Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #466
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Fan Thread

Hanson was the only cut that surprised me. I only remember 1 pass to McNutt. He was on the outside, couldn't beat his man at all, and never looked up for a perfectly placed ball from Edwards over his shoulder. No room for Dixon with the O-line depth. Otogwe can't stay healthy for a quarter of play, let alone a game. Not to mention gettin trucked by Joe McKnight last game didn't help.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #467
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Should we apologize to Castillo?

7th in points allowed.
4th against the pass.
15th against the run.

Eagles are on a 6 game win streak dating back to last season, and in those 6 games they have given up 86 points, which is a little over 14 a game.

Of course having our best LB core in the Andy Reid era (hopefully I'm not talking out of my ass, but these guys are the best) and Allen/Coleman playing great surely help Castillo.

A bit of an overreaction, but through 2 games its fair to say Nnamdi is the weakest link to the starting D, no? Not hating on him, just pointing out how good our D is/can be.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #468
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

How is Kendricks, Curry & Fletch doing? I was really high on all of them this year, especially Kendricks. If he has translated from college he's going to be a pro-bowl caliber linebacker.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #469
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
How is Kendricks, Curry & Fletch doing? I was really high on all of them this year, especially Kendricks. If he has translated from college he's going to be a pro-bowl caliber linebacker.

Kendricks and Boykin look excellent so far...He's been everywhere making plays the 1st 2 weeks.. I think Kendricks is benefitting from playing next to Demeco Ryans. Kendricks has great speed and is a hard hitter. It helps to have Ryans next to him to guide him as a rookie...

Boykin came up big the past 2 weeks in nickel... He actually looks better so far than Hanson did, but it is still early and he has many challenges ahead of him this year.

Fletcher Cox is looking pretty good. He had a sack against Cleveland, but I havent re-watched any tape of the Baltimore game yet....When I do, I be looking for #91... He has been solid so far

I havent seen Vinnie Curry on the field much so far. I think I saw him getting held& then pancaked on one play against the Ravens... Could have been someone else tho

So far the Eagles draft class has been the best I can remember ... They havent even begun to use their running backs like they could.. I still wanna see Chris Polk play some minutes
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #470
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Cox is outplaying Jenkins so far. Cullen has been garbage in the first 2 games, im starting to think hes playing injured.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #471
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Kendricks and Boykin look excellent so far...He's been everywhere making plays the 1st 2 weeks.. I think Kendricks is benefitting from playing next to Demeco Ryans. Kendricks has great speed and is a hard hitter. It helps to have Ryans next to him to guide him as a rookie...

Boykin came up big the past 2 weeks in nickel... He actually looks better so far than Hanson did, but it is still early and he has many challenges ahead of him this year.

Fletcher Cox is looking pretty good. He had a sack against Cleveland, but I havent re-watched any tape of the Baltimore game yet....When I do, I be looking for #91... He has been solid so far

I havent seen Vinnie Curry on the field much so far. I think I saw him getting held& then pancaked on one play against the Ravens... Could have been someone else tho

So far the Eagles draft class has been the best I can remember ... They havent even begun to use their running backs like they could.. I still wanna see Chris Polk play some minutes

Boykins looks like a steal at this point, but it's early. One thing I like about him is he times his jumps very well on balls and he's explosive as hell.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Kendricks ability to cover. That's his best attribute, IMO.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:44 AM   #472
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Boykins looks like a steal at this point, but it's early. One thing I like about him is he times his jumps very well on balls and he's explosive as hell.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Kendricks ability to cover. That's his best attribute, IMO.
Boykin has the advantage of having played nickel corner in college. And Kendricks is a freak.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #473
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Boykin has the advantage of having played nickel corner in college. And Kendricks is a freak.
Is it so much that he is a beast, or is it the fact we finally used a pick higher than a 5th to take a LB?

Satire aside, looks like the D will be very good, probably because we have very good LBs. Of course, I always argued with Marlo that we needed better LBs to have a good D.

Where you at Marlo?
Old 09-20-2012, 03:27 AM   #474
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Is it so much that he is a beast, or is it the fact we finally used a pick higher than a 5th to take a LB?

Satire aside, looks like the D will be very good, probably because we have very good LBs. Of course, I always argued with Marlo that we needed better LBs to have a good D.

Where you at Marlo?
when did i disagree? i merely explained that the eagles brass didnt see the value in investing money or high draft picks into linebackers. they finally have and it's been long overdue.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #475
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Trent Cole turns 30 in two days. Shit, I remember him returning that blocked FG for a TD against San Diego 6 years ago. Time flies.

Here's to plenty more seasons of double digit sacks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: