Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #16
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

For the people suggesting I require a job, thank you for the advice, I'm sure at one point I indeed will seek employment, but until then I'm going to school, stuck in a dorm room with no television.

That is why I want to hook my ps2 up to my laptop. I don't have a monitor to bring with me, nor can I buy one because I don't want to clutter my room.

Smartass comments aside, can anyone actually give me some help? Bigkingsfan I really appreciate your help, but I need to know the basics of the thinger before buying one.. i.e. is it like a special extention cord or is it a chip or what... thanks in advance.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:04 PM   #17
machi
I airball my layups

I was in the same situation as you, since I live on campus. There's a thing called Gamebridge, made by Adaptec I think. Look it up. I got mine for like 15 bux (canadian). it works ok, its definitely a little slower than a TV, but it's playable.

Hope that helps.
machi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:10 PM   #18
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Thanks bro! When you say it is slower... how can that be? There is lag?
Old 12-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #19
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

I looked it up, and it certainly looks viable. Thanks a lot again. Now I just need to figure out 2 things: a) will it work with my Dell laptop, and b) How I'm going to get one... I can't do it online for various reasons
Old 12-24-2006, 07:48 PM   #20
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Another one lets me download streaming videos like on YouTube.
where do you get this?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:52 PM   #21
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bump.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #22
machi
I airball my layups

Hey Bourne

I'm not exactly sure why there is lag, I'm not much of a computer/technology wiz. The gamebridge is basically an adaptor that connects to your laptop via USB (if you got your dell has a USB 2.0 port, you'll be fine.) This is probably the reason why it lags too, since the USB is probably a slower connection than whatever's on the TV. Just my theory. I've only played GT4 on it, and the lag has always been playable. Also, the sound quality isn't that great either, depending on the computer. On older ones there might be more static.

You're from Toronto too right? I got mine at a place called Canada Computers (http://www.canadacomputers.com/), although I hear they don't carry those anymore. I've seen some on EBay as well, so you can always go that route if that's available to you.

Update: NM, I found a link, here it is: http://www.canadacomputers.com/index...2&cid=CC. 344

I got mine when it was on sale for like 15 bux, so if you're willing to wait, the price will come down. There's another version where you can use your laptop to watch TV as well, but I think that's like 50 bux.

Last edited by machi : 12-25-2006 at 07:57 PM.
machi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: