Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #211
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Fan Thread

The worst part is we can't stop a run. That means we will never beat a team with good RB's. And our redzone wows have come back, i used to hate it when mcnabb and westbrook were on the team, we would get to the redzone and akers would kick a FG. Deja Vu all over again, when mike vick came to town, i was happy because we had eliminated this problem, dude kept us in the games, I think castillo should go back to running the offense, he's been doing a good job ever since Vick came to town,Howard mudd's tactics won't click with this team, especially with a QB like vick, it's a big difference btw protecting manning and vick. Vick sitting in the pocket and throwing the ball is not what won us games last season, and can we get rid of all the rookies starting on this team ?. I still don't get why kelce gets to start over jamaal jackson. This team is a mess, with that said, Andy reid needs to go, it's been good run but this needs to end. If we continue this way, i see a 6-10 season record.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #212
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
The worst part is we can't stop a run. That means we will never beat a team with good RB's. And our redzone wows have come back, i used to hate it when mcnabb and westbrook were on the team, we would get to the redzone and akers would kick a FG. Deja Vu all over again, when mike vick came to town, i was happy because we had eliminated this problem, dude kept us in the games, I think castillo should go back to running the offense, he's been doing a good job ever since Vick came to town,Howard mudd's tactics won't click with this team, especially with a QB like vick, it's a big difference btw protecting manning and vick. Vick sitting in the pocket and throwing the ball is not what won us games last season, and can we get rid of all the rookies starting on this team ?. I still don't get why kelce gets to start over jamaal jackson. This team is a mess, with that said, Andy reid needs to go, it's been good run but this needs to end. If we continue this way, i see a 6-10 season record.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #213
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was gonna type after his reply "Posterize is gonna tear you a new one".

Castillo didnt run the offense by the way. Perhaps you meant offensive line? Not sure Castillo working with the OL helps much.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #214
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I was gonna type after his reply "Posterize is gonna tear you a new one".

Castillo didnt run the offense by the way. Perhaps you meant offensive line? Not sure Castillo working with the OL helps much.

it was not as bad as it is right now, btw the OLine not being able to stop a nose bleed or Andy trying to make vick pass the ball alot, both are just bad strategies. one thing for sure though, castillo should not be running this defense. dude doesn't adjust. frank gore was struggling coming into yesterday's game, he just had his best game so far, thanks to eagles defense. .. This wide 9 bullshit has proven to not work at all, should've kept sean mcdermont. we keep playing this defense, 6-10 record is very real. we play like a JV team.

Last edited by Theoo's Daddy : 10-03-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #215
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OL looks not that much different now vs last year. Vick was still running for his life. I would like to see Jamaal Jackson at Center or atleast guard but he doesnt fit Mudd's mold unfortunately. Not saying this years OL is better, it can be viewed as a lil worse. But I dont see Castillo doing anything significant especially given the personnel we're working with. I mean outside of Jamaal Jackson on the bench, there aint much on the bench to work with.

Castillo is just inexperienced calling a defense. Maybe he'll improve as the season progresses. If not?

I actually like the wide 9. The problem is 1. Need a run stuffing DT next to Cullen Jenkins, perfect compliment. 2. Need a better LB unit that can fill the gaps and make plays. Especially at MLB.

I mean some folks are critical of the wide 9, but it worked in Tennesee. Not only with the pass rush, but defending the run as well. So I have more of an issue with the personnel that can execute it than actually using it. Look at the sacks and pressure we get just from our front 4 alone. I love it, but not having the right personnel the wide 9 can get exposed. I aint gonna bash it, Babin could end up breaking the damn sack record if he keeps up his pace. I'd laugh if someone said he had a chance. Flame them even.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #216
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Fat andy will be on the hot seat this season, but i know what he's going to do to save his butt, vick is going to get more free reign on offense, because he seems like he's the only one doing his job at the moment.

Quote:
Cullen jenkins talking about the eagles
Talking about the Eagles locker room at half-time.

"I think it was a little bit too happy in here," said Jenkins, who won a Super Bowl with the Packers last season before signing with the Eagles in the offseason. "Just because you've got a lead in the game doesn't mean you've played a good game."

"The biggest thing we're missing in here is the attitude," Jenkins said. "There's not that fire, that mental toughness that makes you think you're going to make it happen. And we've got to get that. At some point, the man in you has to come out."

: So, guys are not even playing hard enough ? To me it looks like we are never prepared for games, we already know what our weaknesses are on defense, yet we make the same same mistakes. The one thing that i can't still come to terms with is how bad the offense is, all those weapons Stupid trick plays, resulting into fumbles, INTs . Anyway, the redskins are leading the division, that still gives me some hope.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #217
Jameerthefear
Feelin' Dandy

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is it me or did the Eagles look like they were just screwing around in the 1st half?
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #218
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Is it me or did the Eagles look like they were just screwing around in the 1st half?

screwing around ? It's that mentality that cullen is talking about, guys are not taking games seriously, this falls on andy reid,sounds like players are not taking him seriously or don't have a clue of what his game plan is.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #219
Jameerthefear
Feelin' Dandy

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
screwing around ? It's that mentality that cullen is talking about, guys are not taking games seriously, this falls on andy reid,sounds like players are not taking him seriously or don't have a clue of what his game plan is.
That is what I meant. They didn't have a serious mentality.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #220
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

According to the NFL network, Aaron curry is likely headed to the eagles.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #221
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>

If its for more than a 4th rd pick?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #222
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>

is he any good ?? this is what i got about him

Quote:
Curry was the No. 4 pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, but hasn't fulfilled on his draft promise since coming out of Wake Forest. In three seasons with Seattle, he now has 152 total tackles (126 solo) to go along with 5.5 sacks and eight pass deflections. Curry has seen his playing time cut back in 2011 though, and he just doesn't seem to fit into the current defensive scheme for the team.

In the first four games this year, Curry has just 18 tackles to his credit. That's not very good from a linebacker in the NFL, but he also isn't in a starting role for the team anymore. This makes the interest from other teams a bit more surprising, mostly because he hasn't performed like a top 5 pick in the NFL Draft should.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #223
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Hes very talented but he has been a major bust so far. I don't really see how he will be any better over here with a worse defensive coaching staff. But Bottom line he's better than anything we have. Eagles are clearly a desperate team.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #224
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I dont even know if he is that much better than what we have. I mean is that even saying much tho? Our linebackers are starting 2 7th rd picks and a rookie who replaced...a rookie. I havent seen any news/reports on this tho, can I get a link of some kind? I know rumors are Curry is on the trade block and Eagles are one of a few teams interested. I just hope fans dont think if Aaron Curry arrives here he will do something drastic. He's no different than what we have at linebackers in terms of guys needing to improve and develop fast to be productive. Otherwise he could see himself as a backup again, further pushing him to certified bust status.

I'm not against the move. Just not going to be one of those fans who is lookin at a former 4th overall pick as a great grab.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #225
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I dont even know if he is that much better than what we have. I mean is that even saying much tho? Our linebackers are starting 2 7th rd picks and a rookie who replaced...a rookie. I havent seen any news/reports on this tho, can I get a link of some kind? I know rumors are Curry is on the trade block and Eagles are one of a few teams interested. I just hope fans dont think if Aaron Curry arrives here he will do something drastic. He's no different than what we have at linebackers in terms of guys needing to improve and develop fast to be productive. Otherwise he could see himself as a backup again, further pushing him to certified bust status.

I'm not against the move. Just not going to be one of those fans who is lookin at a former 4th overall pick as a great grab.
I didn't see the report myself, got it from the emb, so take it for what it's worth.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: