Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #16
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: The Dragon Ball Discussion Thread

Watching episode 6. Agreed, the Piccolo sagas are epic. But I love the early ones too. I love seeing the original Z-Fighters assemble.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:28 AM   #17
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

I loved the tournaments, and the mercenary Tao storyline. King Piccolo was probably the best though.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #18
Godzuki
I need to relax, smile, take a deep breath, and remember that we are just here for fun

Godzuki is starting to rub some people the wrong way

my big issue with Z is the fights drag out way too long, and a lot of it is filler powering up stuff with tons of shock and awe gawkiing, like every new power up or staring each other down takes like 2 minutes of play out. this is my first time watching all of this and i have to fast forward thru it at this point, at least so much of the filler in the fighting. DBZ has nothing on Naruto when it comes to fighting depth IMO. the great part about it tho is they take it to levels and twists that you can't really predict all of the time.

i think it lost like 3/4's of its humor after Dragonball. altho there are a ton more fights in Z, but it just drags way too much within the fights. i guess some people love that but to me its gotten way too common and i'm still only halfway thru.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:39 AM   #19
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Watching episode 18, its the end of the Training Sub-Saga. The Tournament starts right afterwards
Old 09-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #20
Godzuki
I need to relax, smile, take a deep breath, and remember that we are just here for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Yeah well that's what they did with Kai. They cut out all of the filler. It's just that Kai was so toned down and shitty.

The humor is still there though trust me. It's more serious than DB, but once you move past the Namek Saga there is LOTS of humor especially towards the end of the series.

yeah i just got there with the high school episodes. i like them so far but not as good as Dragonball imo. Goku and Gohan have no personality as they get older, its really annoying to me. i like the writing tho and the scenario's they create and the humor still but still isn't anywheree near as good as OG Dragonball.

whats up with naming a character Satan? is there a japanese translation to that? it just seems an odd name to use for a cartoon. its not a big deal just real odd they'd choose that for a characters name that has no relation to the devil or anything evil really, like its just completely random.

also its pretty dumb to me how Goku's family is poor and worries about money considering Bulma has to be super rich, Goku's abilities, but whateveer, its just a tiny thing i thought

how did krillin have a baby with a android? whatever happened to Launch?

its also tripping me out how much Naruto copied from DBZ, i mean Goku meditating on top of the tip of the mountain, is the same exact scene from Naruto training Sage mode on top of Mount whatever. so many things i'm seeing that Naruto did. i don't hold anything against Naruto for it since its different enough to be its own creation and unique world with great writing but DBZ being Naruto's inspiration is a understatement. i still love Naruto tho
Old 09-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #21
Godzuki

thx for the answers

damnit i should've gotten the Satan connection with him being a liar i was thinking along the lines of evil or devil...i knew there had to be something to that, where it couldn't be completely random
Old 09-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #22
TennesseeFan
Banned

Starting on Episode 29, the first episode of the Red Ribbon Saga.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #23
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
Starting on Episode 29, the first episode of the Red Ribbon Saga.
Love that saga. Goku kicks some serious ass in this one, I love when he infiltrates their base.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #24
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Checking to see if she had a tail Goku wanted to see her ass. What a perv.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #25
TennesseeFan
Banned

This saga is so badass
Old 09-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #26
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Akira Toriyama's sense of humor was excellent until he sold himself out for less comical but easier to sell DBZ.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #27
TennesseeFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Akira Toriyama's sense of humor was excellent until he sold himself out for less comical but easier to sell DBZ.

DBZ is a work of art.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #28
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
DBZ is a work of art.
I like the art of DB and early DBZ more than the rest of DBZ.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:33 AM   #29
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's a joy to watch this show and then go right into DBZ.

That revelation where in DBZ shit gets real when Raditz shows up and tells everyone what's really up with Goku is great. Suddenly the tone is completely different.

I love to see that from Akira.
Timmy D for MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:45 AM   #30
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Are we really doing this. DB episode one.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: