Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #16
MrRogers
I airball my layups

MrRogers has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vince Carter makes massive donation to UNC

That's nice of him to do that for UNC after he bailed on his team in 2001 to attend his graduation there.
MrRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #17
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer
I wonder how much he's donating to help humanity

And VC, if not considered a star/1st option, has plenty left in him. Dude's a natural talent and the ultimate role player now.
Donating 2.5 mil is huge, and to be applauded regardless. As for Carter the ballplayer, he's definitely not anyone's first option right now and I can't call a guy who deosn't defend the "ultimate role player." He's still probably starter quality but he's rapidly turning into the old version of Allan Houston.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:34 AM   #18
the_wise_one
Banned

the_wise_one has not been impressing people

I think about his choking.
the_wise_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:26 AM   #19
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

I love Vince Carter. One of my favorite players of all time. He seems like a great guy too.

Anyway, one of my favorite VC moments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYXhLAvgvug
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #20
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wise_one
I think about his choking.
I always thought he was actually pretty clutch. He caught a bad rep for a while with some injuries in the early 2000's and the Raptors debacle at the end has scarred an entire franchise's fanbase. But I didn't think he really choked any more than other stars who have come through the league. In fact, just the opposite, I tend to remember some spectacularly clutch moments from Mr. Carter, including but not limited to the clip posted above.

I guess his biggest unclutch moment could be listed as the shot he missed against Philadelphia in '01. And even further, he shot 6/18 from the field (compared to AI's 8/27). I just watched this game yesterday in fact. Both of those guys faced two to three defenders nearly any time they held on to the ball for longer than two seconds or attempted to make a move to the hole.

It was interesting to watch because on one hand, both players wanted to try to be "the man" for their teams and score regardless of defenders. But they also did a great job of moving the ball when they had to, finding the open man (as can be shown with Iverson's 16 assists and Carter's 9). I think that game was more about every single player except for Iverson and Carter. The better supporting cast won that game. And yeah, Carter had a semi-clean look at the end, but if I had to guess, it was rushed, which I can't blame him for. He caught the inbounds pass with 2 seconds left and after spending time with a pump fake, he knew he had to hurry. But it was an interesting watch nonetheless.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 08-15-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #21
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Whats the story of this video?
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #22
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When I think of his career?
Highlights and Dunk basically.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #23
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
Whats the story of this video?

he built an athletic centre and much of the new portions at his alma mater (Mainland in Daytona Beach, Florida)

over $6 million donated
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: