Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Default Would a swap for Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook benefit both teams?

It was on ESPN.com so I know it would benefit the Thunder but would it make the Hornets better? I think Westbrook is a shooting guard.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Default Re: Would a swap for Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook benefit both teams?

It would benefit the Thunder. Media never makes swap suggestions to help the Hornets. Never.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Default Re: Would a swap for Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook benefit both teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
It would benefit the Thunder. Media never makes swap suggestions to help the Hornets. Never.

haha lmaoo. I mean make Jarret Jack the point guard I think it could work. Westbrook is like a poor man's DWade.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
Copperhead
Local High School Star

It would benefit the Thunder. Westbrook is a chucking turnover machine.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
ZaaaaaH
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
It was on ESPN.com so I know it would benefit the Thunder but would it make the Hornets better? I think Westbrook is a shooting guard.

No doubt Thunder becomes better with a player like CP3 passing ability and Playing making will make it easy for Harden and Durant to get more open looks.

As for RW his not gonna make the Hornets better but he will become better player as individual long as he keeps working hard. RW has the Potential to be a potent scorer but his vision as a PG is just not there. RW averages about 3 assist off Durant just about every game on easy fastbreak points or KD just launching it from deep 3.

I can agree its good for both teams since CP3 needs/want to win Now and RW wanting to be the Man of his own team. But I really like the Thunder squad right now since they been doing this together from the start and RW is just gonna get better.
ZaaaaaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
It would benefit the Thunder. Westbrook is a chucking turnover machine.
Correct. The only reason the Hornets are ever decent is because of their PLAYMAKING PG who is considered by many the best in the NBA. They are only a decent team with him Imagine them with a young inexperienced PG who is known to chuck up shots and lose the ball. Thunder would have to add for it to be fair.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

It would be a great deal for both teams. Paul is leaving New Orleans for sure. No way he stays.

Paul on the Thunder makes them much much much better. He's a perfect fit at pg alongside players like Durant and Harden....he also makes them better defensively. But his real value would be in late game situations. He's one of the best crunch time players in the league. He can get his own shot whenever and he's a great setup man...he also plays great defense. This is exactly what the Thunder need.

RW would fit better as the main superstar on a team anyway. He's good enough to carry the scoring load and be more of a Rose type player.....the Hornets are a great fit for him.

Both teams make out great on a deal like this in my opinion.
DMAVS41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
catch24
phal5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
It would be a great deal for both teams. Paul is leaving New Orleans for sure. No way he stays.

Paul on the Thunder makes them much much much better. He's a perfect fit at pg alongside players like Durant and Harden....he also makes them better defensively. But his real value would be in late game situations. He's one of the best crunch time players in the league. He can get his own shot whenever and he's a great setup man...he also plays great defense. This is exactly what the Thunder need.

RW would fit better as the main superstar on a team anyway. He's good enough to carry the scoring load and be more of a Rose type player.....the Hornets are a great fit for him.

Both teams make out great on a deal like this in my opinion.

Agreed.
catch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
mattvNJ
Local High School Star

i love this idea... i dont really see westbrook helping the thunder much longer, and he could be the man for the Hornet which is apparent as to what he wants. so i think this would be smart for both players. Not teams as i feel the hornets would be losing by a lot on this one.
mattvNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
xcesswee
I rule the local playground

Great for the Thunder. I rather see him play on the Thunder than Knicks.
xcesswee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #11
JaskoX1
Made that high school varsity squad

Swap Baron Davis for Wicked Westbroke and you get better results, Kevin Durant MVP etc. etc.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #12
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

CP3 and Durant might lead the NBA in Scoring and Assists per Game, but most importantly they are going to be heavily favor againts the aging veteran teams.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-09-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #13
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

Chris Paul would boost Durant's numbers up to like 34 ppg on like 55% shooting. He'd also turn Ibaka and Harden to close to all stars. That's how much I respect CP. He has that same ability as Nash to turn average players good and good players great. That's why I think when he comes to the Knicks we'll be the best team in the NBA
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
knickswin
Decent college freshman

I actually don't see Paul thriving on the Thunder. They would definitely need a new coach because this whole waiting-for-Kevin-Durant-to-get-around-a-screen-or-else-improvise-something does not mesh with his game at all. He needs a PnR heavy system to thrive.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #15
necya
Local High School Star

this is an interesting question, i don't see the duo of Oklahoma City finding success. Westbrook as enough ego to consider himself being the man of his team and would be happy to take 22 shots per game. Paul would feat a lot better with Durant.
necya is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: