Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #1201
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2011 College Football Thread

Good job Coach P.....Tyler Wilson gets you to the red zone and you pull him for some guy who has thrown 2 passes in the past six weeks....result fumble and six yard loss....brilliant....
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #1202
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wilson also took a shot the play before that and might have been a little shook.

It doesn't matter. LSU is just flat out better than us. We're not physical enough and don't have an SEC defense. On top of that we've shot ourselves in the foot time and time again with turnovers or penalties to kill one of our drives or keep their drives alive.

31-17 LSU. Ballgame. This is clearly the best or second best team in the country. I know most of you would hate it, but I'd love and Alabama-LSU rematch for the national championship. Alabama is the only team that's really challenged LSU this year.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #1203
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Wilson also took a shot the play before that and might have been a little shook.

It doesn't matter. LSU is just flat out better than us. We're not physical enough and don't have an SEC defense. On top of that we've shot ourselves in the foot time and time again with turnovers or penalties to kill one of our drives or keep their drives alive.

31-17 LSU. Ballgame. This is clearly the best or second best team in the country. I know most of you would hate it, but I'd love and Alabama-LSU rematch for the national championship. Alabama is the only team that's really challenged LSU this year.

If it is, be sure to tell me how it turns out.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #1204
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just like in the Alabama game. We get hit in the mouth and don't respond. Then more adversity sets in and we just give up and let ourselves get embarrassed.

I love Petrino and where he's taken our team but we're still a VERY long way from being in Alabama's and LSU's neighborhood. Thing is, we're still probably a top 8 team but there might just be this big of a gap between LSU-Alabama and everyone else. You have to play a near perfect game to beat either team.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #1205
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Go Dawgs!.....and War Eagle!
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #1206
KG215

I'd be even more upset if it wasn't painfully obvious LSU and Alabama are both better than us. And like I said, we're a legit top 5-8 team this year, if that tells you anything. One, LSU and Alabama both are probably just that much better than everyone else and two, college football is down this year. I think we all knew the latter.

Can't complain about the season, though. We lost Mallett and then Knile Davis got hurt in the offseason and missed the entire year. We also started two freshmen on the offensive line and a third first year starter who was a JUCO transfer. We also rotated a couple of freshmen in the secondary and on the defensive line. I expected a stepback from last year, not another 10 win season. I thought Arkansas was a 7-9 win team. I had the Alabama, LSU, and Texas A&M games pegged as sure losses, and South Carolina and Mississippi State as toss-ups.

Gonna be hard to shake getting our asses handed to us by LSU and Alabama this year but, all-in-all, it was a very successful season.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #1207
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here's your chance! Apply for North Carolina's head coaching job

All you need's a bachelor's and strong communication skills. Two years D1 coaching preferred, but not a dealbreaker.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #1208
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I actually watch the entire Pitt/WVU game last night. I called it in the third quarter that we wouldn't score another point and would blow the lead near the end. Tino Sunseri is such a god awful QB.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #1209
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Refs are trying to screw Michigan. What a bullshit penalty!!!!
DMV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #1210
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Damn, Braxton Miller is missing everything. I feel bad for OSU fans.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #1211
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seriously, why was Miller throwing everything at about 90 mph?
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #1212
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Terrible clock management at the end there...
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #1213
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Damn, Braxton Miller is missing everything. I feel bad for OSU fans.

I've seen just a very small amount of Ohio State and Braxton Miller this year. However, by perusing box scores and from what I've seen, it's safe to say Miller is a terrible thrower right now. He's definitely in the Denard Robinson/Taylor Martinez mold, in that he's dangerous with his legs but very inaccurate with his arm.

And it took Ohio State being somewhere between really average to below average, but Michigan finally beat them again. Congrats. I hate Ohio State but have no problem with Michigan and I like Brady Hoke. I hope he can be successful there.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #1214
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not going to lie, when I heard Michigan hired Brady Hoke, my first thought was, "Who is this guy, Michigan got super desperate huh".

He's the perfect fit for Michigan, a guy who brings back the defensive mentality and a more gritty Big 10, Michigan style of football. I'm hoping we get Gunner Kiel (the top rated pro style QB in HS) and we can run a traditional football style again.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #1215
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I actually watch the entire Pitt/WVU game last night.

My condolences. Thoughts and prayers.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: