Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #1591
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
decent chance he will end up being the highest scoring WR on your entire team

you saw how much he gets thrown at...he is currently the 3rd highest scoring WR in FF
There is no chance he is the highest scoring WR this week,

He's playing the Bears, they cover really well, Amendola is nice but WASH secondary is putrid.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #1592
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

RB
RB
WR
WR
Flex

Fill in for full pt PPR

AP
Rice
Spiller
Alfred
Tate
McGahee

Greg Jennings
Jordy
Harvin
Amendola
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #1593
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
Julio is going off for 150+ yards + 3 TD's this week.

Well, at this point he has to if I have any chance at winning my week.

I just made a trade for Julio and Jacquizz for my Steven Ridley and Malcom Floyd.

My opponent this week played Eli, Andre Brown, and Marty B.

My line-up after the trade:

QB: Brees
WR: Julio
WR: Colston
WR: Denarius
RB: Trent Rich
RB: Steven Jax
TE: Vernon
Flex: Alfred Morris

Bench: Jacquizz, Greg Little, Ja. Jones, McCluster, J. Simpson, Javon Ringer

Best part about the trade? I flipped Cedric Benson/V-Jax/Pettigrew to a desperate Jason Witten owner for Ridley/Floyd. Now I flipped Ridley/Floyd for Julio/Jacquizz.

Basically, I got Julio Jones and Jacquizz Rodgers for Pettigrew/Benson/V-Jax.

Thoughts?
I think it's a very good deal. Julio is going to be an absolute monster this season and his upside is as high as any player in FF. He played his worst game on MNF and I expect a monster performance Sunday vs SD.

I wish you could have held on to Ridley but your RB situation still looks fine. I think Alf will be a nice flex with rb2 upside all year. I would also look into picking up Snelling as I think he's the preferred handcuff at this point (I'd hold Quizz too). Your team looks really good with no major holes. I expect Colston to get better as he always does as the year goes along and SJAX should be serviceable if he can stay on the field (which he mostly does).

I'd also explore moving SJAX perhaps packaged with Alf for MJD or Mcfadden if he struggles vs Pittsburgh.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #1594
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
RB Rice
RB Spiller
WR Harvin
WR Jordy
Flex Morris

Fill in for full pt PPR

AP
Rice
Spiller
Alfred
Tate
McGahee

Greg Jennings
Jordy
Harvin
Amendola
Wow..difficult to determine a flex here. I rarely like flexing WRs, even in PPR, if I have viable RB options but Amendola could be an exception. If you're looking for the highest upside play I'd strongly consider Morris or Mcgahee but Amendola should/could seemingly catch 6-10 balls with decent yardage totals. At the same time I would not be shocked if Amendola is mostly contained by a really good CHI secondary. I definitely advise sitting AP however. Amendola is the safest play but both Morris and Mcgahee have greater upside. How sick would you feel if one of them scored 2 TDs on your bench? The chance of Danny doing that is slim to none. I'd lean Morris because he has a very soft match up.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #1595
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Wow..difficult to determine a flex here. I rarely like flexing WRs, even in PPR, if I have viable RB options but Amendola could be an exception. If you're looking for the highest upside play I'd strongly consider Morris or Mcgahee but Amendola should/could seemingly catch 6-10 balls with decent yardage totals. At the same time I would not be shocked if Amendola is mostly contained by a really good CHI secondary. I definitely advise sitting AP however. Amendola is the safest play but both Morris and Mcgahee have greater upside. How sick would you feel if one of them scored 2 TDs on your bench? The chance of Danny doing that is slim to none. I'd lean Morris because he has a very soft match up.
Ironically I've had a string of RBs score 2 TDs on my bench. From AP to Tate to McGahee to Bush (who I traded for alf Morris and dalton).
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #1596
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Ironically I've had a string of RBs score 2 TDs on my bench. From AP to Tate to McGahee to Bush (who I traded for alf Morris and dalton).
All the more reason to bench Amendola then.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #1597
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
There is no chance he is the highest scoring WR this week,

He's playing the Bears, they cover really well, Amendola is nice but WASH secondary is putrid.
I meant his entire team for the entire season, not just this week

I think he will finish a top-10 fantasy WR, maybe top-5

He is the ONLY WR on that team and they put him in the slot and just throw to him over and over and over and over...he is like a Rams Wes Welker
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #1598
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No one should be benching Amendola at this week, even if you have Calvin/Andre/Green...fckin bench Green or Dre lol

Chicago pass D really isn't THAT good...curretly ranked 21st
Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #1599
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I wouldn't start Donald Brown.

Our line is absolute garbage when it comes to running the football. We get no push at all and it's not uncommon at all to see one of our guys just get blown up and pushed back 3 yards into the backfield.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #1600
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Being offered Dez and Mendy for Garcon, Andre Brown and Donnie Avery?

Thoughts? No brainer for me? Should I be worried about Dez or is he the ultimate buy low right now?
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #1601
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
Being offered Dez and Mendy for Garcon, Andre Brown and Donnie Avery?

Thoughts? No brainer for me? Should I be worried about Dez or is he the ultimate buy low right now?
take it...Dez just faced one the hardest pass Ds in the NFL in Seattle, he will have many big games this year
Old 09-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #1602
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I wouldn't start Donald Brown.

Our line is absolute garbage when it comes to running the football. We get no push at all and it's not uncommon at all to see one of our guys just get blown up and pushed back 3 yards into the backfield.

what about Coby Fleener
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #1603
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ridley @ Bal or M. Bush v. STL

having a lot of trouble on this one, I think Bush is very safe for 12-15 points, I think he's a sure thing to score. However Ridley can go for 20, and a pair of scores.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #1604
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Ridley @ Bal or M. Bush v. STL

having a lot of trouble on this one, I think Bush is very safe for 12-15 points, I think he's a sure thing to score. However Ridley can go for 20, and a pair of scores.
I think you pretty much covered it. Bush safer while Ridley has higher upside. Is the team your playing have high upside plays? If thats the case then I roll out Ridley, if not, then Bush. FWIW the Patriots have had a lot of success running the ball against the Ravens.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #1605
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I meant his entire team for the entire season, not just this week

I think he will finish a top-10 fantasy WR, maybe top-5

He is the ONLY WR on that team and they put him in the slot and just throw to him over and over and over and over...he is like a Rams Wes Welker
I don't disagree however even Wes Welker with Tom Brady throwing to him was maybe a top 5 WR one time? Amendola's ceiling is limited.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: