Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #286
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Fan Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Eagles fans, what was your opinion of today's game, what I mean by that, do you guy still feel like you guys played up to expectations to make the playoffs, or was it more of Rex/Redskins LOSING the game? Just wondering, I think the Eagles will turn it around to a 10-6 record, not sure if that will be wild card or not, I think it's 3 way battle for the division right now. Redskins are a non-factor unless Beck shows something we haven't seen.

The Eagles played well. But the pressure Vick saw is still a concern. The redzone offense wasnt to my expectation. The last two trips we walked away with FGs. Some of the playcalling is questionable. I really dont like the gimmick, gadget plays. Almost cost the Eagles a safety or worse. Overall offense played good not great. I still think it has enough talent to play great.

Defense was solid as we contained the Skins rushing attack. It was a non factor and forced them to throw. Which played into our hands. Kurt Coleman is a good Safety, decent rather and still learning/improving. But no way he picks off 3 passes in a game like that if Rex Grossman isnt the QB. But the defense did a solid job today. Skins were in the redzone one time when Asante Samuel got torched by Jabar Gaffney. Walked away with only a FG because Rex Grossman sucks as a QB.

I'll take the win. I'm just saying the Eagles still have a ways to go to improve. You wont face the Skins the rest of the way, schedule has some much better teams who will take advantage. I had a sense the Eagles were going to choke the win away, thats never good.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #287
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They need to protect Vick better and/or he needs to run less. What i saw yesterday was "**** it, get back in there" after he was shook up. If the strategy is Vick will take all these hits, but he'll tough it out, then this season is already done because that's not going to work. I'm not a huge Vick fan clearly but the "let's get him killed slowly" strategy seems more like something i'd dream up then an offensive strategy.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #288
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
They need to protect Vick better and/or he needs to run less. What i saw yesterday was "**** it, get back in there" after he was shook up. If the strategy is Vick will take all these hits, but he'll tough it out, then this season is already done because that's not going to work. I'm not a huge Vick fan clearly but the "let's get him killed slowly" strategy seems more like something i'd dream up then an offensive strategy.

Vick staying in the pocket is not the answer either, he was still getting rushed and we need to make plays with his feet for us to success. We depend on big plays and when our WR's are covered, vick has to make plays with his feet.

The defense played well, especially covering the run plays. we need to win next week though, we are still playing for pride. I need giants/redskins/cowboys all to lose next week and we'll be right back in this..
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #289
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
Vick staying in the pocket is not the answer either, he was still getting rushed and we need to make plays with his feet for us to success. We depend on big plays and when our WR's are covered, vick has to make plays with his feet.

The defense played well, especially covering the run plays. we need to win next week though, we are still playing for pride. I need giants/redskins/cowboys all to lose next week and we'll be right back in this..
He needs to learn to use his checkdown guys, or to throw the ball away. He also can't drift in the pocket, that 4 feet to the left or right destroys the pocket, and their line sucks as is. Against the Giants, basically you can play contain because you don't need anyone between deep and Vick, because Vick looks deep every play. HOLD HOLD HOLD HOLD TOUCHDOWN! Meanwhile Vick is on his back dead.

Everytime i suggest Vick needs to learn to do some things to make his career longer i get told "that won't help". Well, then he's ****ed because he's going to wind up getting more and more serious injuries, or just being too beat up at YE to compete in the playoffs.

This is a guy with all the physical talents you could hope for yet it's always "he can't do that, he can't adjust, it's not possible". Really?
Old 10-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #290
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He said he only got the wind knocked out of him and dirt in his eye on that play.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #291
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Old 10-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #292
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
He said he only got the wind knocked out of him and dirt in his eye on that play.

Whatever, i'm totally wrong, the massive amount of hits won't take any toll on Michael Vick. This offense, where he runs around and gets blasted all the time is a total positive for him. I don't know why my Giants don't run the get Eli killed offense.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #293
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He needs to learn to use his checkdown guys, or to throw the ball away. He also can't drift in the pocket, that 4 feet to the left or right destroys the pocket, and their line sucks as is. Against the Giants, basically you can play contain because you don't need anyone between deep and Vick, because Vick looks deep every play. HOLD HOLD HOLD HOLD TOUCHDOWN! Meanwhile Vick is on his back dead.

Everytime i suggest Vick needs to learn to do some things to make his career longer i get told "that won't help". Well, then he's ****ed because he's going to wind up getting more and more serious injuries, or just being too beat up at YE to compete in the playoffs.

This is a guy with all the physical talents you could hope for yet it's always "he can't do that, he can't adjust, it's not possible". Really?

The problem with checkdowns is his height/delivery. He gets more short passes knocked down than any two QB in the game.

Vick is always going to get hit more than anyone else because of the way he plays. Making him a pocket passer does nothing but negate the unique skill that he brings to the position. On the other hand, you're right; he's slowly but surely getting killed. But I've yet to hear anyone come up with a solution that plays to his individual strengths, plays to the strengths of a big play offense, and keeps him out of harms way.

As for learning new things, that's not what you do in the middle of a season. He obviously has changed and adapted his game over the last two years; a blind man can see that. But you can't completely rework his game and still have the same things that you wanted from him in the first place.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #294
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Whatever, i'm totally wrong, the massive amount of hits won't take any toll on Michael Vick. This offense, where he runs around and gets blasted all the time is a total positive for him. I don't know why my Giants don't run the get Eli killed offense.
wtf is wrong with you? you sounded like my girlfriend. what I said had nothing to do with whether you were right or wrong about anything. lay off the estrogen pills.

Last edited by StateProperty : 10-17-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #295
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #296
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

section 106 to Eagles/Cowboys?!?! I'll pour beer on your head from the upper levels

mailman =
Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #297
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You guys should meet up before the game or at half time and post a picture!
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #298
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
You guys should meet up before the game or at half time and post a picture!
You know, I thought of that. But I'm going with my cousin and I'm not sure how to explain to him I'm meeting up with a guy I met online. No homo tho, No homo!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #299
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You know, I thought of that. But I'm going with my cousin and I'm not sure how to explain to him I'm meeting up with a guy I met online. No homo tho, No homo!
haha pretend you randomly ran into him at the stadium like he's an old friend of yours.

Just say:

"Oh, shit, that's my boy Gobb...we go way back. I'm gona go say hi can you get a picture of us!?"
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #300
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

"That's my friend Gobb...athan. Gobbathan Smith."
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: