Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #496
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Dragon Ball Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnax1
I'm not sure even Garlic was as strong as Frieza actually. I haven't watched that in forever, but didn't Gohan beat Garlic? Obviously Super Saiyan Goku/Frieza>Gohan right after Frieza.

The Garlic Jr. saga is a filler saga, one of only two filler sagas in DBZ. Garlic is basically a movie character made by Toei Animation, nothing to do with Toriyama's work.

And Freeza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garlic Jr.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #497
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

i ended up skipping the garlic jr saga. Too much for me and i'm itching to watch the cell games.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #498
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

The Cell Games is just Gohan vs. Cell, Toriyama wanted it to sound like some tournament or some shit.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:36 AM   #499
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
The Cell Games is just Gohan vs. Cell, Toriyama wanted it to sound like some tournament or some shit.

I got banned for impersonating Jeff in a rep

Vegeta and Goku had some sweet moments before Gohan took over. Well, Vegeta's was earlier. The Final Flash on Cell ranks pretty high up there on my favorite DBZ moments, and the Instant Transmission Kamehameha was right behind it.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:52 AM   #500
LilBTheBasedGod

Vegeta was always an important character, but considering how many people he killed in his life, I don't think he killed anybody by himself after Android 19. I think he might have killed a couple of insignificant Babidi henchmen, but other than that...

He couldn't even beat a Cell Jr., yet Gohan kills all 5 of them and Ultimate Perfect Cell, shows how powerful Gohan was. Too bad he was ruined in the Buu saga.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #501
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Garlic Jr. was as strong as Frieza in his second form.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #502
LilBTheBasedGod

Episode 35 is one of my favorite episodes of all time. Probably Top 5. Goku gives the epic mercy speech. And Vegeta says my favorite quote from him (and Vegeta has a ton of badass quotes, so thats saying something):

"When I come back to this planet... you're all going to suffer... and when you beg me for mercy... I'll stare into your eyes as I crush the life out of you..."
Old 10-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #503
LilBTheBasedGod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWe4UOgbGM

I bought season 1 and 2 of the funimation dub today.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #504
LilBTheBasedGod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0CRe...eature=related
Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #505
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Vegeta was my favorite character, but it seems like every time I rewatch them I like Goku more and Vegeta less. I guess that's the point, he is the good guy.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #506
LilBTheBasedGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Rock3ts
Vegeta was my favorite character, but it seems like every time I rewatch them I like Goku more and Vegeta less. I guess that's the point, he is the good guy.

I liked Goku up until the Buu Saga. I love how he stepped aside and let his son take over in the Cell Saga. But the way Goku had to go save Gohan after he ascended past everyone in the universe and became Mystic made me sick.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #507
LilBTheBasedGod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DC7b...el_video_title
Old 10-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #508
LilBTheBasedGod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmJyI...feature=relmfu
Old 10-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #509
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Saintsfan1992 has decent reputation

Vegeta will always be my favorite.

Goku was such a ****in bitch.

I hated the writers how they made Vegeta weak. or weaker than Goku.
Saintsfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:02 AM   #510
FF1
Serious playground baller

FF1 is considered somewhat coolFF1 is considered somewhat coolFF1 is considered somewhat cool

When I was a kid I was a huge DBZ fan, but I had never watched past the Buu Saga (or any of Dragonball) so this thread definitely caught my interest.

Dragonball was awesome.. really enjoyed that.

DBZ was awesome through Cell Saga...

WTF DID THEY DO AFTER THAT. Bullshit. In the Buu saga, Goku goes from being dad/person of the year (always thinking about his family, especially Gohan, and always thinking about his friends) to a selfish dick bag, abandoning his family and friends for 10 years to go train some Uub kid he just met (sorta) and the end of GT was even worse. Vegeta probably spent more time with his family than Goku did.

Honestly, when he's flying off with Uub and starts talking to himself "Ya we'll train really hard and then when you get really strong we can battle!" he sounds like he has gone off the deep end. Grow the **** up, Goku. You have a grandkid at this point.

Ruined the whole thing for me.
FF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: