Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 02:04 AM   #1
Kobe4life
Banned
 
Kobe4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mexifornia
Posts: 1,961
Default Arenas responds to Kobe's comments

You know, at the end of the day, all the shots that I take I practice. It's not like I just go into the game just throwing up shots. I work hard. I'm in the gym every day. I practice my shots. Before every game I shoot 100 threes. You know, I get to the gym, I shoot 100 threes so I feel comfortable taking the shots I take.
Out of that whole game I probably took two bad shots. And, for me not to have a conscience? You're right. When you're an assassin, you don't have a conscience. At the end of the day I thought he didn't have a conscience, but I guess he does.
For the best player in the league to downplay what I did... I guess, I don't know. I give him all the respect in the world. He is the No. 1 player in the league, by far. It's like that. You don't need to try to shadow box my 60. It was one of them nights when I was clicking and everything was going in so, I ended up having 60. That's all there is to it.
What a humble dude, definitely think he was being genuine and the bigger man in this situation. Even if other's don't think this was a big deal, I felt it was, I think it brought out a sore loser side of Kobe that I haven't seen a very long time.
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:05 AM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,914
Default

Wow, this is ummm, just a little late.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:08 AM   #3
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,114
Default

Welcome to last week.

When I read the title I thought Gilbert responded to Kobe's comments yet again when Kobe sort of took back what he said.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:13 AM   #4
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,766
Default ...

Gilbert wishes he was half the competitor Kobe was. After choking away free throws in the Cavs series, all he did was laugh his way back to the huddle, than laugh about it in post game. I would rather him show a little fire, but he would just laugh it off.

Truth is Kobe could less about Gilbert Arenas, he will never get to Kobe's level as a player or a winner. Kobe is past the point where he has to put up numbers. If Kobe was putting up GA's numbers right now and his team had GA record he would get hung by the media on the daily basis.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:25 AM   #5
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Gilbert wishes he was half the competitor Kobe was. After choking away free throws in the Cavs series, all he did was laugh his way back to the huddle, than laugh about it in post game. I would rather him show a little fire, but he would just laugh it off.

Truth is Kobe could less about Gilbert Arenas, he will never get to Kobe's level as a player or a winner. Kobe is past the point where he has to put up numbers. If Kobe was putting up GA's numbers right now and his team had GA record he would get hung by the media on the daily basis.

difference is GA has done it in wins against better teams.

Kobe big nights more often than not come against weaker foes or pretenders like the Raptors or in a loss.

And if GA was half the competitor Kobe was how did Kobe let him walk into his house, steal a win and flat out ball him???

Oh I guess you'd say the regular season doesn't matter, huh?

When was a time Kobe every made any noise in the playoffs without Shaq...?

Hmmm...?

NEVER
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:31 AM   #6
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
difference is GA has done it in wins against better teams.

Kobe big nights more often than not come against weaker foes or pretenders like the Raptors or in a loss.

And if GA was half the competitor Kobe was how did Kobe let him walk into his house, steal a win and flat out ball him???

Oh I guess you'd say the regular season doesn't matter, huh?

When was a time Kobe every made any noise in the playoffs without Shaq...?

Hmmm...?

NEVER

I love how you assume how I would answer the question, and make a response on that assumpion. Very interesting way of having a discussion.

I guess scoring 62 in 3 quarters against Dallas was nothing compared to scoring 60( 16 in OT ) v. what you call a 7 or 8th seed....

And I dont think its fair to compare Gilbert to Kobe because it just isnt close... two different caliber of talents.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:35 AM   #7
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
I love how you assume how I would answer the question, and make a response on that assumpion. Very interesting way of having a discussion.

I guess scoring 62 in 3 quarters against Dallas was nothing compared to scoring 60( 16 in OT ) v. what you call a 7 or 8th seed....

And I dont think its fair to compare Gilbert to Kobe because it just isnt close... two different caliber of talents.

I kinda like how I assumed too, bang on wasn't it?

No GA doesnt equal Kobe yet, but he is only 24, he's hungry, and he obviously has you Kobe groupies looking over your back cuz you just cant stop taking a shot at him every time his name pops up.

Damn Younggrease, GA may even become your new Steve Nash.

Have you found a new all star to dog?

Funny how Kobe groupies knock others for shot selection and style of play.

Self-loathing I guess
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:39 AM   #8
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,766
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I kinda like how I assumed too, bang on wasn't it?

No GA doesnt equal Kobe yet, but he is only 24, he's hungry, and he obviously has you Kobe groupies looking over your back cuz you just cant stop taking a shot at him every time his name pops up.

Damn Younggrease, GA may even become your new Steve Nash.

Have you found a new all star to dog?

Funny how Kobe groupies knock others for shot selection and style of play.

Self-loathing I guess


Assuming stuff again... I actually like GA but I like him for what he is and will always be.... a 2nd tier player. Kobe shouldnt have said anything but I have nothing against the guy( i love the way he can explode and score, but I also think he plays out of control), I actually plan on going to the next game against the Lakers in Washington, to see what happens.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:58 AM   #9
AKA AAP
Banned
 
AKA AAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Gilbert wishes he was half the competitor Kobe was. After choking away free throws in the Cavs series, all he did was laugh his way back to the huddle, than laugh about it in post game. I would rather him show a little fire, but he would just laugh it off.

Truth is Kobe could less about Gilbert Arenas, he will never get to Kobe's level as a player or a winner. Kobe is past the point where he has to put up numbers. If Kobe was putting up GA's numbers right now and his team had GA record he would get hung by the media on the daily basis.

Any common sense GM would take Arenas over Kobe when building a franchise. The biggest difference between the two is the fact that Kobe is a big time cancer who has dismantled an entire franchise.

Also, Kobe is the bigger choker. He shoots under 21% in game winners, shoots around 35% in the last five minutes of a close game, and he QUITS on his team on a game 7 just to make his teammates look bad.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:01 AM   #10
AKA AAP
Banned
 
AKA AAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 404
Default

It's kind of funny that Arenas doesn't even take shots back at Kobe. And groupies STILL find a way to hate on Mr. Arenas. That doesn't suprise me at all, considering the fact that the groupies are the worst haters alive.

Shaq
Wade
Nash
Raja Bell
Mike Miller
Lamar Odom
Karl Malone
Tim Thomas
Ray Allen
Carmelo Anthony
Alonzo Mourning
Antoine Walker
Kwame Brown
Smush Parker
(insert 90% of the NBA)

...and now Gilbert Arenas.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:23 AM   #11
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,421
Default

lol in one corner we got a kobe groupie....in the other a kobe hater

who will win???
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:27 AM   #12
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman
 
ClutchCityReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City
Posts: 1,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
lol in one corner we got a kobe groupie....in the other a kobe hater

who will win???

the hater. it's a lot easier to argue when you don't have a **** in your mouth.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy