Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #1756
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

yep id do that deal.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #1757
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

What's everyone's opinion on Steven Jackson this year?

I took him in the late 2nd round with expectations of an RB1 with a high floor to pair with my 3rd round high upside RB2 in Trent Richardson, and let's just say that things haven't gone according to plan. S-Jax is now merely a flex play behind Trent and my waiver wire gem, Alfred Morris.

Now before I go on, I'm fully aware of Jackson's prowess. The man is a workhorse on a run-first team(although they are looking to get the passing game more involved). He's been one of the most trustworthy Fantasy Football running backs in recent memory; one of the players you leave in your lineup weekly, regardless of matchup or news of a nagging injury. This guy has played through countless injuries, and has been continually delivering the fantasy goods since 2005.

The downside to this is that he's been battered and bruised immensely. I just don't see the Action Jackson of old when I watch him play this year. His carries were down last year from 330 to 260, yet he only put up 100 yards less. His TDs are never something to bank on. Take a look.

'05 - 8 TD
'06 - 13 TD
'07 - 5 TD
'08 - 7 TD
'09 - 4 TD
'10 - 6 TD
'11 - 5 TD

I'm panicking at this point with having Trent as my only guarantee at RB(if you ignore the whole rookie factor). I traded away my original RB3 Cedric Benson in a package including Pettigrew and Vincent Jackson for Stevan Ridley and Malcom Floyd.

Then the Julio owner who needed help at RB started pushing hard for Ridley after I hyped the living shit out of him. I flipped Ridley and Floyd for Julio and Jacquizz, ultimately leaving myself with Trent, S-Jax, Alfie, and Jacquizz as my RBs.

This is my current lineup.

Brees
Colston
Julio
Denarius
Trent
Alfie
Vernon
S-Jax

Bench: James Jones, Jacquizz, L. Hankerson, J. Simpson, Mike Goodson

With Brees finally living up to his first round selection and Colston finally healthy and playing well, my team seems to be rounding into form. My only concern, as stated before, is Steven Jackson.

Part of me wishes I didn't trade for Julio, instead keeping Ridley and Floyd. Needless to say, had Colston showed me anything in the previous weeks, I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the Julio trade. I would have sat pretty with my RB core of Trent, S-Jax, Ridley, and Alfie, while hoping for production from Floyd as my WR2 and Denarius as my WR3. Now I have Trent, Alfie and a giant question mark in S-Jax.

I'm thinking of offering S-Jax, James Jones, and Jacquizz to the owner of Michael Turner, for Frank Gore and Mike Williams.

Thoughts?
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #1758
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

^I'm in the same boat as you dude. I just picked up Julio for marshawn Lynch leaving me with demarco Murray and a bunch of completely average no high upside backs.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #1759
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
^I'm in the same boat as you dude. I just picked up Julio for marshawn Lynch leaving me with demarco Murray and a bunch of completely average no high upside backs.

It's ****ing pointless trying to trade S-Jax right now.

By the way, hearing that you gave up Lynch for Julio is making me feel better about my Julio trade.

Another offer I'm considering.

Sproles/Torrey for Denarius/S-Jax

I don't think the other owner would consider this trade though. This would have been trade rape on his end in the beginning of the season. Now it's borderline laugh worthy that I would even offer this trade.

Should I offer regardless?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:20 AM   #1760
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

I'm hear to put you at ease Lefraud. Lets start with Julio..

This guy will finish as a top 3 WR if he can put in 16 games. Did you know Julio has more TDs than any other player since week 13 of last year? He's having a big bounce back this week vs WASH. He's an elite talent in this league and he's simply going through some growing pains. He will be everything you thought he was and win you weeks single handily. People have this huge misconception about FF, they think that if you have a player that puts up a relative dud every now and then also known as a risk/reward type, that the duds will lose you games and thus they prefer "consistent" guys. Basically point being player x gives you 5 weeks of 24/6/21/4/27 and player z gives you 16/14/11/13/15 player X is going to help you win games far more then player z would. There reason this is a misconception is because most fantasy games are decided by 10+ points, so those duds while they look disgusting, in most scenarios didn't swing the game either way. On the flip side when player X can give you 25, he's going to play a major role in you winning the game.

As far as SJAX is concerned yeah he's a low end RB2 and a middling one at that, but as you noted, now is not the time to move him. He's going to likely struggle vs AZ but maybe you look to package him later on.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:27 AM   #1761
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad

This guy will finish as a top 3 WR if he can put in 16 games. Did you know Julio has more TDs than any other player since week 13 of last year? He's having a big bounce back this week vs WASH. He's an elite talent in this league and he's simply going through some growing pains. He will be everything you thought he was and win you weeks single handily. People have this huge misconception about FF, they think that if you have a player that puts up a relative dud every now and then also known as a risk/reward type, that the duds will lose you games and thus they prefer "consistent" guys. Basically point being player x gives you 5 weeks of 24/6/21/4/27 and player z gives you 16/14/11/13/15 player X is going to help you win games far more then player z would. There reason this is a misconception is because most fantasy games are decided by 10+ points, so those duds while they look disgusting, in most scenarios didn't swing the game either way. On the flip side when player X can give you 25, he's going to play a major role in you winning the game.

As far as SJAX is concerned yeah he's a low end RB2 and a middling one at that, but as you noted, now is not the time to move him. He's going to likely struggle vs AZ but maybe you look to package him later on.

Always appreciate your input Marlo.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #1762
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

Yea I kinda see this in my first ff season. It's more likely to have 3 guys put up 20 than it is to have 6 or 7 give you a solid 10 week in and week out. The game is so random and points are gained in chunks so you either go big or go home.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #1763
jazz873
College star

Do you guys think Andre will put up numbers close to week 1 ever again?
jazz873 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #1764
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Do you guys think Andre will put up numbers close to week 1 ever again?
Yes. He is still by and large the Texans best receiver. As long as he can stay healthy he should put up a few games like that. Whether or not he can be a consistent performer, I don't know.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #1765
TylerOO
Wake me up in June

Here is some really great advice. Trade for Julio Jones right now. His value is at its lowest as it ever will be
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #1766
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Here is some really great advice. Trade for Julio Jones right now. His value is at its lowest as it ever will be
x19

Julio might do 200 and 3 tds this week
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #1767
jazz873
College star

Rate these waiver wires.

Jackie Battle
Brandon Bolden
Brian Hartline
Andre Roberts
James Jones
jazz873 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #1768
TylerOO
Wake me up in June

Quote:
Rate these waiver wires.

Jackie Battle
Brandon Bolden
Brian Hartline
Andre Roberts
James Jones
For ROS- Hartline, Jones, Bolden, Roberts, Battle
Next two weeks- Jones, Hartline, Bolden, Roberts, Battle.

I know Battle been dcent but its fcukin Jackie Battle lol
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #1769
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Quote:
Rate these waiver wires.

Jackie Battle
Brandon Bolden
Brian Hartline
Andre Roberts
James Jones

hartline
jones
roberts/bolden (depends on need)
battle
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #1770
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
x19

Julio might do 200 and 3 tds this week

Why do you love this guy so much??

Yes he's a great talent and can do almost anything any other WR can but his team is loaded with weapons and any day it could be Turner, Gonzalez, Roddy, or Julio.

Its hard to think he is going to put up the numbers he is capable of doing it when the falcons do such a great job of spreading the ball around to all their playmakers.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: