Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #1906
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

For all of you who lost this week i have something that will make you feel better.

I lost my match up this week on that the Philip Rivers sack fumble to end the game. I have lost back 2 back games by a combination of 0.8 points
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #1907
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

alfred morris vs. the giants or fred jackson vs. the titans?

concerned about the timeshare with CJ spiller, but also concerned with RGIII dominating the football.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #1908
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
alfred morris vs. the giants or fred jackson vs. the titans?

concerned about the timeshare with CJ spiller, but also concerned with RGIII dominating the football.
ALF
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #1909
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Alright so Jimmy owner is 2-4, and has a lot of byes this upcoming week. He's interested in my Julio, and tbh I wouldn't mind giving him up for a player like Jimmy(especially considering the fact that I also have Brees/Colston).

My team:

Brees/Luck
Colston/Julio/Denarius/Ja.Jones/Br.Gibson/T.Y Hilton
Trent/Alf/S-Jax/Jacquizz
Vernon

His team:

RG3/Ponder
Decker/DeSean/Welker/Wayne/Andre Roberts
Matthews/D.Martin/K.Hunter/D.Wilson/Battle
Jimmy/Heath

He likes Julio and Alf. I like Welker, Matthews, Wayne and Jimmy ofcourse.

He doesn't like Denarius nor S-Jax, and he thinks Vernon will continue with his recent slump.

He threw out Decker/Jimmy for Julio/Alf. I didn't want to tell him how horrible I thought the trade was, so I just told him that the trade would cripple me at RB.

Help?
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #1910
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

Need some help with my defense.. currently have the Ravens, and I'm not sure if they are worth playing this week, especially with the injuries.

vs. Houston (5.7 proj)

I also have the Bills defense vs. Titans (9.6 proj)

Available defenses:

Minnesota vs. Arizona (12.16 proj)
Dallas vs. Carolina (10 proj)

I'm tempted to pick up Minnesota with how much Arizona is struggling
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #1911
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
Need some help with my defense.. currently have the Ravens, and I'm not sure if they are worth playing this week, especially with the injuries.

vs. Houston (5.7 proj)

I also have the Bills defense vs. Titans (9.6 proj)

Available defenses:

Minnesota vs. Arizona (12.16 proj)
Dallas vs. Carolina (10 proj)

I'm tempted to pick up Minnesota with how much Arizona is struggling

I'm in the same boat.

I would probably drop Baltimore and get Minnesota.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #1912
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
For all of you who lost this week i have something that will make you feel better.

I lost my match up this week on that the Philip Rivers sack fumble to end the game. I have lost back 2 back games by a combination of 0.8 points

That's about the most painful way to lose. Not just the closeness but how it happened. I could live with losing by 0.something points if my team just came up a bit short after being behind going into the MNF game, but to lose on a sack-fumble to end the game on MNF....I'd've been throwing and breaking shit.

I'm 4-2 this year and in the two losses my team has just severely under performed. In week one, after being projected to scored 138 points, they score 96 and lose to a FF rookie who picked Eric Weddle with his second pick and the Steelers defense with his 5th. His team only scored 101 points but it was still enough.

This week I had like 6 or 7 players come 2-3 points short of their projections. I've learned Yahoo's projections are usually 10-15 points short (in total). Had 8 players in total score in single digits and scored 110. Didn't even come close to the 135ish projection I was on a four game win-streak and my team was scoring 150+ every week even though they were being projected for 130-140.

Play a guy who's on a 3-game win streak scoring 180+ every week after a bullshit trade that gave him Arian Foster and Wes Welker next week, and one of the two remaining undefeated teams the week after. Staring a 4-4 start in the face after going 12-2 and 13-1 the last two years.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #1913
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
That's about the most painful way to lose. Not just the closeness but how it happened. I could live with losing by 0.something points if my team just came up a bit short after being behind going into the MNF game, but to lose on a sack-fumble to end the game on MNF....I'd've been throwing and breaking shit.

I'm 4-2 this year and in the two losses my team has just severely under performed. In week one, after being projected to scored 138 points, they score 96 and lose to a FF rookie who picked Eric Weddle with his second pick and the Steelers defense with his 5th. His team only scored 101 points but it was still enough.

This week I had like 6 or 7 players come 2-3 points short of their projections. I've learned Yahoo's projections are usually 10-15 points short (in total). Had 8 players in total score in single digits and scored 110. Didn't even come close to the 135ish projection I was on a four game win-streak and my team was scoring 150+ every week even though they were being projected for 130-140.

Play a guy who's on a 3-game win streak scoring 180+ every week after a bullshit trade that gave him Arian Foster and Wes Welker next week, and one of the two remaining undefeated teams the week after. Staring a 4-4 start in the face after going 12-2 and 13-1 the last two years.
Lmao my other lost was because of stat corrections . I was up 4 points after monday and on tuesday they took away 2 tackles and 2 catches and i lost by .4
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #1914
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool

i have the ravens D, should i drop them and just pick a different D up through waivers depending on the matchup each week?

i'll listen to the advice above, picking up minny's D this week.

Last edited by beer : 10-16-2012 at 08:11 PM.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #1915
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer
i have the ravens D, should i drop them and just pick a different D up through waivers depending on the matchup each week?

i'll listen to the advice above, picking up minny's D this week.
With how many injuries they have, they probably aren't worth holding onto every week. I'd go with the waiver wire each week over them.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #1916
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

I lost this week and went from third place to second. Alrite.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #1917
AK47DR91

Sproles at Tampa Bay

OR

Mendenhall at Cincy
Old 10-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #1918
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91
Sproles at Tampa Bay

OR

Mendenhall at Cincy

mendy has the higher ceiling but it's too early to ask this question. i'd see how he looks in practice the rest of the week.

right now, i say sproles but part of that is because i think tomlin will play it safe and let mendy rest or keep him limited. TB's run defense is legit. a lot of that has to do with teams double teaming mccoy or bennett and foster having a near pro bowl season while rookies david and barron have really stepped up. sproles will still get his catches though and will probably be able to break off a big play or two.

in short....mendy is the higher risk/higher reward. sproles is the far safer way.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-17-2012 at 06:53 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #1919
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Having an abysmal season despite having a pretty decent team. I always sit and start the wrong guys (which have cost me 2 or 3 wins), and now I got another dilemma with loads of options:

My 2 starting RBs: Forte and Chris Johnson (traded for Sproles just before the PIT game last week). One of my 2 starting WRs is Calvin.

What I need to fill in, is my 2nd WR spot and my Flex W/R with: Brandon Lloyd(NYJ), Torrey Smith(HOU), Mike Williams(MIN) and Felix Jones(CAR).

What you think.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #1920
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
Having an abysmal season despite having a pretty decent team. I always sit and start the wrong guys (which have cost me 2 or 3 wins), and now I got another dilemma with loads of options:

My 2 starting RBs: Forte and Chris Johnson (traded for Sproles just before the PIT game last week). One of my 2 starting WRs is Calvin.

What I need to fill in, is my 2nd WR spot and my Flex W/R with: Brandon Lloyd(NYJ), Torrey Smith(HOU), Mike Williams(MIN) and Felix Jones(CAR).

What you think.
Felix and Lloyd
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: