Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster
Default 11-1-11

Boat Mission

Sneak Peak Trailer

Game Play Trailer

I read an interview with Naughty Dog's producers and they didn't specify about its length but they said we won't be disappointed. I'm hoping it's similar to Uncharted 2 in diversity & length. With roughly 20-28 chapters; from the trailer's it looks really diverse though. I'm so excited, and they also expanded the multi-player mode with upgrades and customizing your characters. Giving them different outfits, sunglasses etc.

November 1st can't come fast enough; I'm going to play U1 & U2 to kill time in my spare time. Also there are some new melee attacks; fighting two guys at the same time, jumping on enemies & attaching grenades to them.

There are also old foes and new foes; they're concentrating on the relationship between Drake & Sully.

I'll be updated this thread as more news are released.
Predicted score on IGN = 9.8.

The graphics look even more impressive then U2; especially character's expressions & faces.

Join in all you Uncharted fans; help me stay updated with this game.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 11-1-11

Yeah, totally pumped. There's a handfull of games this year that I'd like to play, but this is the one that I'm actually looking forward to. Lets hope they hit that release date.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I thought this was gna be about the Wale mixtape... I just thought you put it in the wrong section lol
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:13 AM   #4
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3rd person is lame.

As a big PS3 person, I am not phased at all by this series.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster

The Plane

Diverse scenery

It is confirmed that Uncharted 3 will have a silencer weapon.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

Newest trailer (click on the emoticon).

Old 09-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #7
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
I thought this was gna be about the Wale mixtape... I just thought you put it in the wrong section lol

this
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #8
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

New trailer that was released five days ago.

The Desert

The melee looks a lot more diverse (and more fun). You can throw grenades back at your enemies now, can use the gun as a weapon & I like the new "boxing" technique they added.

Drake can also use miscellaneous objects (for instance a glass bottle) that are scattered around the area. I really like this addition because in the previous titles, it would get frustrated when you're out of ammo and there really isn't an opening for a stealth sequence. On a more difficult setting, you'd get killed if you engaged in a hand-to-hand combat. Now you can pick up a bottle and take out an enemy with one hit and quickly get back in cover.

Also, you can now jump on enemies and break their necks in one sequence, which adds a new technique to stealth. Not sure if there will be a silencer yet, I've seen a demo with Drake having a silencer in his hand but I've yet to read anywhere that it's apart of his weapon arsenal. They have added two more sniper rifles though, which is pretty kick ass.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #9
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

damn that desert gameplay trailer looks sweet

loved the gun bat swing
and the flying macho man elbow

cant wait
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:53 AM   #10
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
damn that desert gameplay trailer looks sweet

loved the gun bat swing
and the flying macho man elbow

cant wait

This latest title is also apparently less linear. By that I mean, you have deeper exploration ability then in previous titles. "We wanted gamers to feel like they're really lost in the desert. - Naughty Dog's creative director for Uncharted series.

Also a quick thing to point out; this game will be as diverse as Uncharted 2 in terms of location. During Drake's latest quest, he will be in a multitude of different environments. Most people keep emphasizing desert, but that's just Naughty Dog's center-piece. He will be doing battle in many different exotic locations and U3 will have the most intriguing opening chapter out of an Uncharted title (won't spoil it).

If I have some time soon, I might aggregate all the features I've read about in one post. U3's 3D technology is suppose to be "evolutionary" as well; they've also concentrated on the multi-player experience. Which hopefully doesn't take away from the campaign mode. After all, that is the heart of the franchise (dialogue, characterization, cut-scenes).

Last edited by rhythmic †hesis : 10-14-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #11
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://gamingeverything.com/10506/fi...-review-is-in/

Quote:
The first review of Uncharted 3 is in. Spanish magazine Playmania reviewed the title in its December issue, giving the game a 9.9 out of 10. This is the highest score the publication has ever provided for a game.

To compare, Playmania gave Uncharted 2 a 9.5 a couple of years ago.

Most folks probably won’t pick up the latest Playmania, but if you do purchase it and can understand Spanish, be warned: the review apparently spoils the end of the game.

The print embargo for Uncharted 3 has ended, so we should see more reviews appearing over the next few days. The online review embargo ends on October 24.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Some summarized details from the first review (via Playmania)

- Combat is showy and spectacular
- One of the reasons things are so spectacular is because of the contextual animations
- Nathan’s actions can change based on the level and whatever is near
- Much attention to detail
- Moments that you won’t expect (like pipes breaking while you climb and other similar surprises that keep you on guard)
- A great game that you won’t find on any other console
- Lighting/shading effects have been given more care
- Some areas that are true works of art
- Epic soundtrack
- One of the best adventures on PS3
- Reviewer praises the dubbing (remember, this is a Spanish review)
- Reviewer seems to say he misses bosses (there are only different types of soldiers)
- Some feelings of “deja vu” (only sometimes)
- Game is so good that the couple of points above aren’t too significant
- Reviewer praised the fact that co-op and competitive multi-player can be played in split-screen, both local and online
- The 3D effect is very successful, one of the best they’ve seen
- 101 treasures and relics invite you to re-play the levels to see everything
- Persecution on foot in Yemen
- The game will tell you the “genesis of Drake” and Sullivan
- Many new features/changes for multi-player
- Co-op has 5 levels, including one of Borneo Uncharted 2
- It’s the closest things to playing as Indiana Jones
- The reviewer says that the single-player mode will take about 10 hours
- The game is a visual spectacle: it’s a game that enters your eyes, you have not seen anything like this on the PS3 or other consoles
- It’s Nathan’s most dramatic and intense adventure
- Shooting takes up most of the action, though there’s still platforming, puzzle-solving, etc.
- Each area is unique
- Great animations: in each level, Nathan has different gestures and details, like staggering in a ship with waves
- The recreation of water in the game is second to none
- If you don’t know Chloe/Elena/Suli, you’ll get lost with plot details, but nothing that’s too important
- The good: graphics, dubbing, situations, gameplay… it’s a gem with almost no weak spots
- The bad: Some levels seem quite reminiscent of Uncharted 2. That’s it.
- The best adventure to enjoy for on the PS3, fun for, technical quality, game options, and emotion
- From an artistic point of view, Uncharted 3 is a marvel; you’ve never seen such terrific scenes
- The puzzles have gained something in difficulty even though the game doesn’t look to make you get stuck
- Uncharted 3 conveys the desolation feeling of being lost in the desert; the game conveys many feelings
- Graphics: Simply one of the best on PS3 (99/100)
- Sound: Magisterial dubbing, effects and soundtrack. A pleasure to the ear (99/100)
- Entertainment: Intense, varied, re-playable, secrets (99/100)
- Length: 10 hours single-player, online co-cop, a lot of re-playability (97/100)

The only big things about this game is apparently it has some reminiscing moment from Uncharted 2; which isn't really a negative to begin with.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 AM   #13
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

The 2nd review is in from a Dutch magazine; somewhat different outcome and slightly disappointing to me.

It received 7 Gold Medals and a score of 94%. For comparison purposes; Gears of War received a 96% in the same issue and Uncharted 2 received 100% back in 2009.

They still managed to call Uncharted 3 "The most compelling and beautiful Uncharted to date." Which kind of confuses me a little by the score they gave. It's not an online review so I don't know the full details. I know the campaign is slightly shorter then Uncharted 2, perhaps that's one of the reasons.

The Spanish magazine went the opposite way; giving Uncharted 3 the highest score it has ever given out in their 12 year existence. They gave U3 a score of 99%; Uncharted 2 received 95% by the same magazine.

Spanish Magazine: 99% (Uncharted 2: 95%)
Dutch Magazine: 94% (Uncharted 2: 100%)

So far U2 is slightly beating U3.

So far are the only reviews available for this game; expect dozens upon dozens review to come out starting October 24th.

I am really anxious to finally have this game delivered to my mail box and I really want to know the number of Chapters that are included in the story-mode.

Last edited by rhythmic †hesis : 10-19-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #14
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

A 3rd review is in from another foreign country, giving Uncharted 3 a score of 98%.

Here's the opening trailer for Uncharted 3.

http://news.punchjump.com/2011/10/20...s-into-action/

There is 22 Chapters and the campaign is roughly 10-12 hours in length. Apparently, the last few chapters are really long in length.

The text in white spoils the amount of chapters that are in Uncharted 3, so don't highlight the text if you don't want to know.

Last edited by rhythmic †hesis : 10-20-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #15
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224506
EnoughSaid is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: