Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-13-2014, 05:17 AM   #1
Im Still Ballin
Banned

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Thumbs down The most ridiculous thing about the new Spiderman reboot

Ben Parker died over a ****ing choc milk.

Choc milk.
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:39 AM   #2
KobesFinger
Laker Gang

KobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The most ridiculous thing about the new Spiderman reboot

Andrew Garfield is too cool to be Spiderman. Tobey Maguire was believable because he could play the dork but when Garfield plays PP he's too witty
KobesFinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:44 AM   #3
Im Still Ballin
Banned

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobesFinger
Andrew Garfield is too cool to be Spiderman. Tobey Maguire was believable because he could play the dork but when Garfield plays PP he's too witty
I agree. People say Maguire was the better Peter and Garfield was the better Spiderman. I agree.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
I agree. People say Maguire was the better Peter and Garfield was the better Spiderman. I agree.
I agree with this
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ben Parker died over a ****ing choc milk.

Choc milk.
Because people havent died over more ridiculous thing in real life :/
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #6
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I agree wholefully on this.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #7
BigBoss
Banned

BigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected poster

Group mentality on this movie is hilarious. I don't know at what point where it was not okay to like this movie anymore.

The movie was not that bad. I actually enjoyed it. It was better then Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #8
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoss
Group mentality on this movie is hilarious. I don't know at what point where it was not okay to like this movie anymore.

The movie was not that bad. I actually enjoyed it. It was better then Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #9
NBAplayoffs2001
Floyd Mayweather who?

NBAplayoffs2001 has decent reputationNBAplayoffs2001 has decent reputation

I stopped watching any Spiderman movies after the 3rd one. I remember watching that and when he went emo, I was so confused and lost...
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:24 AM   #10
BigBoss
Banned

BigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor

"Kiss me right now....people don't like intimacy in public"

CRINGE

Or the scene when the guy leans in and says Hail Hydra.

CRINGE.

George St Pierre was int his movie 0

This movie would have been really cool if i were a teenager.

Spiderman had the BALLS to kill off it's female lead in the 2nd movie. What's Marvel done that's risky? Marvel is for kids. DC will crush them with they get their movies going. Man of Steel alone had Avenger's level threat to Earth LOL

Last edited by BigBoss : 09-13-2014 at 11:29 AM.
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #11
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

CRINGE

CRINGE.

Spiderman had the BALLS to kill off it's female lead in the 2nd movie. What's Marvel done that's risky? Marvel is for kids. DC will crush them with they get their movies going. Man of Steel alone had Avenger's level threat to Earth LOL
Lol you're such a fgt
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #12
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

CRINGE

CRINGE.

This sums up my thoughts on Spiderman 2: Electric Boogaloo

link

espite being one of Spider-Manís go-to comic book villains, Electro ends up getting a strangely meek treatment here, and even an actor of Jamie Foxxís caliber canít do much against the tide of effects-driven performance and bad writing.

The major issue with the character is that his motivation to become a villain is so hilariously awful: as Max Dillon, he looks up to Spidey and appears to deeply value an encounter in which the web-slinger saved him. Thus, when he turns into Electro after an improbable accident involving electric eels, he snaps at Spidey just for forgetting his name.

After that, he claims that heís going to cut the power to New York to make the cityís citizens feel just as he did when he worked at Oscorp: powerless. It might just be tough-guy rherotic, but itís unconvincing at best and goofy at worst, making even the frustratingly ever-sympathetic villains of Raimiís Spider-Man movies favourable to this nonsense.

His final showdown with Spidey is easily the characterís highlight, though when he eventually loses to Spidey and disappears into the ether, we feel absolutely nothing.

------------------------------------------

In a movie thatís already busy doing so much, Webb decided to throw in two additional cameos, presumably to set up the impending Sinister Six movie. The first cameo is by way of Paul Giamattiís hilarious performance as the Rhino, screaming and hamming up a ridiculous Russian accent while briefly tussling with Spidey at both the beginning and the end of the movie.

The second is by Felicity Jones in an also-ran role as Harry Osbornís assistant, Felicia Hardy, who will eventually go onto become Black Cat.

The problem is that unnecessary interludes like this just slow down a movie that already struggles to maintain momentum with its long run-time and high subplot count. Neither character is intimately connected to the central narrative at all, and seemed to be included just for familiarityís sake for when the third film and Sinister Six movie show up.

There is so much more, but I don't have enough time in the world to shred that terrible movie.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #13
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As if killing Gwen was ballsy

Hey idiot, Gwen died in the comics, the moment she was introduced in the reboot everybody was already anticipating her death.
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #14
Im Still Ballin
Banned

TAS2 was such a filler of a movie. Such a shame. They wasted some great acting by Watson and Garfield, not to mention their chemistry, on a lackluster plot. The only thing that had meaning was the relationship LMAO. Felt like I was watching a romance. Also, the whole parents secret reveal was pretty underwhelming. Kind of blank.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #15
Im Still Ballin
Banned

Its a shame that they keep letting Sony butcher such a great character. Best superhero along with Batman. Spiderman 2 was a classic.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: