Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #31
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation
Default Re: 2nd Annual ISH Fantasy Football Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
what exactly does this mean?

I think he is saying that there should not be three payout spots. Only first and second should get money.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #32
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

maybe 1st should just get $600...seeing as it would be extremely difficult to win 1st without winning a few weekly payouts as well
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #33
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
I think he is saying that there should not be three payout spots. Only first and second should get money.
I agree.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #34
Presence
I airball my layups

Presence is considered somewhat coolPresence is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO

I'm not arguing the amount of payout spots. I just said I agreed with the OP.
Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #35
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
maybe 1st should just get $600...seeing as it would be extremely difficult to win 1st without winning a few weekly payouts as well
WTF?! That is nonsense.

The winner should receive AT LEAST half of the pot.

700 seems low.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #36
Presence
I airball my layups

Presence is considered somewhat coolPresence is considered somewhat cool

The amount of money in the league was doubled from last year, yet the pot for 1st place only gained $200. That seems kind of weird to me. 2nd shouldn't get as much as it is right now. Last year was a total of $600, 1st place $400, 2nd, $200. This year It's 1200 but the winner only gets 50%? That' f*cking retarded.
Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #37
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presence
The amount of money in the league was doubled from last year, yet the pot for 1st place only gained $200. That seems kind of weird to me. 2nd shouldn't get as much as it is right now. Last year was a total of $600, 1st place $400, 2nd, $200.
I loved last years payouts.

Last year was 400 to the winner, 100 to top points, and 100 to 2nd place.

I finished as the winner and top point scorer
Old 08-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #38
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I loved last years payouts.

Last year was 400 to the winner, 100 to top points, and 100 to 2nd place.

I finished as the winner and top point scorer
Double those and call it a day.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #39
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty

Can't because of weekly payouts. Id rather just double last years but everybody voted for the weekly payouts so we have to work around that.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #40
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
that would be awesome. that gets my vote for sure.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #41
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Can't because of weekly payouts. Id rather just double last years but everybody voted for the weekly payouts so we have to work around that.
lets just scrap the weekly payouts.

so far we have 3 votes for

1st 800, 2nd 200, and top points 200.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #42
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Old 08-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #43
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
why should third get anything? 50 dollar is more then fair for being the second loser.
Disagree.

In every money league that I have ever played in, third place has gotten their money back. I think that is fair. Plus, we have more cash to go around this year. I think we should attempt to make it as interesting as possible for more than just the two best teams. Having a second game be for a very small cut enhances the league.

I also think that $700/$266 is PLENTY of cash for the champ/runner-up. Maybe we can take something away from one of the others to kick second up to $300, but I personally don't want to go beyond that. The Top 2 getting a combined $1,000 is plenty fair.

But, I'm certainly willing to do this the democratic way.

We've decided on weekly payouts. That $130 is now off limits (if we have 13 weeks).

But, everything else is up for debate. So, why don't we do this the 'majority rules' way? We will start with the third place game and figure out how much money we will have for most points or the Top 2.

Third Place should:

A. Get money back ($100)
B. Get $50 back
C. Get nothing back
D. Get more than $100 back

I vote A.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 08-14-2011 at 07:01 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #44
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

vote C
Old 08-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #45
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Disagree.

In every money league that I have ever played in, third place has gotten their money back. I think that is fair. Plus, we have more cash to go around this year. I think we should attempt to make it as interesting as possible for more than just the two best teams. Having a second game be for a very small cut enhances the league.

I also think that $700/$266 is PLENTY of cash for the champ/runner-up. Maybe we can take something away from one of the others to kick second up to $300, but I personally don't want to go beyond that. The Top 2 getting a combined $1,000 is plenty fair.

But, I'm certainly willing to do this the democratic way.

We've decided on weekly payouts. That $120 is now off limits.

But, everything else is up for debate. So, why don't we do this the 'majority rules' way?

Third Place should:

A. Get money back ($100)
B. Get $50 back
C. Get nothing back

I vote A.
Why can't we just cancel the weekly payouts if more then half of the league agrees to?

I vote C.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: