Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #1561
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I'd prob start Kev because Willis goes up against the Texans. Titans rush D hasn't looked good and Kev should be able to get 100 total yds and a possible TD. Tough to sit Willis tho.
How can K-Smith get a TD if he is not in the game any time they are inside the 20? As planned? He's going to have to break a long one, which is not his forte.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #1562
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
How can K-Smith get a TD if he is not in the game any time they are inside the 20? As planned? He's going to have to break a long one, which is not his forte.

Not convinced Leshoure will be as big a part of the gameplan as he is being made out to be. He missed the first two weeks and much of the preseason with a hammy injury and he is still a guy coming off a major injury from last year. I don't see him being much more than a goalline guy for now and I don't think he subtracts from Smith's value much.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #1563
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Not convinced Leshoure will be as big a part of the gameplan as he is being made out to be. He missed the first two weeks and much of the preseason with a hammy injury and he is still a guy coming off a major injury from last year. I don't see him being much more than a goalline guy for now and I don't think he subtracts from Smith's value much.
While I agree K-Smith will not be effected long term by LeShoure (he sucks). I do think this week the coaches will put him in any time they are inside the 20 and its a carry. The coaches said he will get thrown into the fire, and according to credible reports that means around 15 touches, the majority of which will come when they are in the red zone. I don't see K-Smith scoring on the ground this week because of it, however after LeShoure face plants on the touches he does get, his role will get smaller going forward. No idea why DET coaching staff is high on him, but I guess he was a high draft pick last year so they want to try him out - though he sucks.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #1564
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

I made a trade and have an open roster spot.

Andrew Hawkins, Brandon Gibson, Brian Hartline, Greg Little, Mohamed Massaquoi, Julian Edelman?

or

Jonathan Dwyer, Ryan Williams (who I recently dropped)...

Just one of all those players. I split up the potential WR and RB pick ups.

My main two backs are MJD and Greene. Jennings is taken so I can't handcuff MJD. I don't even want Greene, but his back up in Bilal Powell is still available.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #1565
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

i like hartline out of that list. i just think he'll emerge as the main receiver on that team. tannehill was looking for him a lot. if it's a PPR league, i'd consider hawkins. i also like austin collie if he can stay healthy. if he has a big day sunday, you might want to add him.

i wouldn't worry about handcuffs with your RB's. you need firepower, not insurance. i don't know if you can make another trade, but i'd try to get a better RB2. powell isn't bad...rex likes him and greene has been pretty unimpressive so far. if you're going to run 3.1 ypc, any team will grow impatient with that. just keep an eye out for a RB. are leshoure and pierre thomas scooped up?

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-21-2012 at 12:48 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #1566
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Should I play Donald Brown, Peyton Hillis or Mike Goodson in my 2nd RB slot?

Do I keep Kenny Britt in the flex or sub in Gresham or Josh Morgan?

What's the status of Jeremy Maclin this week? I have both him and Garcon

Would y'all play Dennis Pitta vs NE or Brandon Pettigrew vs Tenn??

Am I smart for benching Jay Cutler and puttin in my ace RGIII?

Would y'all start Anthony Fasano or Mercedes Lewis? Aaron Hernandez got hurt on me

Amendola on the flex or Titus Young? Jon Baldwin? Mark Ingram?

Thanks in advance
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #1567
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady

brown. an actual winnable game for indy means luck won't have to throw it 35+ times.

Quote:

britt has the highest ceiling there but i'd be worried about titans' o-line and locker's general accuracy. don't really like morgan and i don't really like gresham much tbh shit, go with britt

Quote:

both are likely game time decisions

Quote:

pitta. love all the targets he gets especially in the RZ

Quote:

very. as far as i'm concerned cutler is a high end QB2 right now. until RGIII shows struggles, keep using him. his rushing allows him to go from an average fantasy day to a very good one.

Quote:
Would y'all start Anthony Fasano or Mercedes Lewis? Aaron Hernandez got hurt on me

lewis

Quote:

amendola
Old 09-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #1568
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:

Thanks in advance
I'd roll with Donald Brown home to JAC. Would stick with Britt, hopefully this is his week, they are going to play him a lot this week they said. Gresham and Morgan are hopeless so you really have no choice. Maclin is out this weekend. Garcon not sure his status, but I would doubt he plays to, but technically a game time decision. I would play Pitta, Pettigrew usually doesn't grab TDs on back to back weeks, and Pitta overall should get more looks than him. RG3 over Cutler not a bad decision at all. RG3 becoming like Cam, hate to compare the two, but even on bad days IRL, for fantasy RG3 should still get points. And we've seen his upside the first 2 weeks. I would start Lewis of those two, but is Myers of OAK available?

I'd flex Amendola in the bottom unless its traditional (no PPR) then Ingram I think he has a good shot at a TD.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:23 AM   #1569
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Julio is going off for 150+ yards + 3 TD's this week.

Well, at this point he has to if I have any chance at winning my week.

I just made a trade for Julio and Jacquizz for my Steven Ridley and Malcom Floyd.

My opponent this week played Eli, Andre Brown, and Marty B.

My line-up after the trade:

QB: Brees
WR: Julio
WR: Colston
WR: Denarius
RB: Trent Rich
RB: Steven Jax
TE: Vernon
Flex: Alfred Morris

Bench: Jacquizz, Greg Little, Ja. Jones, McCluster, J. Simpson, Javon Ringer

Best part about the trade? I flipped Cedric Benson/V-Jax/Pettigrew to a desperate Jason Witten owner for Ridley/Floyd. Now I flipped Ridley/Floyd for Julio/Jacquizz.

Basically, I got Julio Jones and Jacquizz Rodgers for Pettigrew/Benson/V-Jax.

Thoughts?
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #1570
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

overall you improved big time from V-Jax up to Julio
Old 09-21-2012, 04:43 AM   #1571
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

julio's better than v jax obviously but you gave up a ton of RB/TE depth. if any of your starters go down, you could be in trouble. even if ringer eventually takes the starting job, have you seen tennessee's run blocking? it's totally out of sync. they can't create any holes and locker is running for his life. i'm not sure they can justify benching CJ0K given his contract either. that's a lot of money to pay a bench warmer. rodgers has been less than impressive. basically, your team is better but you just gotta hope trent and s jax stay healthy.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #1572
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
decent chance he will end up being the highest scoring WR on your entire team

you saw how much he gets thrown at...he is currently the 3rd highest scoring WR in FF
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #1573
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i like hartline out of that list. i just think he'll emerge as the main receiver on that team. tannehill was looking for him a lot. if it's a PPR league, i'd consider hawkins. i also like austin collie if he can stay healthy. if he has a big day sunday, you might want to add him.

i wouldn't worry about handcuffs with your RB's. you need firepower, not insurance. i don't know if you can make another trade, but i'd try to get a better RB2. powell isn't bad...rex likes him and greene has been pretty unimpressive so far. if you're going to run 3.1 ypc, any team will grow impatient with that. just keep an eye out for a RB. are leshoure and pierre thomas scooped up?

I have Leshoure on my bench as well as Hillis. He's the guy I dropped Ryan Williams for. Oh, I also have Matt Forte. I forgot to mention him because I didn't look at my bench.

Pierre is gone.

My WRs are fine. I can work with Dez, Wayne, Harvin, and Britt. Although Dez Bryant really gets on my nerves.

I think I'm going to pick up Powell just in case Greene gets demoted (I have no idea how close this is to happening) and continue to watch the waivers. I'm last in the waiver order anyway, so picking up Powell is just a filler/insurance with upside for now.

QBs: Cam Newton / Sam Bradford
RBs: MJD / Matt Forte / Shonn Greene / Mikel Leshoure / Bilal Powell / Peyton Hillis
WRs: Dez Bryant / Reggie Wayne / Percy Harvin / Kenny Britt
TEs: Martellus Bennett / Jermaine Gresham
D/ST: Ravens
K: Matt Bryant

Hopefully Britt returns to form. By then, I'll figure out what's happening between Greene, Leshoure, Powell, and Hillis.. Drop one and pick up a WR.

Thoughts on that plan?

Last edited by IGotACoolStory : 09-21-2012 at 01:31 PM.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #1574
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
I have Leshoure on my bench as well as Hillis. He's the guy I dropped Ryan Williams for. Oh, I also have Matt Forte. I forgot to mention him because I didn't look at my bench.

Pierre is gone.

My WRs are fine. I can work with Dez, Wayne, Harvin, and Britt. Although Dez Bryant really gets on my nerves.

I think I'm going to pick up Powell just in case Greene gets demoted (I have no idea how close this is to happening) and continue to watch the waivers. I'm last in the waiver order anyway, so picking up Powell is just a filler/insurance with upside for now.

QBs: Cam Newton / Sam Bradford
RBs: MJD / Matt Forte / Shonn Greene / Mikel Leshoure / Bilal Powell / Peyton Hillis
WRs: Dez Bryant / Reggie Wayne / Percy Harvin / Kenny Britt
TEs: Martellus Bennett / Jermaine Gresham
D/ST: Ravens
K: Matt Bryant

Hopefully Britt returns to form. By then, I'll figure out what's happening between Greene, Leshoure, Powell, and Hillis.. Drop one and pick up a WR.

Thoughts on that plan?

sounds good. you're a little deeper at RB than i first thought. as long as you can survive forte being out for a bit, you should compete.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #1575
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stephen Jackson is listed as a game time decision which is complete BS for fantasy owners

I'm thinking about starting Shonn Greene over him this week...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: