Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #16
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Eli Manning: "I'm in the Tom Brady class"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
this...........but real talks...........he isn't even in Jay Cutler class

KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #17
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He only had high INT numbers last year. People speak very generally on the fact he throws too many INT's, you need to include the words LAST YEAR. He didn't historically throw 25 INT's every year.
He's historically had high INT seasons. Seasons of 17, 18, and 20 INT's. That's high. You'll be consistently around the top 5 or 6 in the league in INT's with those numbers.

I don't have a problem with him being confident but he has to go out and have a good year. You can't make a statement like that and go out and play like shit or you're embarrassing yourself.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:49 AM   #18
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's in the delusional class. If you're confident, then show it out on the field instead of making delusional comments to the media.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #19
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think he's right actually.. He's definitely a top 10 QB but obviously not as good as Brady. Also his interception #'s are truly misleading as half of them are due to his receivers being idiots and dropping passes going straight into a defenders hand.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #20
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Hell no he aint in Brady's league...

Eli is pretty good tho.... his main problem is interceptions.. Ive noticed Eli 'chuckin and duckin' sometimes out there.. thats part of the reason his sack total is so low and his interceptions are so high..

he needs to cut that out

this. a lot of times right before he's about to get hit/sacked he just chucks it up for grabs almost.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #21
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

I kinda liked what he said. I don't have a problem with athletes, especially proven ones giving themselves props. There seems to be this unwritten rule that everyone should go out of their way to be humble all the time
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #22
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

I like the confidence, has me looking forward to something this year at the very least

that being said that comment deserves a facepalm

dumb***
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #23
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All 25 of Eli's interceptions

10 tipped off wr
1 dl tipped
1 retard play fair run shovel idk wtf it was but tipped
1 off bradshaws knee
1 against packers where foot was blatantly out

11 other picks

just saying
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #24
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Yep, Eli had some really tough breaks go against him.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #25
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

oops forgot to post video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUsU...layer_embedded
Old 08-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #26
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat

I didn't watch the whole thing, the first 7 or so and noticed the "tips" were just bad throws. #3 was way too high, #5 was behind the receiver, and a left handed shuffle throw in the red zone? C'mon.

I don't doubt a lot of his int's weren't his fault, but bringing up the tips is just too vague. I've only seen a third of them so far and all of them definitely aren't 100% the receivers fault.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
All 25 of Eli's interceptions

10 tipped off wr
1 dl tipped
1 retard play fair run shovel idk wtf it was but tipped
1 off bradshaws knee
1 against packers where foot was blatantly out

11 other picks

just saying

So 4 were BS, ok. I mean alot of QBs suffer stat wise be it interceptions or completion % from tipped passes via WR. But at the same time, you could easily say some (not all) of those tipped passes the QB could have put it in a better spot.

I dont expect to see another 20+ INT performance by Eli. But sh!t happens, sometimes at the fault of Eli.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #28
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So 4 were BS, ok. I mean alot of QBs suffer stat wise be it interceptions or completion % from tipped passes via WR. But at the same time, you could easily say some (not all) of those tipped passes the QB could have put it in a better spot.

I dont expect to see another 20+ INT performance by Eli. But sh!t happens, sometimes at the fault of Eli.

I don't disagree with the fact that some of balls could have been put in better spots/timed better. But on the other side of things, some of those tough passes should be caught by elite receivers like Nicks or hell, a good chunk of NFL WRs

It was more for those people who (especially in the top 10 QB thread) were bagging on Eli for his 25 picks this past year.

I definitely don't think he's in the Brady class obviously but he is to me, without a doubt a top 10 QB in this league.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't disagree with the fact that some of balls could have been put in better spots/timed better. But on the other side of things, some of those tough passes should be caught by elite receivers like Nicks or hell, a good chunk of NFL WRs

It was more for those people who (especially in the top 10 QB thread) were bagging on Eli for his 25 picks this past year.

I definitely don't think he's in the Brady class obviously but he is to me, without a doubt a top 10 QB in this league.

Agreed
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:13 AM   #30
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I think he's right actually.. He's definitely a top 10 QB but obviously not as good as Brady. Also his interception #'s are truly misleading as half of them are due to his receivers being idiots and dropping passes going straight into a defenders hand.

Uh huh, apparently Eli is the only QB in the league with this problem.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: