Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #271
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Fan Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Any Philly fans hear anything about the Broncos\Eagles talking. Seen something about a 3rd rounder for DJ Williams. Seems like a big need for the Eagles.
It was a 3rd rounder for DJ Williams/Brian Dawkins, but it was made VERY CLEAR by Adam Schefter that it was just something he made up in his own head. He was on sportscenter listing deals he thought should be done. But none of them were actual rumors, just ideas.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #272
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
It was a 3rd rounder for DJ Williams/Brian Dawkins, but it was made VERY CLEAR by Adam Schefter that it was just something he made up in his own head. He was on sportscenter listing deals he thought should be done. But none of them were actual rumors, just ideas.

Ohhh. Could have swore I saw some random twitter account say something about them being in talks.

It would make sense tho.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #273
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Ohhh. Could have swore I saw some random twitter account say something about them being in talks.

It would make sense tho.

That random twitter account I heard is bogus. Constantly reports bogus trades. Not sure how it goes about getting sources. Eagles aint entertaining any offers for a LB because they are stupid and the cost of a LB = draft picks. And they want all their draft picks to draft players and have them start so they can bench then for a rookie they drafted behind the one that started.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #274
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
That random twitter account I heard is bogus. Constantly reports bogus trades. Not sure how it goes about getting sources. Eagles aint entertaining any offers for a LB because they are stupid and the cost of a LB = draft picks. And they want all their draft picks to draft players and have them start so they can bench then for a rookie they drafted behind the one that started.

Yeah I just found that out

Be pretty sick if that trade went down tho, and Denver throw in Dawkins(isn't really doing much for Denver) and he got to go back to Philly.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #275
Soothing Layup
High School Varsity 12th Man

Soothing Layup has an OK reputation so far

The Eagles are done. The only bird that's going to soar this year will be the Ravens.
Soothing Layup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #276
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I'm now even more mad at this team after watching Depth chart on espn. And that was a college a team, i know in the NFL they take shit way more serious, i was wondering what andy reid and his crew have been sitting down in their meetings every week just to come up with bullshit game plans.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #277
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
THE NOVACARE Complex serves many functions for the coaching staff of the Eagles.

It is an office space, practice site, film room, sanctuary and often a late-night crash spot.

But rookie defensive coordinator Juan Castillo may have found the most unique use for the Eagles headquarters - "The Cone of Silence."

That's right, the term from the old comedy series "Get Smart."

Whenever Maxwell Smart (Agent 86) wanted to speak with the Chief, he insisted on using the technically flawed device to keep the outside world from hearing their conversations.

The joke was that the cone never worked and actually prevented the two spies from hearing what the other was saying.

Apparently Castillo has found a device big enough to fit around the NovaCare Complex because yesterday the much-maligned coach said he has barely heard any of the criticism that has been directed at him during the Eagles' four-game losing streak.

"On Monday night I was working on base [defense] and getting prepared for the base run game and passing game for the Redskins," Castillo said of his activities after another defensive dud effort in Buffalo. "On Tuesday, I started working on the nickel.

"[Wednesday] we presented the base. [Thursday] we presented the nickel. [Last night] we [worked] on the red zone. [Today] we'll get ready to call the game.

"There's a schedule. I'm just focusing on beating the Redskins, getting the guys ready, so we can get started on what we need to do."

While offensive linemen Jason Kelce and Evan Mathis were busy making news for getting in a shouting match with some fans over a sign advocating the firing of head coach Andy Reid, Castillo seemed oblivious to the fact that he is target I-A for criticism in print, broadcast and digital media outlets.

Bunkered down in NovaCare, Castillo claims he has not heard the calls that he is a misguided hire who is in way over his head.

"You know how you said that I'm here at [4 a.m.] and working 19, 20 hours?" Castillo said. "Well, when you're working 19, 20 hours, you're not watching TV.

"I have a TV where I watch the tape. I'll go home to see my kids, then I'll go to sleep because I have to get back early in the morning.

"I haven't really been paying attention to the TV or radio."

Brother, have we got some stories for you.

Well, it seems that Eagles fans aren't happy with the fact that your defense blew fourth-quarter leads in the first three losses and then failed to show up for the entire first half and the first drive of the third quarter against Buffalo.

Fans think the idea that Reid promoted you from offensive-line coach to defensive coordinator was a move borne of arrogance, and it's showing in the fact that your players can't tackle, get gashed on running plays and fail to force turnovers.

On Wednesday, Reid flat out denied a report from ESPN that he had offered former Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini a job as a defensive consultant.

The look on Castillo's face was certainly that of a guy not aware what the outside world is talking about.

"[Wednesday] we had a good practice and made sure that we got our runs fit," he said. "The Redskins do a great job running the football.

"If we can stop the run, you know, we have a good chance to win the football game."

Ah, the bliss of ignorance.

"Coach Reid and I talk," Castillo said when asked to clarify whether he knew about the report. "He would come and talk to me. Like I said, I have one responsibility. It's like everywhere else. If you take care of your job, you can get taken care of.

"Coach Reid has not talked to me about anything [like that]."
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #278
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Avant: I Should Be Dead

^story of his past, good read

Quote:
The fumble was bad, but, considering Avant's formative years, it was nothing. His mother abandoned him before he was a year old. He watched his father go to prison three times. He dealt drugs on Chicago's streets as a 12-year-old. He often went to middle school drunk. He ran with a gang. Before he was 14, he was arrested twice, for breaking-and-entering and robbery. He was too young, he said, for the charges to stick.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #279
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Avant: I Should Be Dead

^story of his past, good read

Damn good read. I like Avant even more.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #280
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU4pRMSL0Bo

Schefter saying Juqua Parker's name being floated around a lot in trade talk with Graham coming back. Not like we'll get anything for a 33 year old on the last year of his deal.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #281
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU4pRMSL0Bo

Schefter saying Juqua Parker's name being floated around a lot in trade talk with Graham coming back. Not like we'll get anything for a 33 year old on the last year of his deal.

Graham?
Old 10-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #282
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Graham?
Brandon. He's been on the PUP but he's been healthy since week 4.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #283
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Brandon. He's been on the PUP but he's been healthy since week 4.

Misread, when you said with Graham coming back I was thinking that was the player being rumored as apart of a J.Parker trade. F*ck B.Graham.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #284
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eagles fans, what was your opinion of today's game, what I mean by that, do you guy still feel like you guys played up to expectations to make the playoffs, or was it more of Rex/Redskins LOSING the game? Just wondering, I think the Eagles will turn it around to a 10-6 record, not sure if that will be wild card or not, I think it's 3 way battle for the division right now. Redskins are a non-factor unless Beck shows something we haven't seen.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #285
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I'm only 3 quarters in and damn, Coleman ball'd his ass off in this game. Not just talking about the 3 picks either. Some excellent breakups in coverage too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: