Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #406
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Fan Thread

Donta Hightower could be available in the second round. I hope The Eagles pass on him.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #407
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Zach Brown.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #408
ROCSteady
R E D S K I N S

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Y'all need a physical receiver.

I know, I know, I'm a Redskins fan and we have more holes than coral but that's not what I'm here to debate.

Jackson and Maclin can obviously make plays but neither guy I would be very confident about targeting late in a close game.

Maclin really is unimpressive to me. His stats are decent at times but he plays like a bitch, to be quite honest. Most Eagles fans have clamored that he's the complete receiver on your team and I don't see it. He isn't clutch, he isn't tough, I've rarely seen him own a DB with his stature to get a ball. He's a decent player with some good athleticism but the guy doesn't play with hunger. I always see him with this dejected look on his frog face, usually sitting on a trainer's table.

Jackson obviously can do things most cannot do. I actually think he plays tougher than his size but his skillset is also not effective for getting tough yards to sustain drives, etc. He's good to have cuz it opens things up for other guys buy targeting a guy for 8 yards is a lot diff than drawing up a homerun gadget play. Celek is a good TE but not dominant by any stretch.

If the Eagles want to suceed in the grinder games i.e. the playoffs, they need to give their QB a comfortable target against a good defense who will pressure the QB into throwing under less than ideal circumstances. Eagles receivers hardly make great plays on the ball when it isn't in their wheelhouse.

Just some observation. Maclin is a bama though,no bullshit. I'd be dissapointed in him as a mid first rounder.

Jabar Gaffney put up the same numbers (a tad better actually but almost identical) with one of the worst offensive units in football this season
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #409
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Maclin suffered a setback injury wise I believe due to the lymphoma scare he had in the offseason. Lost 20 lbs, missed the entire preseason, and didn't practice until the week leading up to week 1. Ended up having hamstring issues and shoulder issues.

He's a Torry Holt type. I don't see him playing like a bitch but at 6'0" and less than 200 he's not going to be the most physical type. And I agree about the clutchness of him, he's directly responsible for 2 comeback wins that ended short (the fumble vs. Buffalo and the drop on 4th down vs. Atlanta).

100% agree a big physical receiver is what they're missing. A guy who you can throw a fade to the corner of the end zone and have him outjump a DB, or a guy like DEZ who gets 6-7 yards after first contact. Owens is the only guy who fits that description in Eagle green and it made a difference.

A guy like Dwayne Bowe would be awesome but I doubt he hits the open market. And even if he did I doubt he fits the checkbook.

Then again, a lot of guys currently on roster for '12 are going to be cut...Jamaal Jackson, Asante?, maybe Graham. I wonder what Eagles checkbook even looks like. Other than Vick, Jason Peters, Aso, and Asante...guys aren't breaking the bank. Almost no money is going to safeties/linebackers/receivers. Shady needs his paycheck.

Like I said I don't watch college football to know much of anything about prospects. I look at highlights but that tells me nothing. Alshon Jefferey just declared but I read he had struggles this season with his weight? He got in that fight the other day which didn't bother me but that combined with his weight issues makes me hesitant on his discipline. Michael Floyd intrigues me.

Tulloch is a FA again but chances are he re-signs
D'Qwell Jackson is a beast and Heckert already said he's going back to CLE

Tough to talk about when you're unsure of who is going to be on the market.

What about Marques Colston? He's without a doubt a very physical WR. He's a Pennsylvania native too (Harrisburg), and what I was reading months ago was that he wouldn't take a discount to stay in NO. Also remember rumblings at the beginning of the season that Reggie Wayne (NO native) was a likely player to replace him in NO. He could be on the open market.

Quote:
Donta Hightower could be available in the second round. I hope The Eagles pass on him.
Love his size. Looks a bit slow?

Last edited by StateProperty : 01-05-2012 at 12:25 PM.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #410
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He may run a high 4.6 low 4.7 40. He seems slow, but he is always where is supposed to be. Donta Hightower should come in, and be the smartest cat in the linebacking corps. Nick Saban gives his lead linebacker wide breath to call audibles.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #411
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The one common thing amongst Eagles fans is complaining about flaws of LBs that would be ten times better than what we have. When it comes to LBs, yes the grass is greener on the other side. So who give a F in he is 0.4 seconds slower than Chris Johnson?
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #412
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Eagles GM Howie Roseman "called off" a proposed August trade that would have sent CB Asante Samuel to the Lions for a pair of second-day draft picks.

The deal was far enough along that Roseman had the Lions contact Samuel, but it fell apart when the Eagles held out for a first-rounder. The Inquirer expects Roseman to "dangle" Samuel on the market again this offseason, though the asking price will have to drop significantly. With Samuel's salary jumping from $5.9 million to $8.4 million, the Eagles may have to settle for a mid-round pick.

Wow
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #413
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Bears will give you their 4th for him. Or maybe our second 3rd if he reconstructs his deal.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #414
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Jason La Canfora reporting that Spags will be visiting Philly end of this week. BUT, Andy Reid and other Eagles front office personnel are on vacation until Sunday. So the source is a little iffy.

A lot of speculation that Spags would come in as Assistant Head Coach/Defense, or some other kind of title "above" defensive coordinator, and Castillo would keep his title of DC. It'd be out of respect for Castillo who has been with the team forever but Spags would truly be running the D.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #415
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who the hell is that guy reporting this? Never heard of him.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #416
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Who the hell is that guy reporting this? Never heard of him.
He's NFL Network's version of Adam Schefter. Actually, he's the guy who took Schefter's job when Schefter made the switch to ESPN.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #417
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

My friend was telling me about the kid Vontaze Burfict from Arizona State? Was getting Ray Lewis comparisons. MLB at 6'3" 250 but is a bit of a nutcase getting a lot of unnecessary roughness penalties and such (so what?).

He's projected late 1st round/early 2nd and a lot think he'll go to the Ravens as Lewis' replacement. That's where footballsfuture has him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwJCYhOdazE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j3xY...eature=related

oh lawwwd
Old 01-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #418
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
My friend was telling me about the kid Vontaze Burfict from Arizona State? Was getting Ray Lewis comparisons. MLB at 6'3" 250 but is a bit of a nutcase getting a lot of unnecessary roughness penalties and such (so what?).

He's projected late 1st round/early 2nd and a lot think he'll go to the Ravens as Lewis' replacement. That's where footballsfuture has him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwJCYhOdazE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j3xY...eature=related

oh lawwwd

He's an undisciplined, hot head who disappeared sometimes this season. He has the abilities and physical agressiveness of a Ray Lewis. He doesnt have the IQ of a Ray Lewis. Also the so what about the flags are because the NFL wouldnt allow some of the things he does in college.

That said he's a heck of a talent but you're going to need a vet and/or a LB coach to take him under thier wing and school him. His stock dropped from a top 10 first rd pick to a late, early 2nd because he wasnt that spectacular this season ontop of the stuff I mentioned.

If Eagles landed him with thier Arizona 2nd rd pick or maybe moved up with that pick to get him? Awesome value.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #419
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He's an undisciplined, hot head
Sign him up.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #420
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Eagles OC Marty Morninwheg interviewing with Raiders for head coach position.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...h-Raiders.html
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: