Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #61
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Fan Thread

Mike Patterson is back practicing with the team as is Trevor Laws. Ryan Harris returned to practice today after missing over a week with back issues. Maclin returned to camp and Reid said he's about "7 days" away from practicing, Jeremy said he'll without a doubt be ready week 1.

Always good to have guys getting healthy in training camp other than the other way around.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #62
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Classic example of how someone's words can be taken out of context...

Quote:
That quote yesterday where Juan Castillo said his young linebackers "will be ready to win the Super Bowl" has gotten a lot of play, here and elsewhere. Problem is, I just listened to the tape again, and I'm not sure that's exactly what Castillo said, or at least, what he meant to say.

Here's the way the Eagles' transcript punctuates Castillo's remarks: “The linebackers will be ready to win the Super Bowl. Remember, it takes 16 weeks, and then really whoever is playing their best during the playoffs. So when you look at it there’s time to develop."

But on the tape, here is what I hear: "The linebackers will be ready. To win the Super Bowl, remember, it takes 16 weeks, and then, really, whoever is playing their best during the playoffs. So when you look at it, there's time to develop."
Old 08-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #63
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8eP5ZnuqUc
Old 08-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #64
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ryan Harris already having issues.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #65
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Ryan Harris already having issues.
I expect him to get cut now. He can't stay on the field.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #66
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

We're trying Ronnie Brown on kick returns. I don't get why not Dion Lewis? I think they're taking the job away from Higgins because he's a WR and they don't need any so he'd be taking up a roster spot only for KR but...Brown?
Old 08-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #67
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
We're trying Ronnie Brown on kick returns. I don't get why not Dion Lewis? I think they're taking the job away from Higgins because he's a WR and they don't need any so he'd be taking up a roster spot only for KR but...Brown?
no counter?
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #68
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

http://www.facebook.com/EASportsMaddenNFL?sk=app_255022647850240&app_data= {%22videoId%22:17}

Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #69
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Moment in Time

^Anybody see this? the way they hooked it up was pretty good. They should do alot more of those..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #70
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Couple notes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Eskin
Eagles injury news. I'm told that RT Ryan Harris has a serious back problem. Has Herniated Disc. Likely surgery next wk. Forget Harris at RT

Quote:
The Eagles have received “multiple” trade offers for Joselio Hanson, and it appears there’s a good chance the Eagles will trade the veteran cornerback by final cutdown day on Sept. 3, a league source familiar with the Eagles’ thinking said Friday.

Quote:
Sources reporting the Philadelphia Eagles are asking for a 4th-5th rd draft pick for CB Joselio Hanson.

Hansen for a 4th rd pick? Sold.

RT woes continue however.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #71
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
With the deadline for trimming the roster from 90 to 80 by Tuesday, the Eagles got an early start on Friday by releasing four players - defensive tackle Marlon Favorite, running back Derrick Locke, linebacker Brandon Peguese and wide receiver Terrance Turner.

Locker, Peguese and Turner were signed by the Eagles as rookie free agents. Favorite was added after he was released by the Patriots in training camp. Favorite led the Eagles defensive linemen with seven tackles in the preseason including one for loss as well as a pass deflection. Favorite was the only player who saw action in Thursday's 24-14 win over the Browns.

The Eagles roster now sits at 86 players.

Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #72
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Herremans to RT!!!! Evan Mathis playing LG. This is HUGE!

Quote:
"I was a tackle before I was a guard," Herremans said. "It's going to feel comfortable eventually I've just got to get in there and get reps. I guess you just see a different type of rusher. You're not blocking 350-pound guys anymore. You're going to see a little bit faster guys. It's not like speed I haven't seen before. I'm excited."

Last edited by StateProperty : 08-27-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #73
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Typical Eagles. You wait til after preseason to change the line up and address a need that has been a need for literally MONTHS. You intially tried to patch it up on the cheap. Now its whoa whoa whoa we need a RT.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #74
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Typical Eagles. You wait til after preseason to change the line up and address a need that has been a need for literally MONTHS. You intially tried to patch it up on the cheap. Now its whoa whoa whoa we need a RT.
Stop listening to John Smallwood.

There weren't any RT's on the market that I know of who we should have pursued. You could say we should have draft one but then we likely re-sign Nick Cole at RG and there's another problem. It's better now than a month or 2 into the season. They didn't do the switch until it was announced Ryan Harris needed surgery so I guess they were banking hard on him.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #75
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Stop listening to John Smallwood.

There weren't any RT's on the market that I know of who we should have pursued. You could say we should have draft one but then we likely re-sign Nick Cole at RG and there's another problem. It's better now than a month or 2 into the season. They didn't do the switch until it was announced Ryan Harris needed surgery so I guess they were banking hard on him.

Terrible excuse. So you neglect RT by saying "Hey we really couldnt upgrade the position. ". First why on EARTH would you bank on Ryan Harris who has had a history of injury issues? Denver didnt even care to give him a 1yr deal to retain him. Eagles always go after these injured players with these 1yr deals in hopes they play their ass off and its a win win for both sides. Win for player in contract year so he'll produce and Eagles will get a productive player out of it. Winston Justice? Turnstyle and his injury was and still is a ? mark. So thats 2 RTs with injury woes heading into the new season protecting Vick. King Dunlap is a backup. He was a project when he is drafted and still is.

Eagles always neglect positions that are needs until the last minute. We can go through the history. Who the hell was our CBs last season? Oh, after Asante Samuel you got Ellis Hobbs, Dmitri Patterson, Joselio Hansen. And guess what? Eagles gave up the MOST passing TDs in Eagles history (correct me if I'm wrong). What do Eagles do? Totally revamp and upgrade the secondary with DRC and Aso. Goodbye Hobbs, good luck Browns with Patterson. The year they decided to neglect special teams? Burnt them. Then they ended up addressing it. They are always a step behind on needs.

There are veteran LBs we should add for 1 yr. I guess they'll do it eventually then I'll ask why did you wait so long?

Doug Free, Jarad Gaither are 2 Tackles that were available. There were enough RTs to choose from. Eagles could have also signed a Guard and moved Herremans to RT. Willie Colon another option.

2011 draft had RTs to draft but they went OG Watkins.

Get out of here Dave Spadaro!!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: