Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #1711
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

like Burleson over Simpson
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #1712
Bane
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Bane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 41
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Really tough time deciding who to start this week this is what i got so far
QB: M.Ryan
RB: R.Rice
WR: V.Cruz
TE: R.Gronkowski
D/ST: Cardinals
K: M.Crosby

The rest of my team looks like this
T.Romo
F.Jackson
R.Bush
R.Williams(ARZ)
D.Martin
J.Maclin
V.Jackson
G.Jennings
M.Floyd(SD)
K.Britt

who to start?
Right now I'm leaning towards Ricky Williams at RB2. Fred and Reggie are coming off of injuries besides Reggie is playing the Cardinals. I don't know about Martin vs Redskins though.

At WR I'm really doubting Jennings as he hasn't done anything all season for me. Britt is still hurt obviously and I want to start Maclin but ESPN tells me its risky. And then I'm left with Vincent Jackson who is supposed to explode this week vs Redskins and Floyd who should be the #1 target for Rivers. Ah decisions decisions.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #1713
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,572
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
the old risk vs reward..

Do want 5 points or do you want 15 (Simposon) with the possibility of 0.
Burleson has a good upside too
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #1714
Nanners
College star
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: rip city
Posts: 3,987
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
Really tough time deciding who to start this week this is what i got so far
QB: M.Ryan
RB: R.Rice
WR: V.Cruz
TE: R.Gronkowski
D/ST: Cardinals
K: M.Crosby

The rest of my team looks like this
T.Romo
F.Jackson
R.Bush
R.Williams(ARZ)
D.Martin
J.Maclin
V.Jackson
G.Jennings
M.Floyd(SD)
K.Britt

who to start?
Right now I'm leaning towards Ricky Williams at RB2. Fred and Reggie are coming off of injuries besides Reggie is playing the Cardinals. I don't know about Martin vs Redskins though.

At WR I'm really doubting Jennings as he hasn't done anything all season for me. Britt is still hurt obviously and I want to start Maclin but ESPN tells me its risky. And then I'm left with Vincent Jackson who is supposed to explode this week vs Redskins and Floyd who should be the #1 target for Rivers. Ah decisions decisions.

fred jackson may be coming off injury, but it looks like he will get most of the snaps today and chan gailey is a master at creating space for his RBs. i would take fjax over ricky without thinking twice.

i dunno how many wr slot you have, but you should def start jennings. through 3 games this season, GB has played against 3 of the best defenses in the NFL, and this week they go against one of the worst. vjax does have a nice matchup, but jennings has a nice matchup too and i trust the GB offense more than the bucs.

Last edited by Nanners : 09-30-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #1715
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox
 
ballinhun8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ehhhh, BANDWAGON BOSTON
Posts: 4,752
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

I'm really really torn.


Should I keep Holmes in my Flex or should I start Ramses? Just picked him up after Nicks went out. I'm worried about both matchups. Holmes against the Miners and with no Hill or Keller they might not even let Sanchez time to throw. Or Ramses goes against tough Philly corners.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #1716
Nanners
College star
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: rip city
Posts: 3,987
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

id probably go with holmes. holmes is getting targeted very heavily this year, and while he could easily put up a goose egg against SF, i expect that jets will be forced to throw after falling behind. also it doesnt hurt that the niners will completely destroy any attempt at a running game from the jets. (its shonn geene vs SF front 7.... LOL)

Last edited by Nanners : 09-30-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #1717
Bane
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Bane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 41
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
id probably go with holmes. holmes is getting targeted very heavily this year, and while he could easily put up a goose egg against SF, i expect that jets will be forced to throw after falling behind. also it doesnt hurt that the niners will completely destroy any attempt at a running game from the jets. (its shonn geene vs SF front 7.... LOL)
Thanks so Ill probably start Fred and Jennings alongside Cruz but then I still have one Flex spot left and I'm torn between Maclin, Jackson, Williams and Floyd
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #1718
Nanners
College star
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: rip city
Posts: 3,987
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

i was just reading your post again, you meant ryan williams and not ricky williams.... right? regardless, i dont trust ricky (retired) or ryan williams (miami shuts down the run). i would flex maclin or vjax. floyd could have a big week too but who knows what you are going to get from the chargers these days.

Last edited by Nanners : 09-30-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #1719
Bane
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Bane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 41
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
i was just reading your post again, you meant ryan williams and not ricky williams.... right? regardless, i dont trust ricky (retired) or ryan williams (miami shuts down the run). i would flex maclin or vjax. floyd could have a big week too but who knows what you are going to get from the chargers these days.
Yeah sorry I meant Ryan Williams anyway thanks for the insight helped me a bunch
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #1720
Nanners
College star
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: rip city
Posts: 3,987
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

how did you get such a stacked team? is that an 8 team league?
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #1721
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

SPILLER IS ACTIVE


will still split carries with Fred today but I am taking a chance with him...fck it



it's -spillertime-
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #1722
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,577
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
SPILLER IS ACTIVE


will still split carries with Fred today but I am taking a chance with him...fck it



it's -spillertime-

I don't understand how this happening

I have them both on my bench? What do I do? Is Spiller going to get carries or be limited because of his shoulder?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #1723
Rose
Hero in a half shell
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Pole
Posts: 35,000
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Should I go Spiller or Sproles?

I think it's a shootout in GB, and there's the chance Spiller re-aggravates that shoulder injury.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #1724
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,577
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Should I go Spiller or Sproles?

I think it's a shootout in GB, and there's the chance Spiller re-aggravates that shoulder injury.

Jackson is expected to get the start but he's playing with a brace on his knee.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #1725
Rose
Hero in a half shell
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Pole
Posts: 35,000
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Jackson is expected to get the start but he's playing with a brace on his knee.
**** it, Spiller's been too good. I guess I'll go with him and potentially regret it if he gets injured again.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy