (who I also think should be behind Stanford) and tell me who has a worse loss than Stanford?

Oregon lost on a neutral field to #1 LSU in week one.

Arkansas lost at #3 Alabama in week four.

Alabama lost last week by three in OT at home to #1 LSU.

Stanford lost pretty badly at home to #4 Oregon this week.

Virginia Tech lost in week five to Clemson.

It's not just about who you lose to, either, but when you lose. In the case of Arkansas and Oregon, they lost early in the season.

My top 10 would look like this...

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma State
3. Alabama
4. Oregon
5. Arkansas
6. Stanford
7. Clemson
8. Virginia Tech
9. Oklahoma
10. Boise State

I think Alabama and Oregon are interchangeable at 3/4 and Oklahoma and Boise State are interchangeable at 9/10.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #1019
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Look at all the one-loss teams ahead of them, save Clemson (who I also think should be behind Stanford) and tell me who has a worse loss than Stanford?

Oregon lost on a neutral field to #1 LSU in week one.

Arkansas lost at #3 Alabama in week four.

Alabama lost last week by three in OT at home to #1 LSU.

Stanford lost pretty badly at home to #4 Oregon this week.

Virginia Tech lost in week five to Clemson.

It's not just about who you lose to, either, but when you lose. In the case of Arkansas and Oregon, they lost early in the season.

My top 10 would look like this...

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma State
3. Alabama
4. Oregon
5. Arkansas
6. Stanford
7. Clemson
8. Virginia Tech
9. Oklahoma
10. Boise State

I think Alabama and Oregon are interchangeable at 3/4 and Oklahoma and Boise State are interchangeable at 9/10.

So if LSU loses to Georgia (a team that Boise dominated) in a couple of weeks will they drop below Stanford and Boise.......won't happen.......and you know it....so much for your "when you lose" theory.........
Old 11-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #1020
KG215

Quote:
So if LSU loses to Georgia (a team that Boise dominated) in a couple of weeks will they drop below Stanford and Boise.......won't happen.......and you know it....so much for your "when you lose" theory.........

I don't think Georgia will beat them, but it wouldn't be totally shocking since Georgia is a completely different team now. They are playing great football. You also have to take into account the overall resume LSU has built. It's much better than Stanford's and Boise's, I don't care if the computers say Boise's SOS is on par with or better than LSU's. How many wins over current top 5 teams does Stanford and Boise have? And how many wins over current top 5 teams does LSU have?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: