Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #421
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Fan Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Eagles OC Marty Morninwheg interviewing with Raiders for head coach position.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...h-Raiders.html

Awesome, no now Juan Castillo will be our offensive cordinator.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #422
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Awesome, no now Juan Castillo will be our offensive cordinator.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #423
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Stuff about TO's fake apology to McNabb in '05, and how he's a liar (Jeremiah Trotter involved)
Old 01-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #424
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rumors are Spags might be head coach candidate for Colts.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #425
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Rumors are Spags might be head coach candidate for Colts.
I read that he interviewed (yesterday?) for their DC job. Think I've read about 6 names that they've interviewed or planned to interview. And as I type this I'm reading they're requesting permission to interview Zimmer.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #426
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
I read that he interviewed (yesterday?) for their DC job. Think I've read about 6 names that they've interviewed or planned to interview. And as I type this I'm reading they're requesting permission to interview Zimmer.
He actually got Saints job i think (DC). Unless i am not understanding what they just said on ESPN.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #427
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Fun Fact: Eagles 9-3 against NFC East in Vick era, and 8-1 in games he has started. Dude rapes the Cowgirls, Gints, and Deadskins.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #428
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Castillo is being retained.

Hired Todd Bowles (who was Miami's interim coach when Sparano was fired) as defensive backs coach.
Quote:
Bowles had a hand in developing Miami safety Yeremiah Bell, who represented the AFC in the 2010 Pro Bowl. In his three years in Dallas, three Cowboys defensive backs were chosen to a combined five Pro Bowls, including three by safety Roy Williams. In 2007, three-fourths of Dallas’ backfield cornerback -- cornerback Terence Newman, safety Ken Hamlin and Williams -- was selected to the NFC All-Star squad.

Bowles is a Temple graduate. He played eight seasons in the NFL with the Redskins and 49ers from 1986-93.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #429
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No new LB coach? Like to see one as well.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #430
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Former cornerback Anthony Henry played for Todd Bowles with the Browns and the Cowboys, and Henry said today that Bowles is just the guy to bring a secondary together.

"With the kind of talent they already have there, he'll make them a better secondary, and they'll have a really successful team next year," Henry said.

Henry, now retired in the Dallas area, said Bowles has a talent for "tapping in on what each player is good at, and bringing that together" into a coherent coverage plan for the secondary. "Guys feel comfortable with their roles and the scheme," Henry said -- not something that was always true for the Eagles last season.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #431
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Why is Castilo being retained to be DC? Is there something behind the scenes that has shown the brass that he has what it takes?

Because that first year was brutal.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #432
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Why is Castilo being retained to be DC? Is there something behind the scenes that has shown the brass that he has what it takes?

Because that first year was brutal.

Because Andy Reid was given 1 more season to show and prove before he gets fired. Why not atleast let him keep the guy he had confidence in to make Defensive Cord? Cant keep on changing DC every year having everyone learn a new system all over again. Defense started to play better the latter part of the year. I'm pretty sure the front office noticed that, heard the players expressing confidence in Juan ontop of him being Andy's boy (if he's gonna get canned, let him take his baggage with him) all played a role in keeping him.

Can he learn from his mistakes last season heading into next? No clue. I hope.

Keeping Castillo makes sense and isnt a surprise.

I'm more worried about this team drafting than Castillo being back.

Sidenote: Please dont read my post as me being a Castillo supporter. If anything I'd love the Andy Reid regime to finally end. He's been successful here but its stalemate. He's not going to magically change.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #433
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Because Andy Reid was given 1 more season to show and prove before he gets fired. Why not atleast let him keep the guy he had confidence in to make Defensive Cord? Cant keep on changing DC every year having everyone learn a new system all over again. Defense started to play better the latter part of the year. I'm pretty sure the front office noticed that, heard the players expressing confidence in Juan ontop of him being Andy's boy (if he's gonna get canned, let him take his baggage with him) all played a role in keeping him.

Can he learn from his mistakes last season heading into next? No clue. I hope.

Keeping Castillo makes sense and isnt a surprise.

I'm more worried about this team drafting than Castillo being back.

Sidenote: Please dont read my post as me being a Castillo supporter. If anything I'd love the Andy Reid regime to finally end. He's been successful here but its stalemate. He's not going to magically change.

If I was the Eagles, I wouldn't be too confident in Castillo because they played ****ing Matt Moore, Mark Sanchez, Stephen McGee, Red Grossman in those four wins.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #434
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
If I was the Eagles, I wouldn't be too confident in Castillo because they played ****ing Matt Moore, Mark Sanchez, Stephen McGee, Red Grossman in those four wins.

Thats always a good argument. But they'll say the defense from Week 1 to Week 16 dispite who they played.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #435
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Howard Eskin says Plax "badly wants to play for Eagles". Just assume that the report is true for a second (last year Eskin gave us Favre/Eagles talk)...do you want him at any price? 45/612/8 last year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: