Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #91
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Fan Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Andy Reid doesn't play starters in the final preseason game, ever since 2001, whenplaying one series in that contest ended the Eagles career of starting center Bubba Miller.

But first-round rookie right guard Danny Watkins will play Thursday, Watkins confirmed today, as he hurried to a meeting.

"I asked for it," Watkins said.

Watkins seems like a hardworker. I guess he's trying to make sure he fixes the problems we had on the last game.

Last edited by Theoo's Daddy : 08-30-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:31 PM   #92
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Wanna hear something funny?

Vick's guaranteed money all comes in the first 3 years of his deal, so they can cut him after 3 years with no penalty. Andy Reid also has 3 years left on his deal. Sounds like a 3 year window for them to win the big one.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:47 PM   #93
ROCSteady
#BeatDemBoyz HTTR

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really think Vick's gunna have a dissapointing season considering the hype and new contract. Not saying he's gunna be BAD but not doin what he did last season. I think he's be uncomfortable behind that line from a pocket passing standpoint. I'm sure he'll make plays with los zapatos but I don't see him impressing me vertically as often as last season
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #94
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Cut: Chris Wilson, Jamar Wall, AQ Shipley, Rod Harper, Rashad Jeanty, Cornelius Ingram, Dallas Reynolds, Graig Cooper, Stanley Havili

Have to cut 18 more by 6pm tomorrow. I'm hoping we're able to trade Joselio and get value for him instead of cutting him, but teams likely know they can get him off waivers.

I would guess these guys get cut:

Juqua Parker
Eldra Buckley
Daniel Teo'Nesheim
Johnnie Lee Higgins
Chad Hall
Marlin Jackson
Cedric Thornton
Julian Vandervelde
Jose Acuna
Fenuki Tupou
Colt Anderson
Greg Lloyd

Bubble, but I think they stay:

Sinorice Moss
Philip Hunt
Mike McGlynn
Anthony Hargrove

On the extreme bubble:

Trevor Laws
Trevard Lindley
Derek Landri
Donald Lee

Donald Lee and Landri are tough ones as they've played well enough to make the team but there's limited room. Lee had some nice efforts last night that had Andy hyped but I can't see them letting go of Harbor.

Hunt had 3 sacks in 4 preseason games. He not only found his way on to the team but likely will get some snaps each game.

I think Sinorice Moss won the job over Hall and Higgins last night. He had a 30 yard punt return vs. Chad Hall who fumbled one, and 3 catches/49 yards to Halls 2/22 and a TD. Dion Lewis took Higgins' kick return job last night and had a 40 yard return. Hall actually had 2 fumbles last night but I forget the other.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #95
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Eagles are going to be all about the offensive line. If it plays well, Vick can be a pocket passer, use his legs only when he needs to, and that offensive becomes practically unstoppable. He'll be healthy too, not having to run as much. If it plays well, this is a team that not only could go to the Super Bowl, but i think will.

If it plays poorly (if it dosen't look better than pre season), Vick will need to run out of necessity as opposed to opportunity, he'll get hit a lot, and probably be hurt/hurting by end of year, and this team will be nowhere near a title contender.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #96
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The Eagles are going to be all about the offensive line. If it plays well, Vick can be a pocket passer, use his legs only when he needs to, and that offensive becomes practically unstoppable. He'll be healthy too, not having to run as much. If it plays well, this is a team that not only could go to the Super Bowl, but i think will.

If it plays poorly (if it dosen't look better than pre season), Vick will need to run out of necessity as opposed to opportunity, he'll get hit a lot, and probably be hurt/hurting by end of year, and this team will be nowhere near a title contender.

Eagles have an unproven, untested defensive coordinator after getting rid of Sean Mcdermott after 1 season. Eagles LB core is young and inexperienced. Their performance from run defense, pass rush and pass coverage will be tested. Eagles play calling and especially game management is a concern. Will it be the same ole Eagles when it matters or will they adjust and execute?

If the OL holds up fo Vick the offense could do some numbers. But there are other issues this team has that could keep them from reaching the SB let alone winning it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #97
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

I like Clayton and Rolle. I think they will both be starting midseason.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #98
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Also we should sign Brandon meriweather. Meriweather, Coleman, aso, zant. That would be the best secondary in the game, f the packers
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #99
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Question for Philly people. Aside from all the media hype, how are the fans as a whole approaching this season? Are guys thinking "Super Bowl or bust" or just taking the wait and see approach?

I just get this idea that you are overconfident about the Eagles' chances. Hey, I could be wrong.hb
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #100
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eagles final cuts via Profootballtalk:

Quote:
We’ve already mentioned some of the big names to get cut by the Eagles Saturday: cornerback Joselio Hanson, wide receiver Sinorice Moss, guard Max Jean-Gilles, defensive linemen Anthony Hargrove and Derek Landri.

Philadelphia completed the story Saturday evening by announcing all their cuts and roster moves, including moving last year’s first round pick Brandon Graham to the PUP list. Graham’s move doesn’t come as a surprise.

The team also activated Winston Justice from the PUP list and released tackle Ryan Harris with an injury settlement.

The rest of the players cut by Philly:

Safety Jamar Adams, running back Eldra Buckley, wide receiver Chad Hall, wide receiver Johnnie Lee Higgins, offensive tackle Austin Howard, safety Marlin Jackson, tight end Donald Lee, linebacker Greg Lloyd, offensive guard Mike McGlynn, defensive end Daniel Te’o-Nesheim, offensive lineman Fenuki Tupou, and offensive lineman Reggie Wells.

Te’o-Nesheim’s release is a surprise. He’ll land on the practice squad if another team doesn’t pick him up. Wells’ release is a sign that the Eagles feel a little better about their offensive line.

Jose Acuna was released from on the Reserve/Left Squad list.

link
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #101
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

It was a 3 man race with Hall, Moss, and Higgins and they all lost. I thought Moss played well enough to win the job in the last game but apparently not. I guess Dion Lewis kick returns for us now (he did the last game) but what about punt returns? It can't be DeSean. Dion there too? He's the only one on the roster who returned kicks/punts in the preseason.

I guessed most of the others, didn't even know Jean Gilles was still here.

Quote:
I like Clayton and Rolle. I think they will both be starting midseason.

Doubtful but I like them too. Clayton is super fast and Rolle has good instincts. Only way either one gets on the field is if Chaney moves to MLB but Rolle is already on the field for snaps in the nickel.

Quote:
Question for Philly people. Aside from all the media hype, how are the fans as a whole approaching this season? Are guys thinking "Super Bowl or bust" or just taking the wait and see approach?

I just get this idea that you are overconfident about the Eagles' chances. Hey, I could be wrong.hb
Anytime we have a team that can make the playoffs it's super bowl or bust. It's been that way for a decade and likely won't change. You can go on prosportsdaily.com or philly.com and read some comments from a fanbase that isn't expecting much.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #102
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Isn't Joyner one of our coaches now? I remember him saying last year he wanted our LB coaching job but don't think we gave it to him. Seems like he got the same title as whatever Duce Staley has.

Edit: NVM he wasn't hired but here's the quotes:

Quote:
"If granted the opportunity, I would love to come back to Philly to coach and pass on my linebacking knowledge to this good group of young Eagles LBs," Joyner told me back in late January.

Joyner also went on 610-WIP to tell Angelo Cataldi and his crew why he believes he could pull off being an NFL coach despite no prior experience.

"I might not have coached on the pro level. I might not have coached on the collegiate level, but I played football for 13 years," Joyner said per Sheil Kapadia of Moving the Chains. "That is my experience. From an X's and O's standpoint, anyone can learn X's and O's. I can teach anyone the game from an X's and O's standpoint. And I can learn any defense because I played in every single defense.

I played for Bud Carson. I played for Buddy Ryan. I played for Fritz Shurmur. I played under Wade Phillips. Wade Phillips had a lot to do with my development as a linebacker. I played for Jeff Fisher. He was my linebackers coach for two years.

I played under some of the greatest minds that the NFL has ever seen. And what they've done is they've taken their wisdom and their knowledge and planted it inside of me and showed me how to play the game."

Last edited by StateProperty : 09-03-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #103
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

signed Akeem Jordan to a 2 year deal, he was already on a 1 year deal. it's likely he was extended a year so they could cut his salary in the 1st.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #104
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

oh, and DeSean is listed as our punt returner for week 1 at least
Old 09-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #105
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Danny Watkins has lost his job to Kyle DeVan, formerly of the Colts, who was claimed the other day. DeVan was coached by Mudd in Indy.

Joselio Hanson has returned to the Eagles and Lindley was cut. Great move. Hanson was cut since he had 7.6 mil (over 3 years) left on his deal, now he re-signs on a cheap 2 year deal.

Hanson had a great '11 year in the slot and only adds to the crazy depth at the position.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: