Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-24-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation
Default I think the new ball may have had something to do with our loss.

So yesterday I was walking down to the gym to play ball, and my ball accidently got in water. I didn't dry it, and when I was playing, the ball would dribble and slide on the floor so it wouldn't come back to my hand, and it would be hard to hold on to in general. It looked exactly like the Knicks game last night. I the beginning of the game, Marbury fell on a wet spot which made the ball wet. Crawford and Francis had problems dribbling the ball, and the big guys had problems holding on to it. I think this may have had something to do with the ball.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I think it had something to do with exhaustion.

Mental and physical let down, that's why James and Francis were so important and they came up small.

They had to give some quality minutes and they didn't.

That's why we lost.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:15 AM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I don't think the ball had anything to do with it. Even if they were exhausted from playing so many games undermanned they still lacked heart. They played without putting all the effort they are accustomed to putting in other games. I think they just wanted to get it over with and head on to the Holiday break. First place was up for grabs. At least Jefferies returns in the next game. James is terrible and I expect nothing from him Francis is nothing compared to the Rockets/Magic tenures he's had. They just got our hopes up and let us down. I smell a losing streak coming up. A long one.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #4
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I hope not.

But Zeke has to see the bench is the place for James and Francis. For that matter you shouldn't even dress them.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:33 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Thank god we have a three day break, gives our players some breathing time. Isiah gave them a two day vacation, how nice of him.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Thank god we have a three day break, gives our players some breathing time. Isiah gave them a two day vacation, how nice of him.

Not only the three day break but Jefferies finished with his suspension. Another body. This one ACTUALLY hustles and shows heart. I have a good feeling about his return. More D in the mix. Hurray for the end of suspensions!!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:25 PM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Not only the three day break but Jefferies finished with his suspension. Another body. This one ACTUALLY hustles and shows heart. I have a good feeling about his return. More D in the mix. Hurray for the end of suspensions!!!
Yup, while Yellow Melo's still doing whatever he's doing until the 20 of January
Old 12-26-2006, 05:39 PM   #8
joshk
i clog mad toilets

joshk has an OK reputation so far

I havent even used the new ball yet, does it really cut up your hands?
joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #9
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshk
I havent even used the new ball yet, does it really cut up your hands?
I havent used it either, but it only cuts your hands once in a while, and it probably wouldnt make a difference; the real problem is that it gets really slippery when it gets wet(sweat), it also is easier to shoot, so it makes quite a difference in the game.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #10
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

I played with the ball at a park once. It had rained the day before so the court was still a little wet. And while we were playing it got wet, and from that point on it was very hard to control the ball and even hard to catch a quick pass, and even when you dry the ball its still slippery.

If you have even played with a "Neverflat" ball, they are just like those.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: