Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-24-2006, 12:12 AM   #1
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default I can't spin a basketball on my finger.

am I the only one who can't do this? I've been trying to do it off and on since 6th grade. and I still can't do it.

I feel like such an inferior human being. I knew people who haven't played basketball in their lives, they come to my house, pick up the basketball, and spin it on their finger. I swear to you. they bat it around for a bit to make it spin faster. and I'm just like WTF why not me?

I'm a pretty good basketball player.. I handle the ball pretty well. anyone else not able to do this?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:18 AM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

It's ok, I never was able to make sky hooks from halfcourt like Meadowlark.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:20 AM   #3
KIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
am I the only one who can't do this? I've been trying to do it off and on since 6th grade. and I still can't do it.

I feel like such an inferior human being. I knew people who haven't played basketball in their lives, they come to my house, pick up the basketball, and spin it on their finger. I swear to you. they bat it around for a bit to make it spin faster. and I'm just like WTF why not me?

I'm a pretty good basketball player.. I handle the ball pretty well. anyone else not able to do this?

dude you aint the only one i cant as well
Old 12-24-2006, 12:32 AM   #4
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

I never practiced it, but I do it occasionally. I can get it to last about 30 seconds off one spin, can't bat it usually or I knock it off and I can switch fingers while it's spinning. I just palm the ball and spin it clockwise as I let it roll up to my fingertips
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:37 AM   #5
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

lmao, me neither
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:54 AM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hmmm, people actually post here. Interesting.

Anyways, I can't either.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:53 AM   #7
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I can't do it either, and even in grade school people could do it and I couldn't but I'm a better player than them. It's frustrating, I try to do it and the ball falls off.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #8
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i cant do it because ive never practiced it im more into actually playing ball than doing some useless trick.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:38 AM   #9
mamasb0i99
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mamasb0i99 has an OK reputation so far

lmao i've been practicing doing the spin trick for 3 years and i still can't do it. i'm a good baller though, i just can't do that one little trick!
mamasb0i99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:26 PM   #10
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

littlespyda has an OK reputation so far

i can spin it.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #11
KillaCrossover11
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KillaCrossover11 has an OK reputation so far

I can't Spin it. I can make a hook from halfcourt. =)
KillaCrossover11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:19 PM   #12
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat cool

i can do it but not for long
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: