Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #571
GOBB_Junior
Banned

Default Re: The Dragon Ball Discussion Thread

Bills owned the Z Fighters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moODp0EXv7k
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #572
Ikill
i be killah swag

Watching Dragon Ball Z really motivates me to workout been working so hard since i started watching this shit.
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #573
BuffaloBill
Thanks for asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill
Watching Dragon Ball Z really motivates me to workout been working so hard since i started watching this shit.

Put any time into the hyperbolic time chamber?
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #574
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Put any time into the hyperbolic time chamber?
Yep doing whatever it takes to get to the league!! i
Old 03-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #575
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
i watched that video and I wanted to believe it but I call bulls**t.

There is no new series confirmed, only new episodes of Dragon Ball Kai which will be released this year, the voice actors already confirmed as much, so I don't know why this guy is saying there will be a new series.

No SSJ3 Vegeta, but he will be stronger than SSJ3 Goku at some point because Bills will slap Bulma...no words to express how stupid I think that is.

Oh and btw Dragon Ball >>>>>>>>> Dragon Ball Z mainly because the story line is better and you don't have to wait 5 episodes for a dude to charge up or transform

The problem with DBZ is that because it got so popular, Akira was forced to continue it at times when it made sense to end it there. It is rumored it was supposed to end with Freiza and Goku avenging the Saiyan race as the legendary Super Saiyan with Goku dying on Namek, or at least as a cliff hanger. When Goku explains how he got off Namek in time, it seems like that was a last minute thing the writers came up with to keep Goku alive (at least to me it seems that way). Oh I was screaming as I was about to die, but then I saw a spaceship falling into lava, so I dove after it, and pressed random button, and smashed at the buttons, and I just got away in time.

The Cell saga made the most sense to end it there. The Red Ribbon Army is a major villain in Dragon Ball, so Gero wanting to kill Goku made sense after he defeated them. He created an ultimate being that had everyone's cells, and was stronger than Goku. Throughout DBZ before the Cell Games, Gohan clearly had hidden powers throughout the series, so it made sense to kill off Goku and make Gohan the next protector of Earth and defeat Cell, which he did. However, people wanted Goku to be the hero. So...

They continued with the Buu saga, and Goku kills Buu with the Spirit Bomb, and everyone lives happily ever after with Uub being the protector of Earth instead, and Goku being the hero. By this arc, the "legendary" Super Saiyan was a "child's play thing," since everyone was basically SS at this point. It would have been much better if they ended the Buu saga with Vegeta's sacrifice since the whole arc was about Vegeta wanting to beat Goku, and letting himself be controlled by Babidi to get more power. He beats Goku (mind you Goku holds back because he didn't go SS3). He realized that his family was more important, and that Goku will always win because of his kindness. Nope, can't let Vegeta be the hero in the end. It had to be Goku.

So point of all this is that DBZ's story seems dragged out and inconsistent at times because the story itself was dragged out for the fans. They had to keep coming up with new stories with Akira working weekly, which he did not like doing. He did it for the fans, and I love him for that.

Last edited by DaSeba5 : 03-24-2013 at 12:22 AM.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:46 AM   #576
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
The problem with DBZ is that because it got so popular, Akira was forced to continue it at times when it made sense to end it there. It is rumored it was supposed to end with Freiza and Goku avenging the Saiyan race as the legendary Super Saiyan with Goku dying on Namek, or at least as a cliff hanger. When Goku explains how he got off Namek in time, it seems like that was a last minute thing the writers came up with to keep Goku alive (at least to me it seems that way). Oh I was screaming as I was about to die, but then I saw a spaceship falling into lava, so I dove after it, and pressed random button, and smashed at the buttons, and I just got away in time.

The Cell saga made the most sense to end it there. The Red Ribbon Army is a major villain in Dragon Ball, so Gero wanting to kill Goku made sense after he defeated them. He created an ultimate being that had everyone's cells, and was stronger than Goku. Throughout DBZ before the Cell Games, Gohan clearly had hidden powers throughout the series, so it made sense to kill off Goku and make Gohan the next protector of Earth and defeat Cell, which he did. However, people wanted Goku to be the hero. So...

They continued with the Buu saga, and Goku kills Buu with the Spirit Bomb, and everyone lives happily ever after with Uub being the protector of Earth instead, and Goku being the hero. By this arc, the "legendary" Super Saiyan was a "child's play thing," since everyone was basically SS at this point. It would have been much better if they ended the Buu saga with Vegeta's sacrifice since the whole arc was about Vegeta wanting to beat Goku, and letting himself be controlled by Babidi to get more power. He beats Goku (mind you Goku holds back because he didn't go SS3). He realized that his family was more important, and that Goku will always win because of his kindness. Nope, can't let Vegeta be the hero in the end. It had to be Goku.

So point of all this is that DBZ's story seems dragged out and inconsistent at times because the story itself was dragged out for the fans. They had to keep coming up with new stories with Akira working weekly, which he did not like doing. He did it for the fans, and I love him for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ys8-sF1NU

ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #577
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000

DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #578
flipogb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill
Yep doing whatever it takes to get to the league!! i

wrong anime, oh wait you mean NBA ?lol
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #579
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Power Levels in the movie The God Destruction

Whis
Bills/Super Saiyan God Goku
SSJ3 Goku (Full powered)/SSJ2 Vegeta (Enraged)
Mystic Gohan
Fat Buu

and the rest of Z fighters

Last edited by Lebron23 : 03-24-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #580
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag0wHaTQYqY

Don't know if this is a real scene from the movie but, Bills fvcks SSJ3 Goku up with 2 taps.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:17 AM   #581
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag0wHaTQYqY

Don't know if this is a real scene from the movie but, Bills fvcks SSJ3 Goku up with 2 taps.

Bills is 10x stronger than Kid Buu.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #582
BuffaloBill
Thanks for asking

**** Bills. I could probably kick his ass. stupid purple cat looking thing.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #583
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Bills is 10x stronger than Kid Buu.
Yea, I read that he was like the strongest fighter in the whole anime, but still, 2 taps?
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:24 AM   #584
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Power Levels in the movie The God Destruction

Whis
Bills/Super Saiyan God Goku
SSJ3 Goku (Full powered)/Mystic Gohan
SSJ3 Son Goku/SSJ2 (enraged) Vegeta
Fat Buu

and the rest of Z fighters
Mystic Gohan doesn't do sh1t to Bills Vegeta does, i think they should be switched.
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #585
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
wrong anime, oh wait you mean NBA ?lol
you think im training to save the world
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: