Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-23-2012, 02:48 AM   #1981
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Need some help at running back for week 8...

MJD went down, Fred Jackson on bye week. Only have Alfred Morris playing, so I need some help from the waiver wire.

Available RB's:
Rashad Jennings @GB
Mikel Leshoure vs. Sea
Stephens-Howling vs. SF
Mendenhall/Dwyer vs. Wsh

Leaning towards Jennings as I expect he'll get 20+ touches this week. However, not sure if I should jump on Mendenhall if he comes back this week.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:08 AM   #1982
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
Need some help at running back for week 8...

MJD went down, Fred Jackson on bye week. Only have Alfred Morris playing, so I need some help from the waiver wire.

Available RB's:
Rashad Jennings @GB
Mikel Leshoure vs. Sea
Stephens-Howling vs. SF
Mendenhall/Dwyer vs. Wsh

Leaning towards Jennings as I expect he'll get 20+ touches this week. However, not sure if I should jump on Mendenhall if he comes back this week.

LeShoure should be owned in all leagues. He's the only RB left that the Detroit staff has any faith in, especially with Kevin Smith falling off the face of the earth.

Another good thing Leshoure has going for him is Joicque Bell's fumble at the goal line during MNF. He should receive the majority of the red zone carries moving forward.

I just traded for LeShoure.

Gave up my precious gem Alfred Morris along with a slumping Vernon Davis for LeShoure and Gonzo.

My team:

Brees/Luck
Julio/Colston/Denarius
Trent/S.Jackson
Tony G
Leshoure

Downgraded my RB corps in order to solidify my TE slot. The other positive in this trade is that I'm pairing Julio/Gonzo with my Brees/Colston. Atlanta's schedule is an absolute cakewalk from here on out, and I have 2/3 of their passing attack. With Brees and Colston continuing to benefit from the horrid NO defense, the only concern with my team will be RB production. I should be alright with Trent, S-Jax, and Leshoure though.

Thoughts?
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #1983
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
LeShoure should be owned in all leagues. He's the only RB left that the Detroit staff has any faith in, especially with Kevin Smith falling off the face of the earth.

Another good thing Leshoure has going for him is Joicque Bell's fumble at the goal line during MNF. He should receive the majority of the red zone carries moving forward.

Gave up my precious gem Alfred Morris along with a slumping Vernon Davis for LeShoure and Gonzo.

My team:

Brees/Luck
Julio/Colston/Denarius
Trent/S.Jackson
Tony G
Leshoure

Downgraded my RB corps in order to solidify my TE slot. The other positive in this trade is that I'm pairing Julio/Gonzo with my Brees/Colston. Atlanta's schedule is an absolute cakewalk from here on out, and I have 2/3 of their passing attack. With Brees and Colston continuing to benefit from the horrid NO defense, the only concern with my team will be RB production. I should be alright with Trent, S-Jax, and Leshoure though.

Thoughts?
Not necessarily true. LeShoure has already fumbled in the endzone and he fumbled yesterday.

Your trade was probably worth it. I think Morris will definitely slow down and Tony G has been straight money this year. I like your team a lot.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #1984
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James

My team:

Brees/Luck
Julio/Colston/Denarius
Trent/S.Jackson
Tony G
Leshoure

Thoughts?
I don't like the match up vs. the Seahawks, nor the fact that the Lions tend to air it out.

What are your thoughts on Jennings with MJD out?
Old 10-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #1985
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
I don't like the match up vs. the Seahawks, nor the fact that the Lions tend to air it out.

What are your thoughts on Jennings with MJD out?
Definitely worth the pickup. Doesn't have a great ceiling, but he is a starting runningback.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #1986
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Not necessarily true. LeShoure has already fumbled in the endzone and he fumbled yesterday.

Your trade was probably worth it. I think Morris will definitely slow down and Tony G has been straight money this year. I like your team a lot.

Yeah I may be a little high on Leshoure, but I still know to temper my expectations. At the end of the day, he's playing on a pass happy team that has no idea what to do with their run game. Leshoure has better hands than most people give him credit for, so I guess that's a plus.

I also forgot to mention in my previous post that both Leshoure on Gonzo have had their byes while Alfie and Vernon still have theirs coming up.

Aside from that, I have to disagree with you about Alfie ROS. He'll continue getting his usual 20+ carries, and I have hope that the 'skins will start limiting the amount of RG3 option plays in the RZ in order to protect him. Alfie will reap the benefits all the way to Top 10 RB status. The only RBs I would take over him right now are Foster, McCoy, Rice, Charles, Lynch, AP, Trent, DMC, and Matthews.

I made a move so I wouldn't have any major holes in my lineup, and with Vernon giving me 3 duds the past 4 games, he was becoming a problem.

It's hard giving up a player of Alfie's caliber, but I still have Trent and S-Jax holding down the RB1 and RB2 positions, along with Leshoure in the flex. Gonzo is glued into my TE slot, and barring any injuries I think I've built a definite contender.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #1987
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Would you guys say Mcfadden and James Jones for Mccoy and Heath miller is a fair trade?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #1988
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Would you guys say Mcfadden and James Jones for Mccoy and Heath miller is a fair trade?
I'd rather have McCoy/Miller
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #1989
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Malcom Floyd @ Cleveland or Steve Smith @ Chicago
Old 10-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #1990
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

McFadden is running behind a horrible offensive line. It's not a coincidence his YPC is so low. On top of that, he's never made it through an entire season healthy, and he's getting used at a ridiculous rate this year. I think he's getting more than 80% of Oakland's carries.

If you could rely on him staying healthy, and the Raiders offensive line not sucking ass, then if you're the one getting McFadden/Jones would probably trump McCoy and Miller; especially since it appears Greg Jennings is going to still be out for a while, Jones has become one of Rodgers favorite targets in his place, and Rodgers and the Packers offense is finally clicking and on a roll.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #1991
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Am I the only very disgruntled Matt Stafford owner? Five f***ing TD's in six games? On pace for 13 TD's for the season? No TD passes in the first three quarters of any games this year?

After a four game win streak where Andy Dalton and Roddy White carried my team, I'm riding a two game losing streak where my team scored fewer combined points than my season high of 195 several weeks ago. I was averaging 160ish during the 4 game win streak. But now that Dalton has comeback down to earth, and Stafford has continued to suck ass, my team is in a tailspin.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #1992
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Haven't watched much Lions football yet this year but why is Stafford not just throwing deep to Calvin 10 times a game like last year?

he has always been overrated because of Calvin, but I am not sure why he has decided to stop using Calvin...

it isn't like this is the first year teams started doubling Calvin...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #1993
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
McFadden is running behind a horrible offensive line. It's not a coincidence his YPC is so low. On top of that, he's never made it through an entire season healthy, and he's getting used at a ridiculous rate this year. I think he's getting more than 80% of Oakland's carries.

If you could rely on him staying healthy, and the Raiders offensive line not sucking ass, then if you're the one getting McFadden/Jones would probably trump McCoy and Miller; especially since it appears Greg Jennings is going to still be out for a while, Jones has become one of Rodgers favorite targets in his place, and Rodgers and the Packers offense is finally clicking and on a roll.
I will be getting Mccoy/Miller. I like Mccoy more than McFadden especially after this bye week i think we are going to see a lot more of him. I already start Megatron and Miles Austin.

My team if i were to make the trade:

Romo
Mccoy
Mathews
Megatron
Austin
Miller
Ridley
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #1994
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Am I the only very disgruntled Matt Stafford owner? Five f***ing TD's in six games? On pace for 13 TD's for the season? No TD passes in the first three quarters of any games this year?

After a four game win streak where Andy Dalton and Roddy White carried my team, I'm riding a two game losing streak where my team scored fewer combined points than my season high of 195 several weeks ago. I was averaging 160ish during the 4 game win streak. But now that Dalton has comeback down to earth, and Stafford has continued to suck ass, my team is in a tailspin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.tiddy
Haven't watched much Lions football yet this year but why is Stafford not just throwing deep to Calvin 10 times a game like last year?

he has always been overrated because of Calvin, but I am not sure why he has decided to stop using Calvin...

it isn't like this is the first year teams started doubling Calvin...

I wish I had a good answer for these questions. If I had to give an honest to god answer, I would say that their offense isn't focused and doesn't care until the fourth quarter. They take a big shit all over themselves during the first three quarters, but when they get to the fourth, they play like the explosive offense they were last year. It's not only Stafford either. Receivers are making drops left and right, players are not running the right routes, and everyone thinks fumbling is the cool new thing to do. The team keeps showing glimpses of greatness but then they pull a boneheaded move and fuck everything up. Take the Chicago game last night for instance. I honestly think the Lions outplayed the Bears. Outside of a few big plays, they contained Forte, and their extremely beat up secondary did alright on Marhsall. Three fumbles (one in the redzone and another deep in Lions territory) were absolutely brutal. As a fantasy owner of Matthew Stafford, I will not be jumping ship, but I no longer feel right advising other people not too.

Stafford and Calvin are still hooking up for a good amount of yards (not so much against the bears though). Stafford has had a really tough time in the redzone this year and teams are definitely playing Calvin a lot tougher in the redzone as well. I thought Titus Young and Brandon Dropagrew were going to step up and score a lot of touchdowns this year, but nope. I'd like to think they are just going to flip a switch and the mojo will be back, but I honestly have no clue at this point.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #1995
KG215

Quote:
I will be getting Mccoy/Miller. I like Mccoy more than McFadden especially after this bye week i think we are going to see a lot more of him. I already start Megatron and Miles Austin.

My team if i were to make the trade:

Romo
Mccoy
Mathews
Megatron
Austin
Miller
Ridley

Yeah, I'd probably do it, then. The running back combo of Ridley and McFadden is very hit-or-miss. Matthews is an injury risk
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: