Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 AM   #61
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Dragon Ball Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbot
I hated the Megavideo limit. I had to find another site, which I did (the url I posted), so I can watch as many episodes as possible. What's even worse is that the Megavideo wants you to use up all the minutes and then wait. You can't "conserve".

Yep. I love animefreak but that is a flaw. They have bad hosts for their videos. You have to run another tab with the time limit busting sites. It's a bit of a hassle.

But to get that good quality with all the shows they have... they have the Darker than Black 2nd series AND the one that takes place between the 1st saga and the 2nd one. I was like
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:55 AM   #62
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will say that ONE thing that GT did that was good was to bring kid Goku back. Cause he's just a pimp, and just one of the best characters in any show when he's a kid. It almost... ALMOST..... makes up for Pan.

No just kidding. Pan is awful and I wish she'd go away.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:09 AM   #63
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Yep. I love animefreak but that is a flaw. They have bad hosts for their videos. You have to run another tab with the time limit busting sites. It's a bit of a hassle.

But to get that good quality with all the shows they have... they have the Darker than Black 2nd series AND the one that takes place between the 1st saga and the 2nd one. I was like

I think money is most likely the issue. That's too bad that there is always tradeoffs. Can't have great quality without time limits.

Quote:
I will say that ONE thing that GT did that was good was to bring kid Goku back. Cause he's just a pimp, and just one of the best characters in any show when he's a kid. It almost... ALMOST..... makes up for Pan.

Turning Goku back into a child was intriguing and is definitely the best part.
I felt that GT had good ideas on the main enemies, but did not execute them properly.

Pan is pretty bad. She's weak and annoying, which makes her useless in the hunt for the Dragonballs.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #64
Godzuki
Banned

Godzuki is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Goten is a lot like Goku but i agree Goku as a naive lil kid is great
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #65
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i was watching the movie with broley last night on nicktoons damn the ending was wack. goku gets power from vageta punches broley in the stomach once right after that they are on a capsule heading home then the movie was over.
Styles p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #66
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Just finished Dragonball. Without skipping a beat, I moved right on to Z.

Can't wait for the Frieza saga.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #67
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
I feel the same way. GT could've been awesome but they just didn't know how to implement the ideas. Another thing that pissed me off was how every hero besides Goku was useless. Like how in the fight against Super Android 17, Vegeta, Goten, Trunks, Majuub (Who's supposed to be the 2nd strongest at this point and very powerful) and Gohan couldn't even lay a finger on him. But then Goku comes in and literally punches him halfway across the planet. So apparently Goku is 1,000,000x stronger than everyone else now. At least in DBZ, other characters had their time to shine. This was even more true in Dragonball where even guys like Yaijarobe were formidable fighters. Hell Tien was the strongest character in DB for a little while.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that. If Majuub made Baby (gay name) have a difficult time, it should be the same against Super Android 17. Miscalculation in power is terrible. What makes GT even worse is the fact that Vegeta knows about Goku's new transformation after the end of Baby, but didn't do anything about it until the Shenron saga.
By the time Vegeta turned SS4, it became pretty much too late for him to kill any main enemy without the help of Goku.

Another terrible thing is how Baby made it easy to get into a Saiyan skin and control them.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #68
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I feel the same way. GT could've been awesome but they just didn't know how to implement the ideas. Another thing that pissed me off was how every hero besides Goku was useless. Like how in the fight against Super Android 17, Vegeta, Goten, Trunks, Majuub (Who's supposed to be the 2nd strongest at this point and very powerful) and Gohan couldn't even lay a finger on him. But then Goku comes in and literally punches him halfway across the planet. So apparently Goku is 1,000,000x stronger than everyone else now. At least in DBZ, other characters had their time to shine. This was even more true in Dragonball where even guys like Yaijarobe were formidable fighters. Hell Tien was the strongest character in DB for a little while.
Toriyama dicked Vegeta out of some victories. He hated Vegeta
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #69
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

I dont hate GT because it was basically a luxury anyway. it was just extra, so ppl should enjoy it. Never watched alot of it but u can tell they tried to give it a dragonball adventure feel to it, but at the same time try to keep DBZ style fights and power.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #70
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Quote:
Oh yeah that really made me angry how everyone except Goku and Uub decided to become a pansy and just quit fighting. Vegeta's life was fighting and training to become strong. Yes I know at the end of DBZ he acknowledged that Goku was better than him, but he still wanted to fight him and become stronger. He just finally accepted Goku as a true friend. They also nerfed Gohan pretty badly. They just forgot about his power up he got from the Elder Kai.

And it was pretty lame how Bebi could easily control the Saiyans. They would get a small ass cut and then get taken over

No kidding. Gohan couldn't even handle Baby's minions and required the help of Goten and Trunks.
As a determined and jealous Saiyan, GT should have shown Vegeta to be training and achieving SS4 during the Super Android Saga.

The Saiyans can't even see Baby coming. Apparently he must be really hard to detect.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #71
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiiu
Toriyama dicked Vegeta out of some victories. He hated Vegeta

But he didn't make Vegeta worthless, which is what GT did.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #72
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiiu
I dont hate GT because it was basically a luxury anyway. it was just extra, so ppl should enjoy it. Never watched alot of it but u can tell they tried to give it a dragonball adventure feel to it, but at the same time try to keep DBZ style fights and power.

They could have at least executed it better. That way they wouldn't get as much criticisms.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #73
kaiiu
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I don't think anyone believes GT was necessarily a bad idea. I was stoked for it. But like you said it just wasn't executed correctly. The concepts and villains were great they were just poorly written.

When GT was on Saturday Night Toonami like 4 or 5 years ago, I used to love it. Then when it got stupid I just used to watch Toonami for Yu Yu Hakusho. Especially when it got into the Chapter Black Saga. That shit was
Dark Tournament> Chapter Black doe. Get hip to Hunter X Hunter boiiiiiii. Made by Togashi to. Just as good and arguably better.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #74
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Quote:
Yeah I don't think anyone believes GT was necessarily a bad idea. I was stoked for it. But like you said it just wasn't executed correctly. The concepts and villains were great they were just poorly written.

When GT was on Saturday Night Toonami like 4 or 5 years ago, I used to love it. Then when it got stupid I just used to watch Toonami for Yu Yu Hakusho. Especially when it got into the Chapter Black Saga. That shit was

The best 3 ideas: Goku turning into a child again, opening of Hell to allow two Androids to combine, and the 7 evil Shenrons. Such great potential. They could have at least allowed 1 huge DB/DBZ fan to look at it and critique before sending it out to the world.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #75
kaiiu
Banned

Quote:
As far as the fights go yeah Dark Tournament was better. But for the sheer deepness and mindf*ck, Chapter Black takes the cake.

I watched a Hunter X Hunter vid the other day. I think I'm gonna start watching it
Iight cool. Sometimes he gets lazy as fvck wit the art doe. It starts out slow but picks up soon. The anime is better than the manga to.Yorkshin arc was the GOAT arc in any manga.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: