Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Your favorite SG from 2000-2010

1. Kobe
2. Vince Carter
3. Allen Iverson
4. Tracy McGrady
5. Dwyane Wade
6. Ray Allen
7. Michael Finley
8. Manu Ginobili
9. Allan Houston
10. Eddie Jones

Pick one and tell us why.You can rank all of them if you want as well. Not the best but your PERSONAL favorite.

My personal favorite was Vince Carter. In 99-00 when I became a diehard NBA fan I followed the Raptors a lot (besides the Clips) and rookie Air Canada blew me away.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 08-14-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Your favorite SG from 2000-2010

T-Mac. He's my alltime favorite player because, despite the old adage that "practice makes perfect" he seemed to be the one guy who was legitimately getting by on talent alone (not necessarily true, just seemed that way to a kid at the time). Despite his lack of work ethic, I always thought he tried hard in the games and I thought he was a cool guy too. Plus, I've never seen a player as exciting as him ever. Not even close. VC had the great dunks obviously, but in game, McGrady was arguably just as good with some of the shit he used to do. Also, when he caught fire, he was literally in god mode (see-13 points in 33 seconds. ) The way he scored those 13 points (against a fantastic defensive team in the spurs and in the games last 35 seconds) probably makes that the single most amazing display I have ever seen by an athlete. Ever.
RRR3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe

I love his game, his dedication and desire to win, and his swag on the court is unmatched.

He is definitely the most exciting player to watch when he gets hot, and skills-wise there isn't much he can't do. You can't isolate one part of his game and say "Ok let's make him do this."

The first guard ever drafted out of high school and he blossomed into a superstar by his 4th season. Swagged to the maximum
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has an OK reputation so far

No Dwyane Wade. lol. Seriously?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

Dang my bad. Let me add couple more.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 08-13-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

EDIT: Nvm then lol
Old 08-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Kobe

I love his game, his dedication and desire to win, and his swag on the court is unmatched.

He is definitely the most exciting player to watch when he gets hot, and skills-wise there isn't much he can't do. You can't isolate one part of his game and say "Ok let's make him do this."

The first guard ever drafted out of high school and he blossomed into a superstar by his 4th season. Swagged to the maximum
You Sure? What about prime McGrady?
Old 08-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
You Sure? What about prime McGrady?

T-Mac was very exciting too. But Kobe on a hot streak =

The shots he used to hit and plays he used to make. I mean his game and T-Mac's games were very similar, and they both made scoring look effortless, I just hold Kobe's numerous scoring outbursts in higher regard. T-Mac was definitely a beast though
Old 08-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #9
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. Allen Iverson
2. Tracy McGrady
3. Vince Carter
4. Kobe
5. Ray Allen

Thats the order for me. Even as a Raps fan (not so much earlier in the decade, still watched them but not really a fan of any 1 team) AI was my favourite. The guy left everything out on the floor. I won't go much into him, since ISH hates him and if I do write much else, it will start a flamefest. But AI was definitely my favourite player from the 2000's.

Vince and T-Mac are on par. And then Kobe. And finally Ray. Even though Ray was pretty damn exciting in his prime I never really got into him, probably since the other guys were just too damn exciting, which isn't really fair but w/e.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #10
RRR3
Where the White Women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
T-Mac was very exciting too. But Kobe on a hot streak =

The shots he used to hit and plays he used to make. I mean his game and T-Mac's games were very similar, and they both made scoring look effortless, I just hold Kobe's numerous scoring outbursts in higher regard. T-Mac was definitely a beast though
Pretty sure this beats any hot stretch of anyone ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_CGxj3dHGA
Old 08-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #11
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

AI, as much hate as he gets now and his apparent attitude issues, when he was in his prime he was ridiculous and one of my favorite players.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #12
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Kobe, T-Mac, Iverson, Carter, Ray Allen, Wade, this era is full of great shooting guards.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i never had a favorite sg

i have one now though its james harden
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #14
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Kobe by far.

I mean what other player in that list has close to 5 titles?
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #15
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would also like to mention that while Roy was healthy, he was my favourite shooting guard in the league to watch, maybe not on the level of the others, but still amazing.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: