Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #151
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Fan Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
We play the Pats this year....our LB's vs. their TE's

Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #152
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Quote:

Should be fun to watch....I have Gronkowski on my FF team and he's putting up some numbers. I don't know who is going to stop Brady and the boys this year.
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #153
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I had Gronkowski then dropped him before week 1. Fail.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #154
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

TAC602 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Eh, don't feel too bad.

Last year Brady annihilated the Steelers and they had/have the best LB corps in the NFL, by an incredibly wide margin IMO. It doesn't get any better than Harrison/Timmons/Farrior/Woodley as an overall unit. They were weak at CB and still are save for Ike Taylor, but Brady did so much work on them inside the numbers, all over their front seven + Polamalu. I vivdly remember NBC making it a point to show all the times he was guessing wrong. It actually became a little irritating.

If Mike Vick can stay upright, the Eagles always have a chance. That's turning into a big if. I'd suggest Reid and Castillo watch how the Jets executed their schemes in the playoffs. Those big bad TEs and their short passing game got owned.

Sorry, but the Patriots have a lot to prove. They can score 800+ points for all I care. Bottom line is, they've come up unbelievably short offensively and been utterly foiled by the last three defenses they've seen in the playoffs.

For nearly the entire 2nd half of the season, all we heard about was how unstoppable the Patriots offense was, how Brady was so difficult to pressure, etc etc, ad nauseum. Yet low and behold, the Jets managed to register 5 sacks in the playoffs and applied consistent pressure. They disguised their coverages and gave him looks he hadn't seen before. Jam the WRs at the line or scrimmage and throw them off their routes. You can generate pressure if there isn't a receiver immediately there to catch a 5 yard screen pass and in many instances, break it off for another 20-yards. Any team that tries to sit back in soft zone coverages, playing 5-6 yards off the wideouts/tight ends gets picked apart. It's like a slow, agonizing death.
TAC602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #155
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

i think we'll make improvements by the time we play them. Our defense keeps improving, it's better than what it was last week.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:24 PM   #156
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
i think we'll make improvements by the time we play them. Our defense keeps improving, it's better than what it was last week.

I'd assume you'd be on the Pats bandwagon by then. On their "Championship Cruise".
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #157
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good point TAC6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
I'd assume you'd be on the Pats bandwagon by then. On their "Championship Cruise".

I'm hoping he jumps on them. He gives the Eagles fanbase an eyesore.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #158
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Last year Brady annihilated the Steelers and they had/have the best LB corps in the NFL, by an incredibly wide margin IMO. It doesn't get any better than Harrison/Timmons/Farrior/Woodley as an overall unit. They were weak at CB and still are save for Ike Taylor, but Brady did so much work on them inside the numbers, all over their front seven + Polamalu. I vivdly remember NBC making it a point to show all the times he was guessing wrong. It actually became a little irritating.

From a rushing the quarterback and stopping the run perspective, they were atop the league as a linebacker unit - however when it comes to defending the pass, they aren't anywhere near the top....in fact, they're one of the worst.

So it makes sense why Brady would be able to work them across the middle and up the seams. It's their one weakness as a defense, their pass coverage from their linebackers (and their corners, for that matter) and nickle/dime corners and can only be masked if they get pressure.

It is what it is. Steelers are still a great defense capable of stopping anyone because of their pass rush, but they aren't equipped to stop anyone through the air if the weather is nice and their pass rush doesn't get home.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #159
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

I'd never go so far as to claim to be a fan, but any team that has a dominant a defense, I pay attention to and admire from a safe distance. The Eagles have that potential and they will be dominant, all little weakspots withstanding.

And yeah, out of the legitimate SB contenders, I'd rather they win it than any other team in the league. I could do just fine without seeing the Patriots and Steelers on top or Green Bay and Rodgers repeating. I want to see them (Pats, Packers) be shutdown.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:37 AM   #160
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
From a rushing the quarterback and stopping the run perspective, they were atop the league as a linebacker unit - however when it comes to defending the pass, they aren't anywhere near the top....in fact, they're one of the worst.

So it makes sense why Brady would be able to work them across the middle and up the seams. It's their one weakness as a defense, their pass coverage from their linebackers (and their corners, for that matter) and nickle/dime corners and can only be masked if they get pressure.

It is what it is. Steelers are still a great defense capable of stopping anyone because of their pass rush, but they aren't equipped to stop anyone through the air if the weather is nice and their pass rush doesn't get home.

I think it's a tad harsh. Harrison and Timmons are above average in coverage, although Farrior has lost a step and Woodley doesn't offer much there. I don't think they're necessarily bottom of the barrell material. In fact, a lot of times I think they abuse Harrison's proficiency by dropping him far too often. The problem is that they're running a 3-4 defense and Harrison is the ROLB, and alpha pass rusher. How ridiculous does that last sentence sound? It makes many Steeler fans irate. But not nearly as much as Lebeau's refusal to cease with his soft zone, particularly against Brady who has seemed to have the Steelers number for a good decade now, and certainly since Lebeau went back to be Pittsburgh's DC. It's almost impossible for them to generate any type of pass rush when they do this. Brady goes into his three-step drop and surgically rips them a new one, piece by piece.

I'd definitely agree with you that they only fit half the bill as a complete defense when it comes to pass defense: pressure and coverage. To keep the thread on track, I believe Philadelphia will easily rank 1st in both sacks (pressures as a stat are too subjective and varied) and passing yards allowed. Their relentless pressure is going to force teams into plenty of turnover and quick drive kills. Likewise, when those guys don't get there right away, their CBs are going to bide them extra time or just simply break up plays. This does make them a dream team, especially when all the pieces are moving as a cohesive unit. Right now we are seeing a group of extremely talented individual players doing their thing with flashes of greatness and a few hiccups and sputters. This thing will turn into a Beast once chemistry is built. If their offense doesn't peg them deep in their own territory by way of turnovers, not many teams are going to beat them with their top two receiving threats being shut down. I have to say even with all this, having Nnamdi who is clearly the Real Deal just blows it completely over the top.

Then you have probably the most explosive group of offensive players in the NFL on the other side of the ball.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #161
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8

No i will not, but i'll be laughing watching Brady get his ass knocked down all the time during the game.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #162
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Vick participated in the walkthru so I guess its safe to say he's playing...

I also hear Jamar Chaney is moving to MLB... and Fokou to strong side LB... Im not sure what they wanna do with Casey...

thats what Im hearing right now
Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #163
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Chaney switched to MLB, Matthews switch to the weak side, Fokou to the strong side.

It's a ****ing carousel.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #164
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Any word on when Vince young will be ready to play?
Old 09-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #165
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Vick is practicing today... he's on his way to playing this sunday... he better protect his neck this wknd... Something tells me the giants will be head hunting
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: