Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-20-2018, 01:57 AM   #1
MrFonzworth
Banned

Default Should Pitbulls be Euthanized?

Serious question, they are by far the most dangerous kinds of dogs out there. They account for more than half of fatalities caused by dogs, and a couple times every year a new story surfaces similar to this one: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mir...g-11719337.amp

There really is no safe way of owning a pitbull. They can be fine for 8 years then suddenly snap and disembody your 6 year old son. Thoughts?
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:06 AM   #2
warriorfan
The Bully

Default Re: Should Pitbulls be Euthanized?

They didnít own it for 8 years they probably beat it for 8 years and they forgot to tie it up one day and it killed a kid...
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:12 AM   #3
MrFonzworth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
They didnít own it for 8 years they probably beat it for 8 years and they forgot to tie it up one day and it killed a kid...
WRONG! Pitbulls have been bred SPECIFICALLY for violence, aggression is in their NATURE. There's SEVERAL instances of perfectly cared pitbulls MAULING their owner after a sudden movement. KILLING is in their DNA.
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:12 AM   #4
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick

Pit bull apologist about to go all out defensive. They're as triggered as feminist when it comes to defending the breed.

Personally I won't judge people who decide to own the breed. But it does bother me when they ask why people are so afraid knowing full well what they bought into.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:23 AM   #5
dunksby
NBA Legend

As a dog owner who has raised and trained four large breed dogs, I admit that I have always been wary of pit bulls, but mostly because of the owners as they tend to be douchebags who are mostly ignorant of basic concepts of dog training. The majority of those who adopt pit bulls are compensating for their insecurities not because they actually want a companion.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:38 AM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good

I have nothing against the dogs (wouldn't own one though), but pitbull owners are generally a bunch of weirdos.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:58 AM   #7
tpols
we already won

i remember going over my friends apartment who had a baby pitbull.. weighed about 45 lbs and they said it still was going to grow to twice that weight. I remember petting that thing and it was so dense and heavy it was almost unbeliveable. I cant even imagine how strong it would be at 90 lbs... they had another bigger older dog and the way it was playing with it, it would bite its throat and swing its head. I feel bad for that dog going forward.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:59 AM   #8
Lord P
Good High School Starter

Those things are not dogs. Literally demons in a physical shell
Lord P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:59 AM   #9
UK2K
NBA Legend

I have an 86lb pit.

He's a bundle of love. He barks at every car that goes by which is kind of annoying, but he's just a giant lap dog. If I raise my voice, he listens.

But my father was also a K9 handler for years, so I've grown up knowing how to train dogs.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #10
Long Duck Dong
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
I have an 86lb pit.

He's a bundle of love. He barks at every car that goes by which is kind of annoying, but he's just a giant lap dog. If I raise my voice, he listens.

If you and your girl had a kid would you still keep it around?

Pretty much what every pitbull owner says until disaster happens. The son of a business associate used to always bring his pit around which irked his father. He wanted that thing gone. His father pleaded with him not to buy it when his grandson had just been born a year earlier. Sure enough, at 5 years old, the grandson was playing with the dog in the yard when the pit ripped a part of his face off. He had like 6 surgeries to fix the damage. The county ended up destroying the dog.

I have no problem with people owning pitbulls as long as they acknowledge that they are ticking time bombs that need much more attention and precaution than a typical dog.
Long Duck Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:38 AM   #11
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
If you and your girl had a kid would you still keep it around?

Pretty much what every pitbull owner says until disaster happens. The son of a business associate used to always bring his pit around which irked his father. He wanted that thing gone. His father pleaded with him not to buy it when his grandson had just been born a year earlier. Sure enough, at 5 years old, the grandson was playing with the dog in the yard when the pit ripped a part of his face off. He had like 6 surgeries to fix the damage. The county ended up destroying the dog.

I have no problem with people owning pitbulls as long as they acknowledge that they are ticking time bombs that need much more attention and precaution than a typical dog.

Why would I get rid of my dog because I have a kid? Lol There are over 5 million pitbulls in this country. How many ripped someones face off last year? Per your chart, there have been 400 deaths in, what, eleven years?

Can someone do the math on that for me. 400 deaths, divided by 11 years is 36 deaths per year.... there are 5 million pit bulls.

Someone help.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:15 AM   #12
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

People scared of pits....

If the dog is trained and loved, then any pit is safe to be around. I have a Pit mix and while she is the alpha dog among the other two I have, she always knows who's boss.

Speaking of death penalties, it should apply to people who use dogs for fighting.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:18 AM   #13
pauk
NBA Legend

Before i continue i want to make sure its known i love dogs, i had dogs my entire life (GSD, Sarplaninac, Italian Mastiff/Cane Corso, Doberman & now a GSD again and have plenty of experience with many kinds of breeds), have nothing against Pitbulls, have against people...

What many Pitbull owners dont know (some know but refuse to accept that their loved family pet has such a trait living inside) is the mental design & instinct of any Pitbull in the world.... its called GAMENESS... Game or gameness is a quality developed through centuries and centuries of selective breeding, collecting & combining the most crazy breeds & traits, interbreeding and interbreeding and all the while conditioned from a very early age to develop traits of eagerness despite the threat of substantive injury, the ones who didnt have gameness were killed, the ones who did continued to be bred... fighting to death / not giving up... so that when it engages it never stops... with complete pain resistance and complete silence...

ANY other normal attacking dog you can stab, poke, hit with a bat/rock, hit the balls, whatever and it will squeek/squeel and run of/stop.... an engaged attacking Pitbull? NOPE... you either need to shoot it, choke it to sleep if possible or plie its jaws open (the latter can work but then you need to control it away, unless it turns on you instead)... its kindof... psychotic....

Pitbulls (APBT's - American PitBull Terriers in particular) have by far highest of it than any dog ever...

A pitbull is actually not even physically the most dangerous dog.... many other dogs have higher bite force or can be more agressive, bigger teeth, just bigger, stronger and whatever, who can cause much more damage... but it has a unique trait (its GAMENESS) that no other dog possess... THAT is what makes it the best fighting dog breed ever and the most dangerous dog in the world...

Its not a natural trait for ANY dog... any other dog (or Animal) that attacks does so for a reason, territory, guard dog duty, dominance, survival (killing to eat) etc.... and then they STOP, with full control, on demand.... a gamebred dog does NOT STOP.... for no reason (except the one it was bred for), it will even continue to munch on the dead body until it completely exhausts itself, rests for a second and then continues, in a fighting scenario here the owner is supposed to come in and take the dog away, but there is no, it just continues to munch (not eat it, not anything), just bite in there, for eternity.... "Locking its Jaws and never letting go" is mental, its that gameness trait... gameness in Pitbulls is a trait that is like a ticking bomb, it may never trigger through extensive experienced & correct work & socialization... for some pitbulls it will trigger, despite that... and for some pitbulls the owner just isnt enough either to negate that gameness anyways...

Pitbulls are the most perfectly designed FIGHTING DOGs, not just physically but mentally.... and its the mentality (gameness) that is the biggest problem, it requires ALOT of work to not trigger that gameness (that IS inside any Pitbull, yes even your coach potato Pitbull) and control it.... and for some pitbulls even that can be to no avail....

A pitbull is a genetic freak made specifically for FIGHTING (whether you like it or not)... i dont support fighting, but unfortunately that is its best use.... especially when you just let its gameness be released from early age...

Can it be a Family Dog? Yes, but it requires THE MOST EXPERIENCE/WORK to negate its gameness.... people/families who get a Pitbull thinking "its just like any dog" think horribly wrong.... "Oh it just requires a bit more exercise, like a GSD or something"... not so fast my friend...

Last edited by pauk : 03-20-2018 at 10:44 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:18 AM   #14
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst

They don't really scare me but I'd still shoot one of it ever approached me aggressively
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:47 AM   #15
Long Duck Dong
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Why would I get rid of my dog because I have a kid? Lol There are over 5 million pitbulls in this country. How many ripped someones face off last year? Per your chart, there have been 400 deaths in, what, eleven years?

Can someone do the math on that for me. 400 deaths, divided by 11 years is 36 deaths per year.... there are 5 million pit bulls.

Someone help.

The odds of actual death are obviously very small. But how many multiples of 1000 are there of attacks and bites for every death?

Pitbulls are insane. When a stray pit(from the neighbor's ranch) wandered into my friend's yard and locked on to his lab, 4 of us beat it with sticks and kicked that thing yet it would still not let go. We then shot it 6 times with a .22 point blank and still wouldn't let go of his lab. Only when we put the muzzle of the rifle up to his head and put a bullet into his brain did it let go. And it didn't even die instantly, it managed to stagger 50 feet more before it dropped dead.

I admit I carry a bias towards pits by all the bad experiences I, and the people around me have had with them.
Long Duck Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: