Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #1486
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Damn busy day for me. In a league where I already have Matt Ryan as my starting QB just traded RGIII (who I drafted very late) for Julio Jones and Steven Ridley.

Big upgrade in WRs for me because I only have Bowe, Lloyd and Britt in that league. It was also awesome to get Ridley because I have Forte and Jackson hurt in this league.

Looks like ill be starting

Ryan
McFadden
Ridley
Spiller
Jones
either Bowe or Lloyd
Pettigrew
Cundiff
Eagles

this week. Who should I start between Bowe and Lloyd though? Def leaning towards Bowe because Pats play the Ravens...
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #1487
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

I would have definitely vetoed that trade.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #1488
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Julio for rg3 straight up is a ripoff and you get Ridley, holy shit.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #1489
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Julio for rg3 straight up is a ripoff and you get Ridley, holy shit.

Hype is a poweful tool

Drafted both Griffin and Thomas late even though they didn't have a place in my starting line-up knowing that if they started off well I could get some serious value for them. Was able to fill some major holes in both leagues for late picks I couldn't justify starting over my higher round sure fire players.

After two weeks i'm in first place in both my money leagues and just got better.

My draft plan has always been to use my higher draft picks on sure thing players and take risks in the later rounds. Let everyone else take risks in the higher rounds (I.E. Doug Martin) and if their risk works out and I need that player and one of my lower round risks does just as well I've got myself a nice trading opportunity.

I spend around 6 picks on risky players knowing that I only need to hit on 2 of them or so and I'll be set because those guys can start while the ones I dont hit on I can replace with hot waiver wire pick ups.

Don't see a point in drafting a guy like Ed Dickson late because you need a back-up TE for your bye week. I like my way better.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #1490
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

What does everyone project Fitz to do the rest of the way? I have a buddy of mine that is super low on him so I'm thinking of putting in an offer. My other WRs are Roddy/Miles/LaFell/Nate Washington in a .5 PPR league.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #1491
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
What does everyone project Fitz to do the rest of the way? I have a buddy of mine that is super low on him so I'm thinking of putting in an offer. My other WRs are Roddy/Miles/LaFell/Nate Washington in a .5 PPR league.

he's a good buy low. i do like fitz. i just don't like his situation. i'm not sold that kolb is a quality QB at all. i thought this when he was on philly when everybody seemed to be saying, 'wow, next good QB'. arizona also seems to run the ball a lot...even when they don't have a ton of success with it. they just keep pounding the ball in there. defenses will also hone in on him.

fitz will be a low end WR1. i don't foresee him getting double digit TD's but i can see 1300/9 for sure. he's good enough to even be a very solid WR1.

i don't know what trade you might be working out, but i say go for it. it sounds like your buddy might be panicking after a couple lackluster games. i'd be happy with fitz as my WR1. he's taken on great defenses and come out with 100+ yard games. roll with fitz and roddy and you have two potential WR1's. then you have miles who might even be underrated. your depth is fine.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-19-2012 at 06:41 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #1492
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Yep I'm trying to figure out what I would be able to package as well. With Hernandez out he's pretty weak at TE so I might try to package something around that. I admit though that even I'm nervous about trying to pick up Fitz with his situation, but I just have to keep telling myself it'd be worth it
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #1493
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

ya, fitz could be a high end WR2 as well. again, just not sold on kolb and they're 2-0 without fitz having big games. pats gameplanned for him but still...he's a good buy low. many times it's just best to go with talent over situation.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #1494
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Start 2:

BJGE @ Was
McGahee vs Hou
Michael Bush vs STL
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #1495
Bane
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bane has an OK reputation so far

I had second most points in my league last week and I still lost -__-

They guy had Foster and Spiller starting and I benched Reggie Bush
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #1496
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Now is a good time to stash Javon Ringer because there's a good chance he's starting by week 5-6.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #1497
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

START ONE

-Anquan Boldin vs NE
-Shonn Greene @ MIA
-Pierre Thomas vs KC

-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #1498
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
START ONE

-Anquan Boldin vs NE
-Shonn Greene @ MIA
-Pierre Thomas vs KC

I don't like any of those too much but I would probably go Greene.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #1499
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Which three should I start in my shallow league :

Larry Fitzgerald
Dez Bryant
Miles Austin
Vincent Jackson
Brandon Marshall
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #1500
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who should I start at flex in my deep league:

Kevin Ogletree vs Tampa Bay
Greg Little vs Buffalo
James Jones @ Seattle
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: