Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #1
phanofsports17
Can barely lace up my sneakers

phanofsports17 has an OK reputation so far
Default Buy or Sell

A little game based on the "Around the Horn" segment. When you have answered this question start another one and keep it going.

Buy or Sell: Lakers can make it back to the playoffs next year.
phanofsports17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Buy because the Lakers lost a lot of close games early in the year and that won't happen next season. They'll have a legitimate point guard who can defend. Kwame Brown will have productive season manning the center spot. Turiaf will bring hustle and energy. Walton, hopefully, will work on his perimeter shot. We'll be better than last season and if Odom is not traded and plays like he did post all-star break, we'll make the playoffs.

Buy or Sell
Lamar Odom will be traded before the season starts.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:04 AM   #3
traditionone

I'm going to change my buy or sell question.

Buy or sell
If Buss signed Shaq to a 30 million dollar per year contract and paid Kobe the max, would they have won another title?
Old 06-21-2006, 03:32 AM   #4
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
I'm going to change my buy or sell question.

Buy or sell
If Buss signed Shaq to a 30 million dollar per year contract and paid Kobe the max, would they have won another title?

yes they would have won at least 3 more

Buy or sell: kobe bryant will win three more rings before he retires
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:36 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

Buy or sell: kobe bryant will win three more rings before he retires

Sell. It's almost a little late for him to win however I expect him to win 1 or 2.

Buy or sell: Laker's will win the division next year
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
traditionone

Quote:

Shaq + Kobe = 50 million dollars
That's basically eats up your entire cap.
Add in a few more players and you're at the luxury tax threshhold.
No way they would've won another title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Buy or sell: Laker's will win the division next year

Sell. Phoenix is a regular season team, much like the Indianapolis Colts. They will win the division, but lose in the playoffs.

Buy or sell
The Lakers will make a blockbuster trade (*cough* Odom *cough*) before the season starts.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:31 AM   #7
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

Sell. Our GM said not to expect any big moves this off season. There are only a few trades that could work and none of them seem very likely to happen. Just expect a few signings like marcus banks, a big man, and maybe a back up sg/sf but nothing too serious.

Buy or Sell
The Lakers will have a better record than the Clippers next season.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:36 PM   #8
phanofsports17
Can barely lace up my sneakers

phanofsports17 has an OK reputation so far

Sell- Although the Lakers are still improving and the sky is the limit for them...i dont think they can do as well as the Clippers next season.

Buy or Sell- Kobe averages above 30 ppg next season.
phanofsports17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:12 PM   #9
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Sell. I think he certainly can average 30 ppg if he wants to, but in the ideal world the Lakers will get more talent, and Kobe averages more like 25-28 ppg, and distributes the ball and racks up more assists. They need it.

Buy or Sell - Andrew Bynum will get more minutes per game than Kwame Brown sometime in his Lakers career
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #10
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Sell. I think he certainly can average 30 ppg if he wants to, but in the ideal world the Lakers will get more talent, and Kobe averages more like 25-28 ppg, and distributes the ball and racks up more assists. They need it.

Buy or Sell - Andrew Bynum will get more minutes per game than Kwame Brown sometime in his Lakers career

thats a good one. im gonna buy that. lakers are high on him, for now, hes still a project but im one of the believers that think hes gonna blossom

buy or sell: kobe will end up inarguably being a top 10 player of all time
Old 06-21-2006, 06:00 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
thats a good one. im gonna buy that. lakers are high on him, for now, hes still a project but im one of the believers that think hes gonna blossom

buy or sell: kobe will end up inarguably being a top 10 player of all time

Buy, he has proven so much and doesnt have anything to prove. he's the NBA's greatest closer and he has won championships before.

Buy or sell: Lakers will become a top 4 seed next season
Old 06-21-2006, 08:29 PM   #12
traditionone

Quote:
Buy, he has proven so much and doesnt have anything to prove. he's the NBA's greatest closer and he has won championships before.

Buy or sell: Lakers will become a top 4 seed next season

I have to sell that. Right now, I can see them getting a 6th seed, maybe a 5 if Odom stays and plays the entire season like he did the end of last season, Brown finally plays up to his potential, Banks signs and has a monster year, all our bench players play great. I still have Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio at the top. That would mean we would basically have to finish above everybody else and I don't see that happening.

Buy or sell
Kwame Brown will have more double double games (points and rebounds)than Shaquille O'Neal next season.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:25 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
I have to sell that. Right now, I can see them getting a 6th seed, maybe a 5 if Odom stays and plays the entire season like he did the end of last season, Brown finally plays up to his potential, Banks signs and has a monster year, all our bench players play great. I still have Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio at the top. That would mean we would basically have to finish above everybody else and I don't see that happening.

Buy or sell
Kwame Brown will have more double double games (points and rebounds)than Shaquille O'Neal next season.

Sell, No matter how old shaq will get he will still average about 9 rebounds. something Kwame works extremely hard at. While Kwame might average 15 points and 8 rebounds shaq will average 14+ ppg and 10 rebounds.

Buy or sell: Kobe will win the MVP award next season
Old 06-22-2006, 12:45 AM   #14
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Sell, No matter how old shaq will get he will still average about 9 rebounds. something Kwame works extremely hard at. While Kwame might average 15 points and 8 rebounds shaq will average 14+ ppg and 10 rebounds.

Buy or sell: Kobe will win the MVP award next season

buy...hopefully. hes in his prime, the supporting cast is more used to phil's system. they're all more experienced. theres no reason why lakers cant improve about 10 games than last season, considering they blew away so many close games this yr. kobe will trust his teamates more. stats will improve and he will be crowned mvp.

buy or sell: lakers will make the playoffs and advance past the first round
Old 06-22-2006, 12:55 AM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Buy..especially if they Get a high seeding it increases their chances of advancing.

someone else make a buy or sell topic.i ran out lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: