Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #1606
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
Being offered Dez and Mendy for Garcon, Andre Brown and Donnie Avery?

Thoughts? No brainer for me? Should I be worried about Dez or is he the ultimate buy low right now?
What makes Dez the ultimate buy low? The fact that he's been just mostly mediocre so far? Hasn't he been just mostly mediocre his entire career? Bottom line is Romo doesn't trust him, he trusts Miles/Witten way more and so long as those guys are healthy they're going to receive the majority of the targets. That being said Garcon could be out for a while so it may be a good move. Donnie Avery I think is the real thing and Andre Brown has earned more playing time.

I'd have to see your team/his team to really determine if this is a good move.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #1607
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I wouldn't start Donald Brown.

Our line is absolute garbage when it comes to running the football. We get no push at all and it's not uncommon at all to see one of our guys just get blown up and pushed back 3 yards into the backfield.
Yeah Donald Brown is a low end RB3 however he has a plus match up at home, so if he's going to be useful at all, it's going to be Sunday.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #1608
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

lookin at last minute replacement for mcclain lb-oak wilfork dt-ne.. choosin from mccoy tb ,dareus buf, fletcher cox phi, sed ellis no, raji gb...linebackers i can get, jerrell freeman aldon smith larry foote demeco ryans
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #1609
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Yeah Donald Brown is a low end RB3 however he has a plus match up at home, so if he's going to be useful at all, it's going to be Sunday.

Thanks for all the advice and confirmation guys. Basically my train of thought was right on point with all the suggestions but it was good to hear.

Esp S/O to Marlo cuz I'm on the edge bout what to do with Brown. This could be put up or shutdown time for the guy.

I've been looking for a new tailback so this dude offered me Fred Jackson for Torrey Smith and one of Donald Brown or Law Firm. Prolly def not giving up Law Firm and Torrey but I could part w Donald's medicore ass.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #1610
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

Hell yea I picked up Myers for TE in light of Hernandez but I've always liked Fasano's abilities too so I kept him and ditched Lewis.

Now I'm struggling with playing AP or Mark Ingram. Good Jah might just stay with AP cuz Ingram has other backs to worry bout. I also have Toby G but Ingram is a goal line back I feel so he could get a TD or 2.

Geez it's obvious I haven't played fantasy in a couple yrs
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #1611
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Thanks for all the advice and confirmation guys. Basically my train of thought was right on point with all the suggestions but it was good to hear.

Esp S/O to Marlo cuz I'm on the edge bout what to do with Brown. This could be put up or shutdown time for the guy.

I've been looking for a new tailback so this dude offered me Fred Jackson for Torrey Smith and one of Donald Brown or Law Firm. Prolly def not giving up Law Firm and Torrey but I could part w Donald's medicore ass.
I wouldn't do that trade either way. F-Jax will be in a time-share when he's back not worth giving up a high upside WR in Torrey and Law Firm. I doubt I'd even give Torrey/Donald, but that is really close.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #1612
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Just got offered Dez Bryant and Chris Johnson for Micheal Turner in a non PPR league. I hate all 3 players involved but should I do this trade?

EDIT:

Someone else offered Miles Austin for Turner. I need another WR and my RBs are McFadden Martin Morris and Bradshaw.

I think the Austin one is better right?

Last edited by Bano114 : 09-22-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #1613
vapid
Paranoid Android

Peyton Hilis or Mark Ingram?
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #1614
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Just got offered Dez Bryant and Chris Johnson for Micheal Turner in a non PPR league. I hate all 3 players involved but should I do this trade?

EDIT:

Someone else offered Miles Austin for Turner. I need another WR and my RBs are McFadden Martin Morris and Bradshaw.

Well, Turner is garbage, so Dez or Miles both is an upgrade. Miles is better than Dez when he actually plays but Miles is incredibly injury prone. If you are gambler go with Miles, safe trade Dez/CJ0K

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Peyton Hilis or Mark Ingram?

Ingram for sure
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #1615
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

EDIT:

I would rather have Miles than Dez but if CJ1YPC is coming with Dez I would take that just in case he decides to show up this year.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:26 AM   #1616
irondarts

Should I start DeMarco Murray or LeSean McCoy as my RB2 behind Spiller?
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:56 AM   #1617
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I would rather have Miles than Dez but if CJ1YPC is coming with Dez I would take that just in case he decides to show up this year.

I have the same thoughts on the situation. I don't have Turner starting and probably won't have either Dez or CJ0k starting either.

The trade I'm looking to take is the one that gives me the guy who has the best chance and situation to move from his current situation, to a fantasy starter this season.

If Turner has the most potential I'll keep Turner.

Trading for CJ and Dez gives a shot a 2 guys who can turn it up.

Miles Austin is a more clear on production and where he'll be this season, but the injuries scare me.

Who has the best season out of these 4 players and why? That's what I'm trying to figure out right now.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:59 AM   #1618
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

Murray has a great match-up. Look what Andre Brown was able to do the Bucs on limited snaps. Murray imo is a better RB then Brown and has a shot at having a big game this week.

LeSean always has a chance at a big game though as well.

It comes down to whether you favor LeSeans ability against his match-up (Arizona) verses DeMarcos ability against his.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:12 AM   #1619
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
TB is giving up 52 rush ypc. Arizona at 102. But damn you can't flex one? Shady on the bench just seems crazy to me if you decided to go that way.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 AM   #1620
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Pulled off a trade.

I traded Wayne, Stevie J, and Mendenhall for Richardson, Maclin, and Britt.

What do you guys think? I needed a solid RB2 behind MJD. All I had was Wells and Greene. I had depth at WR with Megatron and Nicks and gave up my best Flex guy. I still have Holmes. Now I still have Britt and Maclin to choose from.

Oh and a lineup question. I'm torn between Holmes, Britt, and Wells. I need 1 WR and 1 Flex. Nicks being being out hurt me this week so I need two of those guys as starters.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: