Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #1921
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Felix and Lloyd
Agree on Felix but I would probably go with Torrey Smith over Lloyd. He has a higher ceiling this week.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #1922
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Agree on Felix but I would probably go with Torrey Smith over Lloyd. He has a higher ceiling this week.
How do you figure that? Outside of one game the Texans secondary has been elite, they are a huge favorite as well. Torrey is bery feast or famine at this point Id feel far more comfortable playing Lloyd in a neutral match up.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #1923
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
How do you figure that? Outside of one game the Texans secondary has been elite, they are a huge favorite as well. Torrey is bery feast or famine at this point Id feel far more comfortable playing Lloyd in a neutral match up.
Patriots offense has to many mouths to feed. Bot Gronk and Hernandez are back so he could see significantly less targets. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I would rather go with Torrey Smith and hope for a big play or two.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #1924
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
What are your thoughts on DeMarco?
Old 10-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #1925
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
What are your thoughts on DeMarco?
My thoughts on the signifigance of his injury? I know what everyone else knows at this point. He thinks he'll play next week which seems unlikely considering how quickly he was ruled out this week. He was on my Do Not Draft list this year as he had major durability concerns, plays in a very pass happy offense, and simply doesnt score touchdowns (does he have 2 this year?)
Old 10-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #1926
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
Having an abysmal season despite having a pretty decent team. I always sit and start the wrong guys (which have cost me 2 or 3 wins), and now I got another dilemma with loads of options:

My 2 starting RBs: Forte and Chris Johnson (traded for Sproles just before the PIT game last week). One of my 2 starting WRs is Calvin.

What I need to fill in, is my 2nd WR spot and my Flex W/R with: Brandon Lloyd(NYJ), Torrey Smith(HOU), Mike Williams(MIN) and Felix Jones(CAR).

What you think.

smith and felix. texans are 17th in giving up points to WRs. you also have to factor in how hurt ravens defense is. they're going to have to score points and toss it around to keep up. this smells shootout and smith has the higher ceiling.

lloyd is also likely to be blanketed by cromartie. this is a game pats could pull away from early and rely on their run game.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-17-2012 at 03:26 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #1927
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
smith and felix. texans are 17th in giving up points to WRs. you also have to factor in how hurt ravens defense is. they're going to have to score points and toss it around to keep up. this smells shootout and smith has the higher ceiling.

lloyd is also likely to be blanketed by cromartie. this is a game pats could pull away from early and rely on their run game.
Im one of Torrey Smiths biggest supporters, ask anyone, i own him in a handful of leagues and hes firmly planted on my bench this week. Jonathan Joseph will be glued to him all game. Just because a team gives up the 17th most points to WRs isnt a telling stat. Look at what the Texans give up to opposing #1 WRs, theyve shut everyone down outside of Jordy. Prior to last week they were top 10 against the pass in virtually every category.

Jets vs Pats will be more competitive then the Texans and Ravens IMO.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #1928
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

cant believe he was still available but i picked up josh gordon.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #1929
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Im one of Torrey Smiths biggest supporters, ask anyone, i own him in a handful of leagues and hes firmly planted on my bench this week. Jonathan Joseph will be glued to him all game. Just because a team gives up the 17th most points to WRs isnt a telling stat. Look at what the Texans give up to opposing #1 WRs, theyve shut everyone down outside of Jordy. Prior to last week they were top 10 against the pass in virtually every category.

Jets vs Pats will be more competitive then the Texans and Ravens IMO.

texans gave up 94 yards to jeremy kerley with joseph on him the week before. what you said about joseph can pretty much be said about cromartie. which #1 WRs have gone off vs. him?

patriots are 12 points favorites while the texans are 7.5 point favorites. ravens game might end up being more of a defensive struggle and i just seem them airing it out a lot.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-17-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #1930
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Alright, thanks for the replies fellas.

I'd say Felix is a lock indeed, but maybe I should wait with Lloyd on his status and with the possibillities the Pats have, they might take it easy on him this week.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #1931
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Start 2 this week

Josh Gordon @ IND

Donnie Avery vs CLE

Vick Ballard vs CLE

Brandon Lloyd vs NYJ
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #1932
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Torrey Smith (Texans) or Josh Gordon(Colts)? Both are pretty hit or miss big play guys, but it seems like Gordon is more likely to get more chances against that defense right?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #1933
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
texans gave up 94 yards to jeremy kerley with joseph on him the week before. what you said about joseph can pretty much be said about cromartie. which #1 WRs have gone off vs. him?

patriots are 12 points favorites while the texans are 7.5 point favorites. ravens game might end up being more of a defensive struggle and i just seem them airing it out a lot.
I dont envision cromartie being glued to Lloyd, hes covered Welker in the past and against the Patriots I doubt the Jets focus is to shut down Lloyd. Outside of one game Lloyd has been pretty consistent, and as you know touchdowbs are a volume thing, especially in that offense.

Was Joseph really glued to Kerley that game? I have a hard time believing that. Is Kerley even on the field in the Jets base formation? The Texans outside of one game are elite against opposing offenses #1 WR.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #1934
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
I dont envision cromartie being glued to Lloyd, hes covered Welker in the past and against the Patriots I doubt the Jets focus is to shut down Lloyd. Outside of one game Lloyd has been pretty consistent, and as you know touchdowbs are a volume thing, especially in that offense.

Was Joseph really glued to Kerley that game? I have a hard time believing that. Is Kerley even on the field in the Jets base formation? The Texans outside of one game are elite against opposing offenses #1 WR.

cromartie was matched up with lloyd a couple seasons ago. he held him to two catches and 26 yards. cromartie was matched up with welker in the past when revis was on the field. i think he'll be on lloyd duties this game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...6-yd-reception

^ kerley was in that game a lot and joseph was right there with him. inside slant for 36 yards. why would he not be on the field with holmes, hill and keller not playing?

let's not act like joseph is a shutdown corner. rodgers just picked on him a couple days ago.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-17-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #1935
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Lol Joseph is an elite corner, he graded out as the best or 2nd best corner in the NFL last year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: